Tuesday

War of the Words! Nanny Owns Cheap Mom in Text War. A Nanny is a Luxury - Who Knew?

{ The nanny has given the mother a reasonable rate, the mother is arguing because she just cannot afford it ;(  }  This is from a text

NANNY : Pay for a live in nanny should not be less than live out. The hourly rate I am requiring is $545 per week. I have been a nanny in Ohio as well and have never been paid under $500 a  week here for part time. I apologize if my rates are not acceptable to you, not everybody can afford a nanny. Having a nanny isn't a right it's a luxury which is why most people do not have one. There is nothing wrong with that. That's why there are home day cares,day care centers and such. I apologize if you were underpaid when you were a nanny but I have never accepted less than what I am asking now and have been a full time nanny now for over half a decade with multiple families who have never had a problem with my price.

All the nannies I have talked to in this area have said my price is on the low side of average and all the families I have worked for have been financially stable enough to meet my requirements. I wish you the best in your search and hope you can find a wonderful nanny to work within your budget. have a great day.

THE MOTHER : Can I be honest with you

NANNY: I am not interested in speaking further speaking, we have different needs and that's ok, Good luck on your search

THE MOTHER : You are the rudest nanny I have ever spoken to.


NANNY: I apologize you feel that way, I am not trying to be rude. You asked my rate, I told you. You were not satisfied. I verified with a group of nannies that my rate is reasonable even though my lengthy previous experience told me so. You disagree and think I am charging too much. That's ok. You have the right to your opinion and I respect that.


THE MOTHER  And for the future. Telling me a nanny is a luxury is extremely insulting.

NANNY : I apologize you feel that way, my family could not afford a nanny and they made good money. It's ok not to be able to afford a nanny


THE MOTHER:  You are insulting and rude. i hope every one sees your true colors before hiring you

NANNY:  Asking someone into your home, give your children one on one attention, be responsible for the physical and emotional needs of your children, put your child 1st, clean after them and devote your time to your children only is not a service most people have0

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mother was wrong to badger you about your rates but you were rude to tell her having a nanny is a luxury she cannot afford. You should have kept the exchange to just a few sentences

Leigh Raymer said...

There seem to be 2 basic views about this issue - the 1st one is the convo should have been kept very short "I am not interested, thank you" And the other view is - why not teach the mother WHY her badgering and whining was not acceptable professionally so maybe she would think twice before doing it to another person. IMHO - both views have merits

Anonymous said...

This lady/nanny is high right? No where on EARTH is a low life nanny worth that much a week unless 7 home cooked breakfasts and dinners with her serving us, three languages taught to my child, everything spotless and the child kept on MY schedule not hers and one day off a month if she earns it is worth that much. She's a worker not a hooker. She found the wrong profession. Just because she earns it by blowing some dad's doesn't mean mom's will fall for it.

Kira said...

are you high???? I honestly hope you do not have children.

blogger said...

I want to appreciation to Dr.Agbazara of AGBAZARA TEMPLE for bringing back my husband who left me and the kids for almost 2 years. i never taught i would get him back untill i saw a comment online about dr.agbazara and i contacted him, after following all instruction given to me by Dr.Agbazara, my husband came back begging for forgiveness within the space of 48hours. Thanks doctor your spell is really great. For those of you who have marriage/relationship problem should contacct him for hel via (agbazara@gmail.com) OR WhatsApp/call ( +2348104102662 ). And experience it your self.