Saturday

CL - WTF?

craigs list wtf Saturday, November 29, 2008.
Childcare Needed (Armitage/Pulaski)
some one that will watch my kids CHEAP. i dont care if you sit on the phone or computer all day, as long as they are safe. but i need cheap, you must feed my kids, ....let me know your rate for 50 hours a week
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/927602916.html
________________________________________________________
Looking for PT nanny 3 days a week $250 - $300 a week (Tarrytown)
We're hoping to find our very own wonderful nanny to help us supervise, nurture, teach, and love our children while we're away at work. It is our hope that the nanny we choose becomes like another member of the family. While we'll always respect professional boundaries, we want you to feel welcome, comfortable, and appreciated. We are looking for a part-time nanny (3 days a week 7am-7pm) to take care of our wonderful and fun two boys (4 years old and 1.5 years old) who would be like a second mother to them. Our older son goes to Nursery School every day 9-12pm (Mondays 9-2pm) Needs to be loving, energetic and willing to do some house work (light cleaning, laundry). Needs to own car and be able to drive to activities 2x a week + drop off/pick up from school. We are a wonderful friendly easy going family and you will love working for us! References required. Salary negotiable depending on experience. $250-300 a week. Please, email us should you be willing and able to work for us. Thank you! Can't wait to hear from you!
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/kid/931668166.html
_________________________________________________________

Korean speaking babysitter wanted FRI, SAT, SUN (Upper East Side)
Hello, ******KOREAN speaking BABY SITTER wanted for FRI,SAT,SUN We need a KOREAN SPEAKING BABY SITTER ( & a little bit of english speaking) to baby sit 2 yo boy. For fri,sat,sun(7:am to 7:30pm) to start asap. YOU MUST BE KOREAN and speak korean fluently( ideally between35-55yo) Prior experience & reference required. Helpful to have a valid passport to travel out of state twice a year. YOU PAY YOUR EXPENSE please EMAIL YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER/NAME/AGE/EXPERIENCE & we will call you ASAP. Thank you. RATES $8 PER HR
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/931644388.html
_________________________________________________________

Looking for live in Nanny (Downtown)
2 children (2months and 6 years) Light housekeeping (laundry) Assist in preparing meals for children, Sleeping with baby until baby is older. Pay: Until baby is 4 months- $3600 per month. Thereafter, $3200. Schedule: Monday through Saturday 10AM.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/931634000.html
_________________________________________________________

Nanny needed (Union Square)
I'm a stay at home mom with four kids 7, 5, 3, 1 month old children seeking a nanny. Nanny must · have experience · be present · childcare · provide references · be able to breast feed · diapers · be legally eligible to work in the U.S. · be willing to take our dog to poop Location: small loft Salary: depending on experience Start: Wednesday Hours: 5 hours a day, 6 days a week LIVE OUT
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/931451657.html
_________________________________________________________

I can watch your child (Bayside/Queens)
i am a 14 year old male turning 15 in january. i am a freshman attending cardozo high school and i am in need of some cash. i can work for any reasonable price. if you think you need my help, email me at seodongyoon@**** with address, days/hours you need me, and $/hour you can pay me. also, i am willing to meet with you before i start the job. also, a computer at your home is preferred so i can get some schoolwork done.
Original URL:http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/kid/930961141.html
________________________________________________________

Babysitter needed tonight! (Eastside)
Is anyone available to provide child care on short notice tonight? I need someone with experience and references to provide child care in my home from 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM this Saturday night. Please call Heidi at 425-495-**** if you are interested in this opportunity!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/930309319.html
________________________________________________________

Childcare needed Mondays only! (Oly/Tum/Lcy/Tacoma)
I am in desperate need of childcare beginning Monday November 24th (this Monday!) My current childcare provider failed to give me two weeks notice and is relocating to Texas and can no longer care for my son. About my son: he is sweet and 20 months old. I work in Tacoma on Mondays and need to be at work by 6:30am. Therefore, depending on where you live will determine when I would need you to start watching him. If you live in Lacey, Tumwater or Olympia, I'd need to drop him off in the morning no later than 5:45am. If you live in Tacoma, I could drop him off right at 6am. I get off work at 3:30pm. I would pick him up right after getting off work. I only need childcare on Mondays, and you must be reliable as my job depends on me having childcare every Monday. I will not need childcare on Monday holidays (such as Memorial Day and Labor Day). I will pay you $30 a day until he turns 2 in March and then we could discuss dropping the rate since he is no longer an infant (I'd still pay at least $25 a day then). You must be over 18, have no criminal record, and be a loving person to care for our son. Please email right away since I need daycare this Monday coming up...I'd like to meet with you before Monday with my son to see if you would be a good fit for him.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/kid/929966214.html
_______________________________________________________
Special Thanks to cdhere25, MissDee and all of the Anonymous Contributors this week! Some of the Ads were very interesting! Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE.

TO READ THE REST OF THIS WEEKS SUBMISSIONS: PLEASE CLICK HERE!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you need your nanny to be able to breasfeed???

Anonymous said...

Well, have you ever heard of a "wet nurse"? I hear they are being used more and more now.

xfileluv said...

They are probably looking for a wet nurse, but they could also try looking for a milk bank.

I didn't realize that wet nurses were coming back into vogue. I can understand it, but I can also see that it will bring with it its own set of problems. It's difficult enough to be a nanny at times; I think that bringing in the physical bond that breastfeeding offers might make it even more difficult for Baby to understand the difference between Mommy and Nanny.

As an advocate for co-sleeping/the family bed, I appreciate the need for that, too. But again....the point of that is to help the FAMILY bond. Parents who work all day often utilize the family bed as a means of strengthening the family bond, which is defeated if you are hiring a stranger to be the one to co-sleep with your child.

I dunno....I think that parent/family has read what is good for a baby but seems to have no idea WHY they should breastfeed, co-sleep, etc. Very odd!

Anonymous said...

I am contemplating relocating to Chicago in June, so I chose the psychic ad and the first ad because they are truly WTFs? A psychic?! If they were truly psychic they could predict winning lottery numbers, however, I once had a psychic reading done and the psychic said danger surrounded me, and she was right. The first ad-"I don't care if you sit on the phone or computer all day as long as my kids are safe". How can children be safe when they are ignored? Chicago CL is beginning to scare me! *LOL*

Mary-I look forward to the WTF column every week!!

Anonymous said...

wow! I think this is one of the most outrageous cl wtfs I have ever read!!

I have heard about wet nurses but there is no way I would want someone else nursing my child. They can pass diseases along to children through the milk.

And the 15 yr old who just wants to sit on the computer, he could write to the first one and sit for them. These people are crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, are this weeks CL-WTF's a dilly! A wet nurse? A co-sleeping nanny?! I'm sorry, but why have a nanny sleep with your child? Isn't the purpose of co-sleeping to build a bond with your own child? Oh! And I love the one where you get to do YOUR OWN laundry as a perk! Hahahaha!! And the Korean one, you have to pay your own expenses when you travel with them?!! Now please tell me, have any nannies out there EVER had to pay their own way when traveling with their Boss Family?? That is just beyond cheap to me.

Anonymous said...

Miss Dee, don't be worried. Not all of us Chicagoans are crazy. I will say that Chicago Craigslist is insanely crazy. If you're looking for work, check out sittercity. They're a lot better.

Anonymous said...

chgonanny & missdee
I think Seattle tops that list for crazy! Look at the URLs, and some of the most insane ones come from there.
Must be something in the water! lol!

Anonymous said...

Only in New York can you hire another nanny to breast feed your baby!

Anonymous said...

ec- Amen to that! I'm from Seattle and some of the crazys that come out on Craigslist make me wonder!

Mary- these were doozies! I LOVE reading WTF!

All of these ads top the list of WTF! I, too, had no idea that a "wet nurse" was back in style. Why call it a nanny, though? Why not just sign your children over to the nanny and you could simply visit them on weekends? I also don't understand why the pay is DECREASING once you stop co-sleeping with the baby. It seems to me that the baby would be awake more and, if anything, the pay would INCREASE.

Also, I don't know any $8/ hour "nanny" who would be willing to pay their own expenses to travel with their employers. I know that we've taken our babysitter with us on vacations and we not only pay her, but we pay all her expenses as well.

Spmetimes I don't trust humanity.

Anonymous said...

I'm quite frightened by the 14 year old boy who thinks he can get some homework done or surf the web while he is supposed to be watching kids. It's scary because some idiot will probably hire him!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have been reading this site for a couple of months now and I must say that I throughly enjoy the Craigslist WTF the most. It is outrageous to think about how many crazy people are out there. I am a nanny and I occasionally will put up a post on craigslist. I put up a post advertising babysitting so I could pick up some extra hours for the holiday season. I recieved this email for a woman:
Hi I was hoping if you didn't have any plans if you could watch my 2 kids 2day. I know its short notice, of course I would want to set up a interview maybe over the phone and have u watch the kids sometime today. The ages are my son 15 months and my daughter 4 yrs old. I really don't have much money. I was hoping you wouldn't charge that much. The hours would be from 1100 till 700 please let me no if that works for you otherwise I can change the hours. Thanks Jennifer

I'm sorry but no responsible parent would trust a perfect stranger with their kids!! I am a responsible, loving, caring nanny but it makes me sick to think of all the bad things that could happen to these children.

Anonymous said...

Chicago Nanny:

I didn't think everyone is crazy in Chicago. *LOL* Did you find your current job through an agency? If so, which ones would you recommend and which ones would you stay away from? I spoke with an agency of which I can't remember the name and the woman I spoke with said that I would be more "marketable" in the Chicago nanny market if I babysit for only doctor's and lawyers children, or those individuals/families with high paying positions, since they are great judges of character. I don't remember this particular agency, and won't go through them, since I currently care for my 2.5 year charge on Fridays and his mother is a single mother going through a divorce. She happens to be a waitress. Since when did you have to be a certain profession to provide a good reference for someone?

I agree...These WTF's lived upto their name this week.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

I love how the ad in tarrytown states that it only 3 days a week or part time, hello they are 12 hour days! thats 36 hours a week, pretty close to fulltime and worth a lot more than $300/wk.

7:08 PM
RE-POST FOR ANONYMOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Miss Dee - I am a nanny in Chicago and I would look at the Northside Parents Network (npnparents.org) for nanny jobs. There is a membership fee (I think it's $40/yr) but it's a nice resource and when I was last interviewing, most of the families I liked best were from that site. Sittercity also tends to be pretty good, but most of the positions there are on the lower end of "going rate". I also looked into some of the local agencies and was not impressed. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is... I hope child protective services reads Craig's List these days. Some of these people should just sell their babies to the Gypsies and be done with it.

Anonymous said...

Miss Dee,
I found my current job on Sittercity, and yes, there are some lower paying jobs on there, but if you pick through them, you can find something decent. I got lucky with my family. I've noticed that most of the free nanny/babysitter sites have TONS of work in Chicago.

Besides that, just look in the Lincoln Park area. There's tons of decently well-off families looking for someone. I've sadly had to turn down some nice moms in the parks nearby because my schedule doesn't work with them. This city has lots of work for a nanny.

I haven't met any nannies that found their families through any nanny agencies, except my current family uses an agency on my vacation days.

Good luck on finding a job out here, and if you end up in Lincoln Park, I'll probably run into you in one of the many parks!

Anonymous said...

This whole craigslist section is a waste of space

Anonymous said...

You are a waste of space.. So piss off!

Anonymous said...

If you are a fan of the CL posts, then you are an idiot, why don't you go over to craigslist and read it, all that is needed here is a link, not a whole section to make up for a lack of real stories.
Get a life, idiot

Anonymous said...

The reason they do this is so we don't have to go read all of the stupid ass posts people leave at CL. The whole point of this is to take some of the worst and put them up here for people to read/enjoy/snicker at. You are such a pile of garbage, go find something better to do pus-nut.

Anonymous said...

'pile of garbage' pus-nut' is there no end to your idiocy?
If you choose to reply yet again, you really owe it to yourself to make some sense this time around