Friday

cl-wtf-1-1-2
1) FT nanny in exchange for room and board - (D.C.) Our family is looking for a live-in Nanny (female only!) with room and board provided in exchange for full-time care of a ten month old boy, cooking and light housekeeping. Hours will essentially be Mon-Fri 7am to 7:30pm, your weekends will be free. You will have your own room with private bath, Wifi and satellite amenities, as well as use of the laundry room, family room, backyard (with small pool) and kitchen. You do not even need a bed as we can provide that for you! You will live and eat rent free in exchange for all of the above. This is an ideal opportunity for the right woman. We do not have any ethnicity preference but you will be VERY carefully screened and interviewed. Your own form of transportation would be nice but is not essential. You must NOT smoke, do drugs, or drink alcohol (yes, a glass of wine or beer is ok but NOT when working!) NO overnight guests will be allowed. You MUST be willing to submit to background check, drug screen, pass a physical, and NOT be overweight. We are in need of a woman to essentially become a trusted part of our family. I will be conducting interviews this week. Please call 702-265-****. If I do not answer it is because I'm working so please leave a message with your contact information and I will get back to you.
________________________________________________________________
Submitted by Anonymous. Thank you!

2) Looking for Nanny in Our Home - (VA) Hello, my name is Melissa and we are looking for a full time nanny for our children. Ages are eight, six, five, four, two, and twin 2 month olds. Our eight year old, six year old and five year old are in school so they will rarely be home with you. Our four year old is in a preschool program which is about ten minutes from our house and will need to be dropped off Tues thru Friday at 915 and picked up at 315. They are very well mannered children and on a strict daily schedule. If you are just looking for a "job", please do not bother contacting me. If you genuinely have a love for children and are interested in becoming a part of our family, please call me anytime between the hours of 9am and 9pm daily. The pay will be $40 per day. God bless and have a wonderful weekend!
________________________________________________________________
Submitted by Erica. Thank you!

3) We need a FT nanny with a pulse! - (N.C.) Care needed for 3 children: 8yo, 5yo, and 3mo old. Must be very energetic as these kids will keep you hopping all day! Duties to include •Playing •Feeding •Changing diapers •Bathing baby •Putting baby down for nap •Cleaning up kid-related messes •Family laundry and ironing •Family cooking (veg and non-veg) •Waiting on table during all family meals •Household work will include dusting, vacuuming and dishes. Requirements for this job are as follows •Recent experience with infants under 6 months •English speaking is necessary; other languages are a plus •CPR certified (or willing to get certified) •TB tested negative and willing to provide medical record of health •Must provide at least 3 references •Willing to have a background check and fingerprints •Punctual, organized, and personable •Legal resident with valid ID. Pay will be $300 a wk to start, one weekend off per month, wage will increase over time depending on the service.
________________________________________________________________
Submitted by Anonymous. Thank you!

4) In need of a nanny ASAP - (Las Vegas) Hi, I'm looking for a nanny to start on Monday. My last nanny up and quit on me without notice and if I don't find a replacement this weekend I will lose my job. The hours will be between 8:00am to 4:00pm. I have two kids, a boy and a girl, 4 and 2. Your welcome to eat anything you like while in my home. I can pay $25 a day. If interested, please e-mail me. Thanks! :)
________________________________________________________________
Submitted by Anonymous. Thank you!

5) You Can't Be Serious!! (Re: In need of a nanny asap) - (LV) I am a respectable, honest, hard-working child care provider who's been working at this job for over 5 years. I make a living off of taking care of your kids. I pay my bills and expenses based off of the rates that my families and I work out. Just like you, I have rent, electricity, a phone bill, a water bill, etc to pay for. So please, explain to me how I'm supposed to support and care for myself and my family with a job that only wants to pay me $25 a day? Let's do some math. I see these "ill pay u $25/day" ads all the time, and most of the time these people expect the child care provider to be able to work 12 hours a day, almost every day, while being "sensitive" to their financial situation. That equals out to 48 cents an hour. Tell me, can YOU live off of 48 cents an hour? Now let's say you really do need some child care, and you really can't pay more than $25 a day. I can be sensitive to that, if you didn't take up my whole damn day with your kids! I could manage $25 a day only working for you for a few hours, but 12 hours? Seriously? Even 8 hours is too much of the day to be able to find good-paying work around the hours you ask me to work. And all those people out there, either agreeing to be paid $25 a day, or asking for something that low, are probably not to be trusted. You hear all those horror stories of junkies or robbers posing as babysitters to steal from you (or worse, steal your kids). Well, I can garuntee no respectable child care provider will go for a pay so low. Now let's talk about these cheapskates who want to hire live-in nannies with room and board, but no pay. Would you like to buy her feminine products for her as well? Or pay her share of the bill when she goes to out to eat with her friends on her off hours? How about paying for the clothes she'll probably need after your kids get something staining all over her old ones? Let's be honest, you won't, and if you did, that would be directly comparable to pimping out a prostitute ("Go and do all this work, and I'll buy you what you need, but only if you ask and only if I like what you need to buy). Yeah, total prostitution. Someone posted a few days ago about how a live-in nanny with no pay is slavery. Well, it is. You may think I'm blowing it out of proportion, but the reality is that women are trafficked into household slavery every day by assholes who think that it's okay to pay her with a room to stay in while she busts her ass caring for your family day and night. If you don't want to do the household work, then you better be willing to PAY someone well enough to do it for you. A room and bathroom doesn't cut it. So here's the point: If you can't afford to take care of your kids, don't have any god damn kids. Understand? It is in no way acceptable to treat others like this, nor is it okay to have others willing to be treated like this taking care of your children.
________________________________________________________________
Submitted by Anonymous. Thank you!

15 comments:

♥ Amy Darling ♥ said...

To the Las Vegas family whose nanny just up and left them, I totally am not surprised and neither should they be. Hello??! $25/day?? I would leave your sorry ass too!!

I am very leery of families who confide in me that their previous nanny just left with no notice whatsoever.
I consider this a huge red flag and do not accept these jobs.

If a nanny was being paid well, treated with respect by both parents and children, then why would she just up and leave suddenly unless she was ill or had a family emergency???????

caring mom all day said...

People are crazy!!! Kids are worth more than these ads portray.

Melanie Raye said...

#3...whhaaaattt??? one weekend off a MONTH??? that's RIDICULOUS.

caring mom all day said...

Dusting, vacuuming, family laundry and dishes? I thought I was reading a nanny ad. Those are not nanny duties. If the parents can't afford a house keeper then those are their responsibilites, never the nannies. Did someone miss the memo?

Waiting on the table during all family meals, LOL! Who waits on a table? A butler does. Not a nanny and not a house keeper either. I can already tell that this family thinks they're getting a servant not just a nanny. The nanny is supposed to be there for the kids. The parents are on their own as far as I'm concerned.


I wouldn't expect my nanny to do any of those chores. When would they be taking care of the kids? It only makes sense if she is making $30 an hour. This family wants to pay 1/4 of a nannys expected salary but also get them to be a house keeper and a butler. That is a lot of work. All for $4 an hour if the nanny works 28 days per month and has 10 hour days. But I doubt this crazy family has any intentions of setting a schedule. The pay is less than what minimum wage was in 1993. On a 1993 salary how would the nanny cover her expenses with 2012 prices? I hope if someone takes this job they are nuts and drive the family crazy. That's what they deserve.

Lyn said...

HAHA! I normally don't like the "respond to the crazy people's ads" letters. But this one totally made me laugh!

Fuzzy Math said...

The math is wrong in that last letter. $25 a day for 12 hours does not equal 48 cents an hour. Paying someone 48 cents an hour would result in $5.76 for the 12 hour day. It actually equals $2.08 an hour.

Which still is totally unacceptable. I always wonder if there actually are people who take these kinds of jobs.

slb3334 said...

LOL. I see something I posted on craigslist a couple of weeks ago about slavery was put in the last one. Wish I had written this one as whoever did did a good job.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RBTC said...

lyn - i sure as HECK am not going to comment on this one as there is some sexual content - and we know how far south THAT can go
EBN might want to forego this one as well, but that is her choice

Village said...

#3 has been watching too much Downton Abbey.

Lyn said...

HAHAHA! Village, I love Downton Abby and your comment just made me laugh SO loud! Love!

ExcitedForThisWeekendMissDee said...

1. Not only do they want a slave for free, but they have stringent requirements, which are harsher than nails on a chalkboard. And the nanny cannot be overweight? Hmmmm. There is one thing to be hwp for an active child, yet there is one thing to be hwp as a qualification for a job. Anyone else think this family wants more than a nanny?

2. $40 per day for seven children? I earn more than that for babysitting four hours. This woman needs birth control and a reality check.

3. So while the older kids are in school, they want someone to care for the baby and clean the house? Who will care for the baby while the house is being cleaned, and who will clean the house while the baby is being cared for? And she wants a waitress too? What about a curtsy to the entire family, a uniform and the ring of the bell when she needs her table serviced? A coke and smile.

4. If I got $3.13 per hour, I would quit too, but I would put my notice in, only because I am a nice person.

5. *standing oviation*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ExcitedForThisWeekendMissDee said...

Caring Mom: I was gettting a mental visual of Alice's uniform along with a bell being rung when she was wanted at the table.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.