Saturday

CL - WTF?

craigs list wtf Saturday, October 4, 2008.
Mother/Daughter Team Ready For Play! (Madison/Fitchburg)
do you live in fitchburg or work in down town madison? need a convenient person for scheduled or even casual babysitting for running errands or for early release days? are you a stay-home parent hesitant to work outside because babysitters are just too expensive? due to a paperwork glitch with my "maternity leave", i can't go back to my old job without a mountain of paperwork preceding me...but i don't want to work anyways, i just want to play with kids!
please consider us a candidate for drop in care, or babysitting in your home. i'd like to stay with my daughter just a little longer, and your childcare needs just might give me that excuse!
i'm out to help you, while you help me by lending me your kids to play with--so rates are as low as need be, and you will get more than what you pay for, we promise.
wont you let us rent your kids today? email for fone number or if you have any questions! if i do not get back to you, it is because it went to SPAM and i check that often!!
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/864000675.html

Click HERE to read all five submissions to this week's CL-WTF feature.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i'm out to help you, while you help me by lending me your kids to play with--so rates are as low as need be, and you will get more than what you pay for, we promise."

EEWWWWWWW! I shudder to think what the "more than you pay for" part might be. And if she just wants to play with kids....doesn't she have a newborn of her own? Too weird.

And, if a person were willing to answer an ad like this, wouldn't it be just as easy to ask strange men standing on the corner in trench coats to watch them in exchange for beer?

Kelsey said...

I really didn't see anything to make me go "Wtf" except for maybe some cheap pay, like the one with the woman offering $30 a week.
I thought the one from the nanny was in an odd way, sort of sweet. Wonder why she's leaving.

paperbagprincess said...

hee hee hee, 'rent your kids'. I think she was going for a folksy marketing hook that utterly missed the mark. Like mom said, ewww.

Anonymous said...

I think its all how you take this ad in. You can perceive it as creepy how she said "rent your kids" but I am wanting to think that she was trying to be funny.

atleast I hope so.

Anonymous said...

the newborn nanny one seemed very picky, but atleast the ppl know what they're looking for.

the franklin square one is for cheap pay...400 a month? jeez. but I think families sometimes think that if they're giving out a free place to live...then they don't have to pay as much. I think thats nonsense.

the one where the nanny wrote the ad...what is wrong with it? someone actually answer this, i really wanna know. lol

Anonymous said...

O.kay, I love Jason.. my take on the nanny ad? It reminded me a little of that mom from a few weeks ago (don't call my kids precious, or something).. it's just weird. Besides, if you haven't looked up her photo, maybe you should! VERY creepy, lol!
And just out of curiosity, wtf is up with all the people (former employers) on CL advertising FOR their nannies? Why can't the nanny write the ad herself? Does it actually make the nanny more appealing to have her former employer do it? I think it's tacky.