Thursday

Show me a little more money! I am working hard!!

My boss and I are talking raise, right now I work 4 days a week, 7-3 or 4pm. I get paid 415 per hour and I have been with them about 1 and 1/2 y. My daily chores are when the babies are asleep - kids laundry, prep kids meals, pull kids bathroom stuff, wash and put away dishes,keep diaper/wipes stocked, playroom clean ( not easy) taking kids to classes ( 2 times a week). I was thinking of asking for 17.50 per hour. At this time I am making $600 per week.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Please correct I get $600 a week.

Leigh Raymer said...

ok, I could be wrong but you are working 4 days a week, between 8 and 9 hours a day ;) , if you work four days at 36 ( 9) hours, 600 for the week that is 16.60 per hour. 32 hours ie 8 hours a day would garner almost 19 p/h. You may already be making pretty close to what you are asking for

Connie said...

By percentages, you are making 15/hour and want a $2.50 raise to 17.50 ... that's 16.5%. You are looking for almost $100/week more. I don't know what the going rate is in your community, and I don't know if your employer is properly witholding taxes and social security -- but I do know that a 16% increase is a very large increase without taking on extra responsibilities.

My suggestion would be to offer an additional service ... maybe one evening until 9 pm every week or something like that, maybe Saturday mornings, and negotiate $700/week for your current hours plus the extra time so the parents can have a date night or childfree errands. That's a win-win and often the way to get what you need.