Saturday

CL - WTF (# 5 in a Series)

Received Saturday, August 16, 2008.

M-F 8am-6pm Care for 2 boys in my Home $300 a wk. (Bayridge, Brooklyn)
Greetings, I am looking for someone to care for my boys at the aforementioned days and, times in my home. I want someone with experience and, you must fill out an 1099 form for the IRS. You must have ID of some form. You have to keep my house clean from the boys mess's. I dont want to come home to to a trash bin. Everyone that works for me is temporary I will never hire someone with a gurantee. This is because of my past experience with women who did nothing as I said then had the nerve to ask why I didnt give them another weeks schedule. I don't fire you! I just never have you back : ). Reply if interested with pertinent info about yourself. Thanks JuJu

Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/kid/797082444.html
________________________________________________________

NEED SITTER (10466)
I NEED A SITTER FOR TWO KIDS... DAYS - MONDAY,TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY FROM 5PM TO 10PM. *******PLEASE LIVE IN THE BRONX NEAR MY ZIPCODE(10466), THE CLOSER THE BETTER*********** ********************DROP OFF AT YOUR HOME*********** SEND YOUR NUMBER AND YOUR ADDRESS.

Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/796479900.html
________________________________________________________

Need Saturday morning Babysitter (3-4 hrs.) (Willowbrook)
I am looking for a nice lady to take care of my son (3 and half years old) on Saturday morning only, about 3 hours $15. I live in Willowbrook area, near the high school.

Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/kid/794598785.html
________________________________________________________

Full Time Sitter Needed (Staten Island)
Hello, I am searching for a full time sitter for my 6 month old and two year old, from 9 am to 4pm. My two oldest will get home an hour before you will be leaving.Your salary would be $200.per week. I dont mind you watching the big screen while the kids nap or using the telephone if needed and feel free to make enough lunch for your self.I'm more concerned with finding a good person,who will watch my children well, some one i wont have to prosecute in a court of law. If this does not seem like the home for you please dont bother. Respectfuly Mrs Negron. thnxs.

Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/kid/791233891.html
_______________________________________________________

Night time Sitter Needed (Near Mall)
Hi, I'm looking for a responsible, experienced sitter to help care for my child for a few hours tonight. I would love if I can have the night off to relax. I'm looking for someone that has great references, preferbably has worked with a family recently and is a non smoker. pet friendly + My child is very well behaved and will most likely be alseep. Your job is simple > to keep my child safe while I'm away- I'm looking for someone for tonight but if all goes well it can turn into a real position. Again only respond if your trust worthy, reliable and responsible. If interested please contact me with more info about yourslf. Thank you.

Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/kid/790192997.html
________________________________________________________

(Special Thanks to the many posters that sent these particular Ads in several times)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

No job stablity in the first ad. She sounds scary to work for! The next one, don't people know that using all caps is like shouting? It's like she's yelling, "I'm an idiot!" And she doesn't ask for references or nothing.
Omg, the willowbrook one, Haha! $15? For 3 hrs. of work? It would cost that much in gas just to come to her house!!....LMFAO!
Some of these people, you wonder why they were allowed to have kids!
The last one looks like she's ok with just hiring somebody right off the street, right now! Crazy!!
These are great finds!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Yeah, I'll send you my address crazy lady bc you're yelling at me to do it!
We always have crazy low salary ads on our craigslist (Rochester, NY) and I'm just like...and you wonder why you are only able to hire that 90 year old??

Anonymous said...

What was up with the "we don't want someone we will have to prosecute in a court of law?"

I'm glad you found other ones, I was beginning to feel like it was just Seattle that was having these posts.

The first one doesn't fire you, she just never invites you back. Yeah, I can see the difference. And $200 a week for full-time care. That's less than $1/ hour. Idiots.

I can't believe people like this are allowed to breed. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

fisherman's wife,

How is 200 dollars for a full week less than 1 dollar an hour?

Anonymous said...

Wow! It constantly amazes me that people neve learned to write eloquently or with a buisness-like perspective for that matter-- I mean, sometimes I have typos, but for something buisness related?? Heck no! Use proper grammer, english, and manners! Geez :). And if they already don't trust sitters... NO GOOD! Why hire them?

Anyhow, just a thought :)

Anonymous said...

i was trying to figure out the gripe with the bronx ad... all caps i guess? and THAT causes the ad to end up on ISYN? @@. stupid. maybe the person just isn't internet savy. big deal.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Lindalou
Most of the Ads received for CL-WTF # 5 were sent in several times by different posters.

The ALL CAPS ad (10466) won their spot because Location seemed more important than asking for references or any other pertinent information. The caps were secondary.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaryPoppin'Pills said...

No pay ...
Could you please give me the URL for that Ad (and your moniker if you would like the credit for it) -
That is a really super one!
Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait just a second!
If they are expecting the nanny to watch the 2.5 year old "during work hours, some weekend and evening hours", meaning the nanny probably could not get another job outside of this one, where do they expect her to get the money to pay for that "$200-400 a month rent"??? It would wind up costing her money to work there! Wow. Someone needs to set all these CL posters straight and tell them they need to get realistic.

chick said...

Dear potential nanny, we are excited to welcome you into our home, and we are E$SPECIALLY delighted to hear that you work nights. The caveat that you will be unavailable due to long shifts Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at work is fine with us.

We are also thrilled to hear that you have a constant stream of energy, because we were a little concerned about you working nights and then staying awake during the day.

Two quick questions please. We got a call from a man named George about installing a "practice pole" in your appartment, and we have so far been unable to contact your references, John, Bob, and Tom. We'll clear all that up once you've moved in.

Again, welcome to the family. We hope we'll be able to come and see one of your "performance art pieces" soon, although we didn't have much luck locating the theater. Is the correct name Pink Pony, or did we misunderstand?

we would be willing to shave a little extra off the rent if you would consider offering our toddler and her friends dance lessons. The neighborhood moms would LOVE that!

xfileluv said...

I would LOVE to know of anyone ever contacts these kinds of ppl and ask, "Are you on CRACK? I'm going to pay YOU to live be a live-in nanny to your kids????"

Ah, to be a fly on some of these walls.....

Anonymous said...

bad at math-- OMG! I can't believe I typed that! I claim a lack of sleep and a husband halfway through a fishing trip... ugh, now I'm embarrassed. (I have a teaching certificate in math...)

Anyways, it's better than $1/ hour, but not much, roughly $5.70, by my calcuations. :)

Anonymous said...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/kid/799958896.html

"Caregiver needed on call for Mentally Challenged son (Orange)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-799958896@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-08-16, 6:27PM PDT



Would like to find someone whom can watch our 18 year old awesome sports loving teengage son time to time and on call basis. There will be times we may want to go to away for the weekend etc... The pay is $10.00 per hour. He is a great kid and a happy guy and like I said is happiest parked in front of Tv watching his sports... Very socialble though.

Person would be responisble for cooking his dinner, showering assistance and dressing and assisting with his hygiene.... If interested in please email me
Must have a valid drivers license and social security card. And references.

Deanandtammy@sbcglobal.net"

More like mentally challenged MOTHER! $10 an hour to be on call all the time with no designated hours. Who would do this?

Anonymous said...

You have to get a license in order to drive, cut hair, even to fish. How is it that some of these people are allowed to reproduce? Great post, chick!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry about typo. MB

Anonymous said...

Just one more thing, if that mom would ocnsider doing it then why isn't she a stay at home, Mom?

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

MB
I will assume you are the poster of the 1st CL Ad, and then the follow-up?
I am pulling both comments for the next CL-WTF Feature.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

O.K. but now the comments on the ad don't make sense since you moved the ad.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Sorry, MB. I was just trying to feature your Ad and figured everyone would know that it went onto the front of the Blog.

coxie said...

hi i responded on the CL - WTF (# 5 in a Series)add as soonest i saw it few days ago .. here is respond

If you dont like it then don't do it. Also $10 - $12 for what? Some
secretarys at law firms start at that. Stupid and trying to get a cash cow
for mindless babysitting. Get a life! LOSER

By the way those little home health aides get minimum wage $7.15 - $8 and
they clean adult ass. Try that!!!

UmassSlytherin said...

coxie,

your moniker sounds like a swear-word.

Just saying.