Tuesday

No Nannies On Social Media?? Really?




Michelle Ruiz Andrews <ruizmichelleann@gmail.com>
Nov 2 (5 days ago)

to me
Hi ISYN -

I'm a writer working on a story for the New York Times' Style section about nannies and social media: I've noticed you don't often see nannies on Instagram or Facebook, so I am asking parents why not. (And for those few who do post photos of their nannies, I am asking they why they do). I'm not making a judgement necessarily—but observing this wrinkle in our digital world. As someone who runs a site all about nannies, do you have thoughts on this and might you be willing to be
quoted?

Please let me know? Thanks so much.

Best,

Michelle Ruiz Andrews
--------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you posting this? It seems as if why’re looking for an answer from you directly. Also, let’s be real, if she really writes for the New York Times, why is she contacting this site?

Leigh Raymer said...

Actually I do not know if she is a writer or not, i have no reason to doubt her - but she asked an interesting question which led me to the above article about digital theft of child pictures - which is a good answer to her question

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was legit:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/style/where-are-all-the-nannies-on-instagram.html