Thursday

HELP!! need advice!

Help! So I've been nannying for the same family for almost a year now, I love the kids and the kids love me, my bosses are amazing and even take me on all of their vacations all expenses paid including paying me on top of that. Amazing gig. I just recently found out I am pregnant and I told my MB yesterday. She was thrilled and even mentioned me still working for them after the baby came and bringing my newborn with me. I didn't even consider that this would be an option but if it is then that's great news for me. My only concern is that I've never been in this position before and I've nannied a newborn and know how much work they can be not to mention the strict schedules their usually on. I'm worried that doing this could end badly or it would be way too hard to keep giving my charges the attention they need while still caring for my own child. Bow, my charges at 4 and 6 - will be 5 and 7 by the time my baby is born. Anyone have similar experiences and can give some insight? Thanks so much!

3 comments:

nannie911 said...

Your charges will both be in school by then yes? My mom was in a reversed situation. When me and my sister were around the ages of your charges she was nanning a newborn. She always brought us with. You should do whatever your comfortable with and if you decide to keep working there, and find it to difficult, you can always put in your notice.

nannie911 said...

Your charges will both be in school by then yes? My mom was in a reversed situation. When me and my sister were around the ages of your charges she was nanning a newborn. She always brought us with. You should do whatever your comfortable with and if you decide to keep working there, and find it to difficult, you can always put in your notice.

Unknown said...

Is your boss looking for someone while you take a leave? Let's say at least 6 weeks. Are they going to set up an area where you can leave a crib there? It may seem great. But it's not easy bringing a newborn to work. I remember when my son was 4 months old taking him with me. It was an occasional job. He cried the whole time. The boys I cared for were miserable ages 5 and 8. I think they told their mom. She asked me after if anyone in my family would watch him. Luckily, it was an occasional job. So basically I just stayed home while he was young.