Thursday

The Underexposed Child and The First Time Parents

U Funk
Ugh!! My nanny family are first time parents. C is 14 months. Lets go back a few months ago. I was suppose to meet mom at doctors for C's appt. I didn't where the place was so I asked mom for address- she was not sure. I got lost and half hour late (with phone dying and no charger). We mended with that situation. Jump to now- I spent Memorial Weekend gathering classes/ activities for summer and presented them yesterday. This morning- MB stated that I was allowed one day to take C out. Mind you-I work 55 hours a week. MB said it would save her parent anxiety. How can I convince parents- C needs more exposure to the outside world? Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have posted about this before. You need to first gain their trust. If I recall from your previous post, there was another incident along with the being lost one.

Anonymous said...

U can not, just play nice and start looking for a new position 55hrs a week it is a long time to play personal clown for the the kid and this mother is out of it.

this_nick said...

Mom needs a therapist to get a handle on her anxiety, not a nanny.

Anonymous said...

Please tell the other incident. I missed that one.

Anonymous said...

Maybe lay out a plan to ensure that mom always has a way to reach you- Work with her and DB to set the schedule of weekly outings, making sure that they know the approximate times for events and address for where you will be. Buy a charger that you keep with you in your bag at all times and a portable power bank. This is how I handled a similar situation. And give mom a quick text before you leave for the outing and before you head back home, making sure to update her once you arrive at your destination. She is spooked, which I understand as you had her child and could not be reached for a period of time. You probably won't always need to be so extreme in updating her about your whereabouts, but a quick update now and then until she is more comfortable is hardly a hard thing to do.