Wednesday

ISYN Link of the Day

Vivian Maier
Vivian Maier was a mystery even to those who knew her. A secretive nanny in the wealthy suburbs of Chicago, she died in 2009 and would have been forgotten. But John Maloof, an amateur historian, uncovered thousands of negatives at a storage locker auction and changed history. Now, Vivian Maier is hailed as one of the greatest 20th Century photographers along with Diane Arbus Robert Frank, Henri Cartier-Bresson and Weegee.
Finding Vivian Maier - Official Movie Trailer  

3 comments:

Busha said...

I was a nanny in Chicago in 2010 and had the amazing opportunity of seeing her exhibit. It was astonishing. Even her hats and cameras. My little nanny guy asked me driving last night who (that was dead...hahaha) I would like to have dinner with. I should have thought of her! If ever you get the chance to see her work be sure to do so!

Bethany said...

This is the first I'm learning of her. She seems to have been an interesting person and amazingly talented.

Tessa said...

Fascinating!