Tuesday

Subway Sandwiches on 2nd Ave between 73/74

Received Tuesday, February 6, 2008
If you sent your nanny or your nanny went on her own to buy a Universal Remote from a Radio Shack (bag noted), I witnessed her behavior yesterday, (2/5) afternoon and was somewhat concerned for the child. The nanny had I think picked the child up from school. (Child: boy, 5-6, white, short brown hair with faux mohawk, blue jeans, brown jacket with elbow patches.) The nanny took the remote out of the bag and was pointing it at the child who was quite quizzical and saying, "mute, mute" while he was trying to ask questions. The nanny was accompanied by a male counterpart. (Male: AA, 5'10" 25-30, wearing long bronze jacket, baggy black jeans hanging low with an intricate design on the pocket). This male counterpart made some comments like, "mute is right, I'd be happy if he was a perma-mute". The boy was clueless and kept saying, "what are you saying, why are you saying that?". I think he was trying to play along. The male counterpart said, "how about we fast forward to the part where you get run over by the garbage truck". The boy kind of said, "nooooo". The little boy's attitude the whole time was as if he were trying to be tough but couldn't figure out why they were being mean to him. I didn't find your nanny's male friend to be funny, but she sure did. And at your little boy's expense. (Nanny: tall, AA, short hair. Straightened hair, cut looked somewhat like Posh's but more even. She was wearing oxfords with no socks-which stood out in NYC, skinny jeans and a puffy grey jacket.) Please don't suggest this remote was a joke and the child was in on it. Outside of the mean comments said to him, he was completely ignored by the twosome. Children get mocked in the schoolyard by their peers, responsible adults have no excuse for this behavior!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done the 'remote control' joke on my Hubby before, and it was quite amusing. But I'm not too sure a kid would think it was so cute. He sounds alot like my son ... who talks incessantly and likes to play '20 questions' every day on the way home from school.
But I think it makes my son who he is, and that is s.m.a.r.t.
I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid and getting ignored.

Not a very nice Nanny, and definately not one who knows how to handle such an energetic child.

Anonymous said...

It would be one thing for the nanny to be doing it. But who is this man with them? Who?

Anonymous said...

boyfriend or husband??

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the parents know that the male companion is accompanying the nanny. That would be a big concern if they don't.

Anonymous said...

Um ... 8:59
"it's one thing for the nanny to be doing it?"

Do you have ANY idea just how stupid that sounds?

It's not o.k. -- for ANYbody to be doing it. Get it?

Kate K. said...

Oh my, my, my. It makes me so sad to think that a child is treated this way so some idiots can have their kicks. How immature.....I hope this lame nanny gets canned. She's definitely not a good example and neither is her "friend".

Anonymous said...

At what point do you grab the remote and start thwacking the man on the head with it? Oh and laughing, because hey, that's funny too!

Anonymous said...

This boyfriend or whatever he may be seems to be quite the jerk. The nanny should have called him on his inappropriate attempts to be funny, but like many women, she might be so desperate for a man that she is afraid to say what's on her mind for fear of losing him. Or then again, she might just be as bad as he is.

Anonymous said...

Who gives a CRAP? the little kid obviously didn't care so you shouldn't either

Anonymous said...

Oh, so the little boy didn't care? And, how do you know this, 1:41? You seem awfully touchy about this sighting. Wonder why, have my suspicions, but don't actually care.

Anonymous said...

fg
It's a trap. Don't fall for it.
Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

Anonymous said...

fg if you dont care then why did you make a post about it?

Anonymous said...

I don't care why 141 was so oddly touchy about this sighting, but disagree with the comment that the little boy didn't care about his treatment, which was my point.

Anonymous said...

fg
back away from the psycho!!