Saturday

CL - WTF?

craigs list wtf Saturday, October 18, 2008.
I need a sitter tonite in my home!!!! (East Austin)
My sitter canceled on me, I need someone ASAP. My son is 3.5, I am hosting an artshow and need someone here to be his diligent sidekick. you must have experience, be responsible and reliable. I will need you from 6pm -midnight. I can afford $40. please call me 552-****
we live near 51st and manor in east austin
Original URL: http://austin.craigslist.org/kid/875385848.html
___________________________________________________

Wanted: Childcare for 7 year old girl (Springfield)
Location of childcare: Within 30 min walking distance of Downtown Springfield
Pay: We are unable to pay over $3/hr at this time but will be willing to pay more in future as we receive more pay
Where: Would prefer in your home with references. If only can do it at our home must provide verifiable references.
About child- 7 year old girl attending Moffit elementary. Disabled but not extremely noticeable except for her not speaking. She is friendly, listens, great with other kids, and has been in childcare since 4 months old. Hrs of care will be Monday-Friday 3-6pm. Would like some occasional overnight weekend but not required. Hope to hear from you soon!
Original URL: http://eugene.craigslist.org/kid/876982115.html
____________________________________________________

NANNY/HOUSEKEEPER Needed!! (Cedar Lake, IN)
We are looking for a Nanny/ Housekepper to help our existing nanny in taking care of our 2 kids (5 years old and 1.5 years old). We need more cleaning than anything else. You may have to cook also. We will provide you breakfast and lunch, and gas to get here. We need you from 9am to 1pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. We pay $20 per day for the 4 hours. We pay biweekly. Please let us know if you are interested. You can call me to my cell phone : 219-310-****
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/kid/879521312.html
________________________________________________________

Wanted: Full-time, In-home child provider (Redford, MI)
Details:
• Hours: M-F 9a-5pm
• For one child who is an 8 week infant
• Pay: $125-$140/ week
• Home location: Redford, MI between Telegraph and Beech Daly off of I-96
Preferences:
• Background in child-care
• Non-smoker
Requirements:
• Reliable transportation
• Three personal references
Interested?:
• Contact Jacquelyn at: 313-613-****
Original URL: http://detroit.craigslist.org/kid/881762335.html
____________________________________________________

CHILDCARE NEEDED ASAP (Detroit)
I have two baby girls that I need childcare for from 7:30 am to 5pm. I start work Monday and have no one to watch them. They are 21 months old and 10 months old. Please email me with any additional questions you have.
Original URL: http://detroit.craigslist.org/kid/882641890.html
____________________________________________________

WANTED: SITTER/NANNY (Harwood Heights)
I am looking for a sitter/nanny for my baby. Since we are a young family, we are on a fixed income. We would give you the weekend off, and a winter, summer, and spring break. We are looking for only about 30 to 35 hours a week when you would be with the baby, but a lot of the time one of us would be there, either it is me getting off to work or my fiance sleeping. So if something seriously bad happened, God forbid, someone would hopefully be here. Of those hours, there would only be several hours a day when neither one of us is going to be here. I work 1st shift and my fiance works 3rd shift. So, there would be a few hours a day, about 3 to 4 hours per day, when neither one of us would not be home. My fiance would be home during the day, but needs to sleep when he comes home from work. He usually wakes up around 2 p.m. So, he will also be there once he wakes up to help with the baby, which he will propbably relieve you at 2 p.m. if he didn't have something planned to do or didn't have to run out to the store. We would like it if the sitter/nanny would also help out with laundry and light house cleaning, but the main priority would be caring for our baby. We would like the rates to be around $125 - $150/week take home. Please let me know if this would be something you are interested in. I look forward to hearing from you, please contact with any questions or concerns. Have a great day!
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/881760311.html
_________________________________________________________
Special Thanks to Anonymous Meebo Guest, Anonymous Reader and Clad for Contributing to this weeks CL-WTF? Keep those Ads coming! They will be Posted every Saturday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first one is WTF... why exactly? The kid will likely be asleep by, what, 8PM? $40 for two hours of actual sitting and four hours of doing nothing? Hell, I'll take the job!

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Seriously
I'm guessing it's because they want someone TONITE.

I don't understand how a Parent can be confident they've picked someone safe to care for their child when there's not much of a screening process involved.

Scary...

Anonymous said...

MPP:

Ahhh... excellent point.

Anonymous said...

Although I almost got the impression than the mom was hosting the art show and thus would be at the same location as the child just occupied which is why she was looking for a "sidekick" for the kid. But I could be reading it wrong.

Kaitlyn and Daniel said...

faith, I got that impression too. Still, though, I wouldn't be comfortable with it!

Anonymous said...

I live in Austin and I see these post on Craig's list all the time with someone willing to let a stranger they found on craig's list watch their children that night. I always post pleading with people not to leave their children with people they haven't done a background check on and it gets flagged no doubt by the irresponsible parents or the perverts who want to answer the ads.It's really sad how many people disregard the safety of their children so that they don't have to be inconvenienced.

Anonymous said...

TX MOMMY, I see the same kinds of ads posted on CL here where I live in Ca too. The last thing these people are thinking about is their childrens safety and well being. They are simply thinking of themselves.They must walk around with a paperbag over their heads all day if they don't see the danger in what they are doing!
Why not just walk out to the sidewalk and pick a stranger to watch them??

I too have been flagged for posting my plea with these people,though I am admittedly not as nice as you no doubt are.
I love the WTF ads..

Anonymous said...

My ex-father-in-law lives in a beautiful 3br condo, white carpet, the whole nine - but NO washer & dryer. I guess they assume that the people that can afford to live in a place like that just have their clothes sent out to the cleaners, or the housekeeper does it. (But his wife does it, lol)

Anonymous said...

Sorry. wrong thread!