Monday

Exploritorium in San Francisco, CA.

Received Monday, June 25, 2007
I saw your nanny and son Thurs. June 21st at the Exploritorium in San Francisco, CA. Your son had blond hair, was no more than 2 yrs old if that, and was wearing a blue Spiderman sweater. Your nanny had short blond hair (between her chin and shoulders) and looked to be in her late 20's-early 30's, of avg height and weight.

I was at one of the exhibits and the boy wandered up to where I was. I assumed parents were near. The child knocked the sign off the exhibit, looked scared of getting in trouble and ran off. Concerned I followed him, he continued wandering from exhibit to exhibit alone. Finally a woman came from the opposite side of the science center, seemed to scold him, sent him to a particular exhibit and left him alone once again. I literally stood there with my mouth open. She was in a completely different area hanging out with another nanny or mom and their child, totally neglecting yours. All I could think of was how easily someone could have scooped him up and walked out with him. Never once did I see her anywhere near your child in this huge and extremely crowded place.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you alert someone from the staff? So many kids visit there, they have a lost and found kids section. Maybe she was close, but it would have been a wakeup call to her, or the person she was with, had her name been called over the intercom to come find the child.

I really hope the parent of this child sees this, and I really hope that lady wasn't the mom. San Francisco can be a scary place, there are so many people! No child should be wandering alone anywhere in the city!!! (Or anywhere like that, for that matter!)

Anonymous said...

I usually accept that people have good judgement about calling a nanny a nanny and a mother a mother, but I would have to agree with the peopel who call out "how do you know it wasn't the mom" in this case.

Leaving a child - whether your own or someone elses unattended in a place like this is negligent, and I hope that if it was the nanny that she is found out for the lazy individual she is, and if it's the mom - shame on you for treating your precious package as a nuisance instead of someone that you could explore such a wonderful place with.

Anonymous said...

I know this was already said, but I always wonder, when people make posts like this, why they didn't do anything...call security, tell the caregiver to keep the child near or something? I would never (and have never) just let something like this go on when a child is in potential danger.

Anonymous said...

*gasp* You saw a child with BLOND hair in San Francisco?? Did you take a picture??

couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

I'd have gone to a staff member and informed them that a very young child was seemingly on his own, perhaps lost? Perhaps embarresing the neglectful child minder would have taught her a lesson.

Anonymous said...

I say 3:54 just gave the perfect solution to the problem. And if anyone sees it happening in the future, tactfully inform security.

Anonymous said...

I think you're all paranoid and the kid was totally fine.