Saturday

Nanny Kristen Reviews Zootopia. (Warning: R-rated Cartoon Description,j/k j/k )

I took my charges to see the movie "Zootopia". It was funny but yet again they managed to put something inappropriate in a kid's movie. The animals wear clothing throughout the movie but then there is a part where they have animals wearing no clothing because they are in a nudist colony. The animals with no clothing were doing yoga poses and stretches where their parts are. Granted you can't see the parts because they didn't actually make them on the animal but it is still obvious to a kid. If you watch the movie you will see what I mean. They could have left that part out. They put inappropriate stuff in kids movies more and more these days. They try to desensitize kids so that what is not ok becomes the norm and is not given a second thought. My family has very strong family values and we see through these garbage tactics - looking forward to my next nannies love kids treats.

From editor : We would love to hear some more movie reviews - things to be wary of and movies that hit the spot !

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us know! I know, it is sad what all they put in even kids movies as normal.

Unknown said...

The rating is PG for a reason...stands for, "Parental Guidance". ;)

OTNanny said...

I personally don't see anything wrong with this, and I don't believe that not seeing anything wrong with it means a lack of "family values". Sometimes the jokes in children's movies are more for the adults, and more often than not, will go over the childrens' heads - like this one. The writers are simply using anthropomorphism for a humorous effect and nothing more, in the absurdity that animals are even wearing clothing to begin with. Plus, I'm sure that somewhere in the world at some point, a child has asked why their household pet does not wear clothes like people do, which leads to a discussion about fur and skin and feathers, etc, and look, it's a teachable moment and not about...gasp...nudity! It's just a movie, folks.

Most of us here probably grew up with many cartoon characters who never wore pants (Donald Duck, Winnie the Pooh, Porky Pig, etc) and we all survive without trauma.

Anonymous said...

They are cartoon animals...nudity? Really?

Unknown said...

I don't think I could sit through these movies if there wasn't some adult humour

Unknown said...

I don't think I could sit through these movies if there wasn't some adult humour

Lala said...

Wow - I have heard about people freaking out over nothing, but this TAKES THE CAKE! I cannot believe you wrote up a post about this. There is nothing wrong with naked animals. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the naked animals that the OP was complaining about. It was the yoga poses and apparent sexual innuendo. I personally might not think it's a big deal because it will most likely go over the children's heads but I am grateful for the warning so that I'll know to screen it first. On a different matter, I would not consider it fully a kid's movie because it's rated PG so I would be on the lookout for some adult material. I think this would be more upsetting if it were rated G.

steward said...

it's really an amazing article,
babysitting jobs