Monday

Target in Houston, Texas

Received Monday, April 23, 2007
This occurred at the Target at North Freeway(45) and Cypresswood. Your nanny was standing in the check out line ahead of me. Your 3-4 year old girl told the nanny she had to go potty. The nanny responded in disgust and told the girl to hold on. The little girl was holding herself with both hands and sort of dancing around. She really had to go! She told the nanny again she needed to go potty. The nanny responded with even more disgust, "Fine, come on!". She then turned around and asked me to watch your 1 year old son, who was sitting in the shopping basket chewing on the package of a mascara tube. I took it from him when the nanny stepped away, and gave him one of my daughter's toy links. She returned 5 minutes later. The little girl was crying hysterically. I'm not sure what happened in the restroom, but the nanny was very angry and the little girl very upset. She repeated over and over again to the girl "Shut-up!". She paid for her items and left the store. I left my things at the checkout counter to follow them. The little girl was walking about 5 feet behind her, and this continued until they reached the car. I watched for cars backing out so your daughter didn't get hit. By chance my car was right next to the nanny's. I watched the nanny while I pretended to take a long time putting my daughter in her car seat. The nanny loaded the bags into the trunk and then put the little boy in his car seat. She did NOT buckle him in! Just sat him in the car seat. The little girl got in on her own. She sat in her seat and buckled the chest clip, but could not manage the buckle between her legs. When the little girl asked the nanny for help, the nanny said "You'll be okay, you don't need to be buckled in!". Then she pulled out, of-course without her own seat belt on. I would have followed the nanny to see where you lived to notify you, but I had to pick my daughter up from school in 20 minutes.

The nanny was wearing blue jeans and a white tank top. The little girl was wearing a pink tank top and blue jean capris with pink sandals. Your son was wearing blue jean overalls with a green shirt underneath and brown sandals.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you go back and pay for your things?

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering how you knew it was the nanny.

Anonymous said...

What kind of car was it? Did you get the license plate? With this information you may be able to contact your MVA and get the name/address of the car's owner (it may have been the parents' car). You should have called the police and given them the information about the car and tags. Telling them that there are children not properly buckled is enough for the police to track down the driver and fine her - at least it is here in Baltimore.

Anonymous said...

1:44,
DO YOU EVER MISS A POST?

blek!

Anonymous said...

If ever there was a good reason for this blog, this post proves it. Hopefully someone will double post it on urbanbaby and get it passed through the parenting boards so someone might pick it up and forward it to the right parent

Anonymous said...

why urban baby? isn't there someone better? urban baby bans people for saying shut up. only so the people have to go in and reregister with a different email address. then they sell targeted advertising to advertisers based on ALL of their registered users. Which is really 1/45th of the total number of email addresses. Or less. And is Urban Baby really about Target shoppers in Houston? I think not.

Anonymous said...

I rarely comment, but I think this was a clear case in which the police should've been called. That having been said, OP did more than most would've so I commend him/her for that. I hope the parents see this.

Anonymous said...

good job, op, but really -- with all that other detail, you couldn't get the most key info -- the make/color of the car, and the license plate?

Anonymous said...

Please race info on nanny and kids. Also, what kind of car?

Anonymous said...

OMG this is so scary! It's rare there are posts on here I take seriously since so many seem to be anti-nanny, but this is one that DEFINETELY should be on here! Poor kids!

Anonymous said...

OP - its a good thing you were there and posted here. Hopefully, the parents will see this sometime real soon and get rid of that nanny/babysitter.

Anonymous said...

perhaps you should have written the plate number and called the police....hello

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is THE place to post to get attention to these bargain basement childcare providers.

Anonymous said...

After a few fraudulent posts on here, I am officially jaded and doubt the worst posts on here. This is one. Why no license plate number? So coincidental that the nanny's car was right next to the OP's. Regardless, it's probably real which makes me feel awful for these kids. Way to make having to go potty a traumatic event, Nanny! I wish that this nanny would cry hysterically every time she had to pee, for the rest of her life. Talk about natural consequences.
Has Governor Corzine's accident taught nothing? WEAR SEABELTS! I hope he got a slew of tickets the moment he woke up.

Anonymous said...

werent the last 2 posts revealed because of the unwanted attention focused on the nanny/families? I think some people are aok with subpar help.

Anonymous said...

OP, if you ever see someone drive off without restraining children in carseats, CALL THE POLICE WITH THE CAR MAKE AND LISCENSE PLATE NUMBER! If that nanny was in an accident, and those children died, the parents would be devastated. They probably have no idea their nanny sucks this bad! With seatbelt laws, you should know better, and put yourself in that scenario. Would you want someone to phone in if you had a nanny and she didn't restrain your child? I sure would!!!

Anonymous said...

BTW a policewoman friend told me once that if you ever need to write down a license plate number and you are driving, write it in big letters in the dust of the dashboard with your finger. If you are outside the car, write it on the car in the dust. Use your imagination, anything to get the number down before you forget.

Anonymous said...

but didn't I just read on this very blog a few days ago that seat belt laws are widely ignored when kids ride in taxis? Has anyone called the police about that?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I need to play the Superhero again and put my two cents in...*LOL*

OK, so did anyone think that the OP was so disgusted or upset she didn't the plate/model/color of the car? I would have called immediately on my cell, and given them a general direction of where they were going. The OP did say she had to pick her child up from school, perhaps that's why she didn't get the plate number. And yes, what if the children had died? The nanny could've gotten arrested and faced vehicular manslaughter, or whatever it's called. And to think someone was dumb enough to hire this girl....

There, my work is done!

Anonymous said...

643, if I had to, I would pick up my child a bit late to report an incedent like this to the police. It only takes a few seconds to get a plate number and make a call.

Or, better yet, the OP should have called out to the nanny when she heard her tell the little girl she didn't need to be belted in. A quick, "I'll call the police if you don't belt that child in" should do the trick. But, I am an outspoken southern woman. Hell hath no fury like a woman in heels, as my friends and I say. :)

Anonymous said...

but with all these concern, I saw indifference with regard to the post in which several posters mentioned that car seats are not used in Taxis? Isn't that equally dangerous? Taxi drivers are not known for being the most cautious drivers in society, especially in NY.