Monday

Sarasota Square Mall in Sarasota, Fl

Received Monday, November 26, 2007
If your nanny takes care of one baby boy who is twixt 8 months and 14 months, I think you should investigate your nanny's activities at the mall. I saw the nanny behaving suspiciously at Charlotte Russe, but didn't think much of it. My gut told me she was shoplifting. But, it would be normal for a mom or nanny to go in and out of the stroller and diaper bag. I saw the nanny again at Macy's and she was definitely maneuvering something underneath the child. She looked to be putting clothing directly under the child.
I was not able to recognize the brand of the stroller, but it was three shades of blue with a metal frame. I saw the logo and I remember that I thought of Arabic writing and a bird. The stroller had an oversized hood that would protect the child from the sun, rain and other people. Does this help? The boy was in a dark blue jacket and was white with a pretty small amount of hair for a kid his size. The nanny was white with dark hair she wore with the front in an uptail. She was wearing a man's style coat, heavy looking with wool on the collar. I can't say for certain what she was doing, but I know that she caught me studying her at Macy's and she looked 7 shades of guilty. She then left the area and possibly the store. If I was more certain, you bet I would have called security. But I have heard of this before moms and nannies who use the kids and strollers to steal all kinds of gifts and loot, especially at Christmas time. And you know when someone is watching for security guards, your baby isn't her #1 priority. Not too mention-just think of what happens when she gets caught with your baby. And she gets arrested. Your kid is going to end up traumatized.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah. Because we kNOW that nobody ever tucks a new diaper or blanket in under a baby and never EVER needs to adjust a baby's clothing from getting all bunched up under them. And of course, this must have been a nanny because at Macy's it would just be considered way too gauche for a parent to actually be seen caring for their OWN child?

Seriously, get a new hobby and quit stalking other people's babbies.

Anonymous said...

LOL, make that babies.

Anonymous said...

It's totally reasonable to suspect that she'd shoplift. I read the crime page in my local paper in San Leandro, Calif., and just last week a woman was arrested for shoplifting with her baby stroller.

Anonymous said...

I worked in retail and one of the number one things they train you to look out for is women with strollers shoplifting. Apparently it's very common. I don't see how you know this was a nanny and not a mom, though.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing. They both were the same race so why wouldn't it be the mother?

Anonymous said...

tree, with inter-racial marriages (between whites and asians, blacks, and latin americans) and with the large number of trans-racial adoptions... what makes you people assume that any trans-racial pairings between adult and child aren't parents?

Anonymous said...

11:44
mmm, good question. I've always thought that the dummies who went on every post asking, "How do you know it wasn't the mommy", were total beanheads.
If you witness a disturbing exchange between an adult and child, occasionally you will see signs that point to it being the nanny ... just by the interaction alone sometimes. I would never judge by skin color ... it's just not a guarantee nowadays.

Anonymous said...

Ever hear about false positives?
Many nannies get mistaken for mothers, but usually because they are doting, loving, taking such super care of the children that people pick up on a maternal bond.

The person who is strangely distant and abusive, yeah it could be a mom but look closer. YOu don't have to be a brain surgeon to tell.

And if you are fingered as an abusive nanny and are really a mom, just slit your throat now. Obviously you have no maternal instinct at all.

Anonymous said...

12:11
We could have done without the 'slit your throat' comment, but you made an excellent point.

Anonymous said...

I'm not getting into this mom/nanny debate.

Cali Mom:

I'd just like to say that while I get your point, I respectfully disagree (to an extent) with your comment. I think it is very easy, in most cases, to tell if someone is acting suspiciously. Even when doing seemingly normal things. The OP may be on to something here.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Most people are 'shifty-eyed', perhaps sweat, and get fidgety. I think that it is only human nature to be nervous when you know you are doing something blatantly wrong.

Anonymous said...

Bummer, It does sound like she was shop lifting, how crappy is that, and to use the babies stoller to covit clothing, that is just 10 ways of wrong!

I read some where a while back (I forget where now) but it was a reallly interesting Psychological artical regarding shop lifting and its addictive natures. Sounds like this lady needs some help!

Anonymous said...

Who are you people. I feel bad for you. I accidently stubbled onto this page and just can't leave without suggesting that you take a deep breath, count backwords and then reconsider your attitudes.

Anonymous said...

Well then, 1:30 -
May I suggest on your way out you pick up a Websters Dictionary and learn how to spell?
You poor soul, how do you get around in life?

stubbled = stumbled
backwords = backwards (or in YOUR case, 'backwoods')

Anonymous said...

Omg listen to all you bitchy on for gods sake get off the nannies case adn stop stalking them if you think nannies are so bad do what your supposed to be doing and bring up your own child yourself instead of hiring someone to do it for you!

Anonymous said...

The first and most recent commentors are obviously failed nannies. We stalk them because there are those like you who totally suck and yes, absolutely could be criminals. And of course I would never consider hiring a nanny as I might get ones like the failures on these comments.