Friday

Children's Museum of Manhattan in NY

Received Friday, March 21, 2008
nanny sighting logoWhere: Children's Museum of Manhattan
When: 3/20-Thursday mid day
Who: Puerto Rican nanny and her two year old Caucasian Charge.
What: In a museum full of things to do with the children, this nanny parked her child in a pretend bus that sits in one of the corridors so she could stand beside it and talk on her cell phone. Every time I passed by the area, that poor child just sat there so her nanny could be talking on the cell phone. I am most definitely sure by the nanny's tone that this was neither the child's mother nor an emergency call. This little girl just looked sad.
Description of the child: Red Cardigan, print leggings, page boy styled hair cut, medium brown, about 2, maybe 3 y.o.
Desciption of the nanny: Puerto Rican, thick curly brown hair, attractive, thin, lots of make-up, tight fitting denim jeans and skin tight shirt.
Sad Fact: This parent was probably overjoyed at the fact that her daughter was having such a fun outing with her nanny. And she probably won't be able to communicate that she was for all intents and purposes, just parked in one spot the whole time. I think this child deserves better!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats sad. I always wonder about infants, and toddlers with a nanny. Not all kids talk at two. So they can't tell parents what they did for the day. Kinda of sad if you ask me. I am not bashing nannies. I know theres alot of good nannies out there. But this one that the O.P. reported on doesn't sound very caring.

Get off your phone and let the kids explore. And not just nannies, moms too.

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine paying money for someone to do this to your child. It's terrible. I wish more parents had a clue about "standard" care from today's "nannies."

Anonymous said...

That's just sad. :( All those fun things that child could have been doing....

Anonymous said...

if I was this child's mom and found this out, I'd be sad and mad. Sad that my child was being treated this way and mad... that I was paying for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a nanny and get so sick of seeing other nannies in charge of toddlers and younger kids with their cell phones glued to their ears ...my charges are older kids, therefore not at the age where they need constant supervision, yet I still don't think it's appropriate to be constantly gossipping on my cell-phone when I'm with them.

Anonymous said...

That bus is prime bench nanny real estate. SO frustrating.

Anonymous said...

i read these and i just had to comment on this one... it makes me mad when these kids are neglected so much! i mean you could even tell it in her sad face... breaks my heart :(