Thursday

Rye Brook, NY

Received Thursday, October 30, 2008.
Good Nanny Sighting I saw your nanny Super Nanny Discovered!!!!
I have seen your amazing nanny in and around Rye and Rye Brook approximately 3-4 times. Each and every time, your children's faces are lit up, your nanny is smiling and intensely connected to them. The first time I chanced upon her, I assumed she was the mother, but she corrected me. The children both have dark hair and olive complexions. There is a little girl and a little boy. Their ages are approximately 2 and 3. The nanny is statuesque in build, approximately six feet tall, sturdily built with blonde hair, and an attractive face. I don't know how long she has been with you, but each time I see her, I'll admit, I am overcome with envy. She is the nanny I dreamt of when I had my first child. Four nannies later and I haven't been as lucky as you. I hope you know what an awesome nanny you have. I wondered to myself how she would fit in with my children and imagined only for a brief second that I could poach her away from you. The thought quickly left me head as I recognized the love the three of them share. Their bond is real! I could never interfere with such a great match. As mentioned, the first time I chanced upon her, I assumed she was the mother of the children. She politely corrected me and told me how wonderful the children were, gushing over them, just gushing. This nanny is the antithesis of the bench sitting, cell phone yapping nannies we so often read about on this blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Hopefully this wonderful nanny sees your post, OP!

Anonymous said...

Thanks OP! I totally love the goos sightings ;p. Good luck finiding your own super nanny!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this.

Unknown said...

I love the good sightings!!!

TX Mommy said...

It is very nice to see a good sighting.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with everyone else, thanks so much for sharing! The good sightings always put a huge smile on my face!

Hope you find the perfect nanny OP!

Happy Halloween everyone...may the candy be plentiful for you all! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy about this post and how great it is that these kids have a great nanny. However, I have one question, is it always bad to sit on the bench if they kids are playing at the park with other kids and don't want you to play? After all, the kids are having fun and don't always need to be interacting with an adult, kid to kid interaction is great too, right?

opinions please! :)

Tara said...

i sit there and enjoy the kids having fun with each other making sure i still keep a eye on them. life's learning lessons