Saturday

CL - WTF?

craigs list wtf Saturday, November 8, 2008.
Expensive, but the BEST! (Manhattan)
Hi Parents, I have been a nanny for more than 7 years; After a short break in my country I've become impatient to start working again! I am looking for a family who sees their nanny as more than just 'the help', but more like a part of the family. I would like to work for parents who are involved with and interested in their children's lives, and who share my views on taking care of children. I am a very easy going and honest person, and I am very comfortable with discussing whatever issues or concerns either of us may have. Of course, I love children! I have a lot of energy and a great imagination, and I love putting both to use! I enjoy being outside, playing any kinds of sports, looking for bugs (maybe not spiders!), going to the beach or the park,museums. I love riding bikes, taking walks, and going swimming. On the other hand, I also enjoy doing things that may be better suited for inside! I love to read and sincerely feel there's no point in reading to children if you don't do 'the voices'! I enjoy puzzles, coloring, Legos, cooking, games, you name it. I love doing any kind of arts and crafts, but I have to admit, while I'm very creative, I can guarantee you that we'll all have a great time! As you can see, I'm a very hands on, down on the floor nanny. I don't want to just keep an eye on the children, I want to play with them, teach them and have a great time! I feel children need consistency between their care givers and their parents, which is why I like to work with people who share my views. My philosophy with children involves lots of affection, attention, and communication. I wouldn't say I am at all strict, but I am firm. I have worked with children of all ages, from just home from the hospital to early grade school. I am an Spanish/English/portugues speaker and a nonsmoker. I am available Monday/Friday from 2pm in advance. My rates depend on hours, number of children, what you require, and are negotiable. $35/40 p/hour My former employers are more than happy to speak with anyone who is seriously interested in working with me. Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you!
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/900350217.html
_________________________________________________________

Babysitter required for Tonite! (Newcastle)
We have concert tickets for tonight and a cancelled babysitter-can you help?!?! After a sitter from 7pm to 10-11pm, in nice home with cable tv with sleeping kids. Please email with your phone number if you are interested. Thanks!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/903163122.html
_________________________________________________________

Need Babysitter Saturday Night from 7:30pm-1:00am (Santa Monica)
Hi, my regular sitter is out of town and I need a sitter to watch my 16 month old little girl, while I go to a friend's birthday party! She goes to sleep between 7:30 and 8 so I basically just need somebody to sit on the couch!
Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/kid/908577408.html
__________________________________________________________

Need a Babysitter tomorrow from 6 to 9 pm (West Seattle)
Need baby sitter tomorrow Tuesday from 6 to 9 pm. Reasonable rate. Thanks, S.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/904500642.html
________________________________________________________
Special Thanks to the following Contributors: Kermee2000, northjerseynanny, Jessica W., Carrie J., MissDee, idon'tunderstand, Candi and SFClaire. Ads will be Posted every Saturday... please don't forget to include the URL! We like to credit our Readers for their work, but if you wish to remain Anonymous, let us know! Send next week's CL - WTF? Ads HERE.
TO READ THE REST OF THIS WEEKS SUBMISSIONS: CLICK HERE.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The frist nanny sounds great. Maybe a bit pricey, but great.

The other people, who advertised for strangers to babysit immediately...I won't use the words that come immediately to mind about them.
I would think Craig's list would quickly become a Pedophiles "Shoppers Paradise" with ads like this on there! Defenseless kids to molest all night long, a bit of spare cash to boot...and with the "No questions asked" kind of situations like thses, there will be little to no way to find or identify them later, so they are free to "shop again," often.

Anonymous said...

True, but I doubt many would even consider hiring a male, though there are female pedophiles out there.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

I'm with you, Mom. I find it so disturbing when I come across an Ad with a Parent that is willing to bring a complete stranger into their home TONIGHT to watch their children.
I can't imagine a Concert being so important to them, that they'd potentially be putting their kids in harm's way. It's despicable, and they should have their children taken away from them.

Anonymous said...

I want $35.00 an our :(...
keep dreamin'... right parents that hire nannies?

LOL... Seriously she does, however, sound worth of the $20/hr range dependant on her location...

Anonymous said...

the first caregiver sounds amazing. She is expensive, but sounds amazing.

the second one...I just don't understand why people get strangers for last minute? I'm sure a relative or friend would be a better way to go

Anonymous said...

The first one sounds pretty much like me, and several other great nannies I know, and none of us make more than $20 an hour. Hummm, I'm thinking. I guess with the economy the way it is, it would not a good time to ask for a raise, huh?

Anonymous said...

35-40 an hour? She's dreaming.She doesn't sound THAT great. Fun and silly yes, but I'd like to hear more qualifications deserving of that pay rate. I'm with you ManhattanNanny.

Anonymous said...

How long have you been a nanny, Manhattan nanny? If you have experience, good references & the right qualifications there's no reason why you shouldn't be making AT LEAST $25/hour. Even in this economic climate there's a great demand for nannies who are college educated (preferably with a child development or education focus), native English speakers, can work as part of a household management team (no power struggles with the housekeeper/PA/driver), have at least 3-4 years prior full time experience, can swim, cook, ride, etc.

I don't put my salary in terms of an hourly rate because I am flexible for my employers, but I make 90,000/year + generous benefits. On average I work 50-60 hours a week--but that still works out to be more than $28/hour on my busiest weeks and $35/hour on the slower weeks.

Sure, there are a limited number of families in the city who can afford to pay that much--but it works out because there are a limited group of nannies who fit those qualifications.

Anonymous said...

These people are seflish, selfish, SELFISH! Risking their kids so they can go out and have some fun. Ughhh.

Anonymous said...

Regular Commenter - I can't imagine how much your employers must make to afford to pay such a generous salary to their nanny. Wow.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well if they are making a couple of million a year, what is $90k to them.

Its a tax write-off if both parents are working.