Saturday

CL-WTF... kind of...

cl wtd 444

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/kid/2223962235.html
Overpaid Under Qualified Sitters

I have paid sitters $10 an hour for them to not want to change a diaper and be talking on the phone. I also had a sitter allow my son to paint my carpet and remove everything from his closet. Dont get me wrong there are qualified educated nannys out there but just because you kept your children alive or are out of work doesnt make you worth more than mimmum wage. Post what you bring to the table and dont assume that you deserve the same rate as someone who has dedicated there life to this. Also this is not highschool this is not a forum this is a place to post offering care or requesting it. Lets leave it to that. Now to the person who decided to curse in a place they look for emplyment certainly shows your true colors. If someone is looking for a position watching children a couple hours a week please contact me with your qualifications.

-----
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/kid/2259174045.html
Nanny in exchange for..

Hello nanny here. Will babysit your children in exchange for airline tickets of about a grand. Ipod Classic, flat screen tv. room and board. let me know

-----
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/kid/2260592804.html
Babysitter wanted for an infant (310)

Hello all

We are looking for a fun loving babysitter for our wonderful little boy. We are looking for someone who has experience with infants and a clean background record. We can offer $150/week for 3 days out of the week. (10 to 630-7) we live in santa monica. I would offer more pay but i don't make that much at my job and thats all i can afford right now.Our baby is very easy going and sleeps most of the day. I will guide you through everything that will need to be done while you babysit.

We might need occasional babysitting on the weekend and will pay extra for that.

If you think that this is something you have been looking for then email me with a little information about yourself.

-----
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/kid/2259991559.html
PT Nanny needed (Kennesaw)

I have a wonderful nanny for my 18 month old and 3 month old, but she has decided to go part time to take care of her own 4 children and help them with their schoolwork. I need someone who can come 2 days a week to our house and watch them from 9-5 on the days that she cannot. The 2 days are fliexible if you need to work it around your college class schedule. We are conveniently located near KSU. Will pay $90 cash each week. Candidate should meet ALL of the following:
* have previous childcare experience and CPR and first aid trained and certified
* have your own reliable transportation and excellent driving record
* willing to let us perform a background check
* can provide childcare and work related references
Please respond to this ad and put Nanny in the subject line of the email.
Thank you!

-----
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/kid/2260120668.html
ISO: Indian nanny (Decatur/ Emory/ Atlanta)

Family with 2 children (ages 5 and 2) seeking Hindi or Telugu or both- speaking woman for live-in or live-out help. Monday - Friday (7:00 am - 2:00 pm) Light house keeping and cooking required. Must love children.

-----
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/2224691444.html
Seeking female nanny for family vacation (FL)

This is not a paid salary position, but is all expenses paid for flights, housing, activities and meals, etc. Family of 5 is vacationing in Orlando from April 1 to April 8 and staying in a 4000 square ft 6 bedroom luxury home just outside of Disney. We are looking for a young woman to accompany us and help out occasionally during our stay in return for full accomodations including flights and staying with us in a private luxury pool home. If interested, please respond asap .

-----
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/2224786167.html

RE:Seeking female nanny for family vacation (FL) (Fl)
Thats really rude. The person is working for you. I don't care if you are staying in a mansion. It will still be a job and a job is a job. That you need to pay her for!!

-----
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/2224914227.html
RE: Seeking female nanny for family vacation (FL) (LALA Land)
Are you kidding me? there are just so many people that love to work for free because, let me guess, your such awesome people we should pay YOU to be in your presence. IDIOT. why dont you just put the ad in Florida so you arent paying for expenses? IF YOU CAN AFFORD A MANSION, you can afford care. Are you paying for a friend to come down? or will you leave me hostage down there with no car or means of transportaion in the few hours you have off? WHO do you think you are? Why do you think you are entitled to such? Your not paying for someones activities, your paying for the additional activity because someone has to be with your child. Your not paying for someones expenses. Do you have five kids or 5 with the adults? will you allow me to stay on the couch?

You should put up another ad.
We are such entitled people. Looking for a full time nanny for the week, please pay your own expenses, flight etc etc., or you could advertise it under FREE SCHOOLING. Learn how to handle yourselves for free around jerks. Its great experience for living in the real world

-----
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/kid/2258691114.html
Looking to babysit..please read (grand prarie)

Hello i am a homeschooled and i am looking to do some babysiting i used to baby sit my sisters three kids ages 3 4 and newborn...i watched them for a year and i really enjoyed it i did that for her until we moved and now i am looking to do that again..i am comfortable watching infants...my mom supervised for the first week or so and then i was doing that by myself...But now tat we moved here we dont know any one with kids for me to watch...my mom will be at my house because she doesnt work...She would prefer for me to watch the kids there .....and also my older sister who is 17 (i am 15 about to turn 16 in a few months)and homeschooled will be ther..so as you see i will have someone ther since my age could be a issue for some...I will be doing the babysitting in my house the kids are welcome to bring toys and stuff like that..umm we do have to small dogs but they are outside 90%Of the day usually with my mom and sister!Umm i can do weekend babysitting i am free all the time so please let me know i am very mature and i dont have a set pay and i can start as soon as possiable...It is more than a job to me i really love kids and please cosider me....you can text me at 972-513-7343 or ou can e mail me! thank you for takeing the time to read this....Also the home is a smoke free home...

-----
First post:
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/kid/2222900172.html
Need babysitter today (s. charlotte/pineville)

we have 3 kids, 2, 2, and 3, and we need a sitter from 3:30-6:30 today
I can wait until 2:30 ish to put them down for their nap so that they will be asleep when you get here.
they are not potty trained
you will not have to feed them, just play with them and make sure they are safe.
you would be watching them in our home located right next to the carolina place mall
I already have someone that can watch them, but she wants to charge $10 an hour which is ridiculous in my opinion. babysitting isn't hard and it doesn't require any special skills. There is no reason why it should be paid more than minimum wage.
the most I will pay for this is $20 and I think that is very reasonable.

since there isn't a lot of time, I will leave my phone number, call me if you are interested
757-556-5645 - Patrick

-----
Follow up posts:
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/kid/2223797083.html
Hey Patrick- your in idiot

Heres your original post and my 2 cents for free- since your a cheap ass.

You claim taking care of your 3 children isnt worth $10 an hour? Are you serious? And to boot they arent even potty trained? Which lets not get into, because 3 is a little old. You expect someone to drop everything, run over to your house for a maximum of $20 to care for 3 unpotty trained kids... they arent even worth $10 an hour to you- so why should anyone else care enough once you arent around? Which, since your cutting cost and corners, why not get a dog to come over and provide care for them? I mean, like you said, anyone can do it. Hope your cheapness doesnt hurt one of those kids. Some people dont deserve to be parents and I feel sorry for your kids.
Signed....
Someone that wouldnt watch 3 kids that arent potty trained for less than $14 an hour.

-----
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/kid/2223937002.html
Re Patrick: Get a Life People

I have watched these kids and know that its not wrong for him to look for cost effective babysitter. It is not a difficult task to play with 3 kids and change a diaper. When I worked at a daycare I was only paid $8 an hour at a high end daycare. That less than they are paying after taxes and that was watching 8 children who were potty trained.The fact that people are posting in a childcare section about a parent is ridiculous. If the job isnt for you dont respond but there are lots of people on here who could use a couple of dollars and its none of your business the choices others make. The fact that you looking for employment and speaking about people this way doesnt speak highly of you.

-----
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/kid/2226083993.html
Patrick-let's play nice (S. Clt)

I have a couple suggestions for you to find a sitter you can afford-I believe that is your goal. Contact your church or neighboring ones and S. Meck HS. Both of them may have a listing of teenagers willing to sit for less. Less experience=less $$. Another idea is just a babysitter swap which you did mention. Maybe you could set it up as a regular thing. Hopefully these suggestions will get you several sitters to call instead of having to post here.
Insulting us and saying we are not worth it will get you nowhere. Yes you enjoy playing with your children; you should they are yours. Saying "if we have nothing better to do", well we do. I babysit as a profession and I charge the going rate. I have families I have sat with for years and now I have the siblings and the friends, etc. I love children, but this is not a charity for me and my clients understand that. They also know that I will gladly go the extra mile for them when needed. If the going rate for pizza delivery is $14. per hr, would you chose the employer who only wants to pay $7. because he doesn't think you're worth it? I doubt it.

-----
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/kid/2223988630.html
Patrick (S. Clt-Pineville)

OK, having been there I have to offer my 2 cents worth. Kids were sick and I wasn't told until I was there, kids were dirty, he wanted to have me there to get the oldest off the bus and the child had never seen me before nor I him. I will say the two I watched were well behaved, but no I would not go back. He did not know me from Adam and didn't really seem to care. I was just very uncomfortable with the situation.


OK, having been there I have to offer my 2 cents worth. Kids were sick and I wasn't told until I was there, kids were dirty, he wanted to have me there to get the oldest off the bus and the child had never seen me before nor I him. I will say the two I watched were well behaved, but no I would not go back. He did not know me from Adam and didn't really seem to care. I was just very uncomfortable with the situation.
(end Patrick CL ads)

-----
http://houston.craigslist.org/kid/2249509990.html
needing a live in nanny (houston tx)
single parent needing a live in nanny (female) where room and board will be your salary but also will pay 50 dollars a week. needing a trustworth, caring, gentle and experienced live in nanny to watch an infant, a toddler and an after schooler. must be easy to get along with and non abusive. non smoker and must treat my infant son (especially) with total love and care. I work from 9-5pm, mon-fri and would like a person who wouldn't mind watching them until i get off work. Being a live in nanny doesn't mean the kids will be left to you all alone everyday. I am their mother and of course i will be helping out. Live in nanny can have a life but just not on my schedule.

if interested please email me with further questions and contact number

----------
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/kid/2260542187.html

Natural-minded family is seeking childcare primarily for our daughter (7 mos) and occasionally for our son (5 years). The baby needs to get to know someone before being comfortable, so we'd need her to see someone several days a week for a while and then might go to just one or two days.

Mom is a SAHM and just needs help to get to appointments and to make time for volunteer responsibilities and a small amount of freelance work (and to stay on top of things in the home!)

We'd love to find a student or someone who is willing to spend time in the house just studying/reading (with short times playing with the baby until she gets comfortable) for a lower pay rate before we leave the baby with her.
Or we could pay full babysitter rate if the person is willing to help around the house with light housework and otherwise act as a mother's helper. Or if the person can drive our son to preschool.
We would also consider offering room & board in exchange for childcare if the fit is right.

Seeking someone comfortable and familiar with babywearing, cloth diapering, healthful food (we are a gluten-free home and the baby is exclusively breastfed), positive/compassionate parenting, time in nature, no electronics/media, no perfume. Our family is pursuing Waldorf education, so familiarity with that is a plus. Also a plus would be if you speak Spanish or French and if you have an interest in gardening.

An alternate possibility would be to have the baby with another like-minded SAHM (maybe in a few months) or a nanny share with a like-minded family. The baby would enjoy the company and might be happier away from mom if she is in another place with another child.

We are on the border of Alexandria and Arlington near 395 and King St.

Please only serious inquiries. Please share your experience, interests, availability, location/transportation, and rate considerations.

------
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/dmg/2256950406.html
I need someone reliable in trust worthy to pick my kids up from school n day care n care for them until I get home from work. In house or at your house which ever is better for you. I'm a struggling young mother of 3.
(the pay is $90 per week for all three children)

-----
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/2258383544.html
HELLO MY NAME IS RENEE. I LIVE IN HENDERSON BUT I WORK OFF SAHARA AND JONES. I AM LOOKING FOR A FEMALE CHILD CARE PROVIDER MON-FRI EVERY WEEK. I HAVE TO CHILDREN AGES 5 AND 4. THEY ARE VERY WELL BEHAVED AND PRETTY MUCH DO THIER OWN THING. I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO COME TO MY HOME TO WATCH THEM....OR I CAN TAKE THEM TO YOU IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO 215 AND JONES OR ALL THE WAY UP JONES TO SAHARA..(THIS IS MY COMMUTE PATH). IF YOU COME TO MY HOME ALL I NEED IS FOR SOMEONE TO HELP THEM WITH BREAKFAST AND LUNCH AND TAKE THEM OUTSIDE TO RIDE THERE SCOOTERS/BIKES. THEY BRUSH THIER OWN TEETH AND THEY ARE POTTY TRAINED. IF YOU COME TO MY HOME YOU ARE MORE THEN WELCOME TO USE THE GYM, POOL AND SPA. WHAT I CAN AFFORD IS 130 DOLLARS A WEEK. I AM RECENTLY SEPERATED AND I AM NOT GETTING ANY FINANCIAL HELP FROM THIER FATHER AT THIS TIME. SO 130 IS ALL I CAN AFFORD PER WEEK.

IF I WERE TO BRING THEM TO YOUR HOME OR DAYCARE I CAN PROVIDE LUNCHES AND SNACKS FOR THEM TO KEEP THE COST DOWN.

I AM LOOKING FOR A CHILDCARE PROVIDER THAT IS ON MY ROUTE TO WORK!!!!

I TAKE EASTERN TO 215 AND 215 TO JONES AND THEN TAKE JONES ALL THE WAY UP TO SAHARA...SO IF YOU ARE IN THAT ROUTE AND ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CALL ME AT 702-479-8811. PLEASE NO EMAILS PHONE CALLS ONLY!!!!

-----
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/2240930014.html
A reliable nanny is needed for work immediately!

-----
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/dmg/2240331008.html
seeking a babysitter to watch my 8 month baby and to take my 7yr old to school and pick up (he eats breakfast at school at 8:30 and he gets out at 3:26). I work from 7am to 3:30pm. I leave the house at 6am and I come back about 4:15 depending on traffic. I can afford 150 a week. Interviewing this weekend. I get paid weekly at my job for now, soon we are switching to biweekly.

-----
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/dmg/2257769100.html
Looking for part time live in Nanny for my two little daughters. Need someone 15-20 hours a week to look after my children with light housekeeping in exchange for Room and Board. The house is very clean and is located on a Golf Course at Seville Country Club at Higley and Chandler Heights. This position is great for students, a few nights during the week from 5-9, and one weekend day. This is not a paying position, so please don't contact me with hourly questions. Please respond to add to set up interview.

-----
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/dmg/2251804688.html
I am starting a new job. I am a single Mom. I have a 9 year old son. I will be working from 10am to 6:30pm. My child gets out of school at 3pm. I am seeking a experienced Nanny to pick him up directly at 3pm from his school and bring him home to my house which is one mile from his school at Power & Warner. You would need to stay with him, and make him dinner. You would watch him until I arrived home at 7pm. You must have a valid drivers license and insurance and a clean driving record. No exceptions. No boyfriends, kids or similar can be involved in this process. It must just be you and my child. I have a very nice home, and you will like it here. There are places to walk and parks and things to do. I am offering either free room and board for this or 25.00 per day. You would not be keeping him on Thursdays as he is with his father, and every other Friday you would only have him until 6pm when his father picks him up. I prefer someone who is younger, like kids, has experience watching them, likes to play games, and is active. He is almost ten years old so he doesn't require a ton of supervision. He is pretty self directed. Must have three viable references. Please call Penny @ 480-242-2975. Thank you. ;)

-----
just creepy:
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/kid/2235082194.html
Private adoption- the ultimate gift! (Owings Mills)

Single, warm, compassionate, loving, very involved dad looking to add to family-
49 year old single dad to a 4-year old blonde/blue son.
Looking for a family that finds themselves in need of adopting out
their baby girl, & wants to ensure she'll be in a warm, loving, nurturing environment.
Prefer newborn to 4 years old, light hair, light eyes.
Initial contact between us here, to establish the proper communication.
Subsequent conversations to smooth out the details & ensure a smooth transition
shall be with an attorney specializing in adoption.
If you are reading this & know of someone contemplating an alternative for their daughter/granddaughter/niece/cousin,
please send this to them! Help them turn a difficult & potentially heartbreaking situation into a beautiful, unselfish act for their little girl,
to a home where she'll have a loving father who is very involved with every aspect of his son's life,
& desires a little sister for his son/ daughter for himself, to complete his family.
Please respond to this ad with your phone # & contact information.
Thank you!

-----
http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/kid/2259888754.html
9 months old twins for adoption.boy and girl
have you been wanting to adopt a twin to no avail..then this is an opportunity you should not miss. We have these babies that we are giving up for adoption. there are 9 months old; very cute and healthy. please just get back to us for details information,if really interested in adopting this babies.

-----
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/kid/2258702087.html

LOVELY AND HEALTHY BABY BOY FOR ADOPTION
i WILL LIKE A VERY CARING PERSON TO ADOPT MY BABY BOY, I KNOW THIS IS THE BEST I CAN DO FOR HIM
-----
Special thank you to the readers who put this together; Emily, Bethany, Hilary, 'German Nanny', Carmen and Elisabeth.

7 comments:

Unbelievable! said...

It should be illegal for people to put babies up for adoption on Craig's List!

former nanny new mommy said...

I wonder if it is illegal. Anyone know??? I have to say, the "private" adoption ads REALLY freaked me out!! How bizarre. All I can think is that these people (I won't even call them parents in this case) are more interested in money than the welfare of their children. (If a person is truly giving their child up for the benefit of said child they would go through LEGITIMATE legal means of doing so). Oh, and don't even get me started on "creepy daddy" looking for a baby girl (who absolutely must a certain age, and have a certain hair color and eyes) . . . that just sends up all sorts of red flags. Really good WTF this week, I've never even seen adoption ads up on CL and here there were three! WOW.

singledad said...

As a single dad I am very happy to have what some would perceive to be a “small family”. three children, two dogs, one cat, and yes the pets are part of our family. It’s not the size of the family that counts but the family inside that counts. Have a great day....

Anonymous said...

I have an idea.

All these posters who want house and childcare for free, I'll do you one better. Come clean my house for free, and I'll watch the kids. You can't beat that.

Seriously, does anyone get a paying job off Craigslist? Get thee to an agency.

Unbelievable! said...

What freaks me out about the adoption ads is concern that an
ex-spouse might be trying to get back at his ex or that the children might have been abducted. Let's be real, there will be the expectation for an exchange of money. These ads should be reported to the authorities by Craig's List because I'm not convinced that it's legal.

bathshebagraham-peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bathshebagraham-peterson said...

My husband and I are Christian couple looking to adopt a boy or girl. bathshebagraham@yahoo.com