Wednesday

Outside Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts in Brooklyn, NY

Received Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This took place outside Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts, 1st Place and Court Street, Brooklyn at around 4:30 PM-ish today,(7/25).
I am not sure if it's a bad nanny or mommy sighting. I was going to get a cup of coffee and noticed an orange MBUD with two kids in it parked outside of the store. I waited around for 5 minutes with them, not talking to the kids as to not scare them, while their caretaker was getting them ice cream. The caretaker (white, 40s-ish, I seem to remember a striped shirt or skirt, hair on top of her head) came out and I asked her if she was with these kids, she said yes. I said, "You really shouldn't leave them alone on a busy street" and she said "I know, thank you. I could see them the whole time." Regardless of whether or not she could see them (and would be able to see me, a stranger, hanging around them, it's just not a good idea to leave your kids outside a store just because your stroller is hard to get in. The kids were about 4 (boy) and 2 (girl). The boy had long-ish light brown hair and orange Naturino (I know because my child has them!) sneaker/sandals. The little girl had shoulder length curly hair, bangs and
was carrying a small white lamb and a baby doll with a plastic head and a pink and white striped shirt. She also had an Avent sippy cup with pink and yellow, if I recall.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

picture? do you think her boss or her husband would appreciate her abandoning her children like that? If it is a mother, no wonder some of these nannies are so careless with the children. Look at the assbackwards examples some of you mothers are setting. I am shocked because since moving to Brooklyn four years ago, I have met super mothers- one after the other.

Anonymous said...

I'm the OP and no picture. My cell is is from the 20th century! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

At least she was polite when asked about the kids. She said thank you, instead of "mind your business."

Anonymous said...

If she left them out on the street and saw a strange woman standing by them for 5 mintues, why did she not come out sooner? This is happening more and more and it's a tragedy waiting to happen.

Anonymous said...

OP here again, that was part of my point. She wasn't keeping her eyes out for them. Otherwise she would have seen me 'lurking'. I understand she was getting the kids ice cream and all but that shouldn't excuse neglecting them.

And 11:40, I'm glad I didn't MYOB. Wouldn't you be if this were your caretaker leaving your kids unattended?

Anonymous said...

I am very glad that people are NOT minding their own business and getting involved when it comes to the safety and well-being of children. Ever since I've known of this blog, I've been paying a lot more attention to nannies and other caregivers with children. So far, I'm glad to say that I haven't seen anything worth reporting here.

Anonymous said...

at times there is way too much "minding one's own business" here in America, as in when someone is getting pummeled or stabbed to death while people standby doing nothing and at times, Americans are way too interested in worthless piece of shit celebrities who are tainting our great nation and leading us down the path of destruction

Anonymous said...

Awesome that you confronted her OP!Maybe someone should start a I Saw Your Mommy blog!

Anonymous said...

I detest cowardice, and that's basically what keeps many people from doing the right thing.

Anonymous said...

3:34 - As stated in another post ... report bad mommies here, too! At the very least, it may keep them on their toes and make them more mindful of their kids. At most, maybe CPS could step in, if it is blatant physical abuse.

Great description, OP. This Nanny needs a good kick in the shin by the Parents.

Anonymous said...

I witnessed the same thing about a year and a half ago when I was pregnant and very sensitive to anything out of whack with kids in the neighborhood. I flipped out when I saw two kids in a stroller outside of Staubitz meat market, one was a very young toddler, and his older sibling- they both had a BLANKET DRAPED OVER THEIR HEADS... and when I went in to ask who was responsible for them, a very seemingly normal (too normal looking for what she had done!) woman came out, looked under the blanket as the little boy kicked and cried, covered them back up, then went back inside to buy her stupid hotdogs! I couldn't believe this person would let her kids sit out there like that with any of the potential threats that are out there... could this be the same person... very possible. She was tall and thin with brown hair I believe.

Anonymous said...

Oh. That could have been blanket Jackson.

Or not.

I am so glad this site exists. Ever since I found out about it, I have been paying closer attention. My cellphone takes great pictures, so you'll know when a wayward nanny crosses my path!

Anonymous said...

A mother would NEVER do that. That is disgusting behavior. It's Brooklyn for crying out loud. I would've called the police.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane Doe said...

All caps comments are deleted...

As fast as we find them.
:)