Tuesday

9:42 AM Train From Stamford, CT heading towards Grand Central

Received Tuesday, March 6, 2007
9:42 Metro North Train From Stamford, CT heading towards Grand Central
I can't presume to know where they got off as I did not get on this train. What I can tell you is that shortly before the train arrived, I saw a woman dragging a boy of about 3 by his coat sleeve. The child repeatedly said "stop, stop, you're hurting me". A man of about 50 stopped the woman and child and asked what was going on, fearing that the woman was possibly abducting the child. The woman smiled, wiped her brow and said, "we're late and he doesn't feel like cooperating". This seemed to make sense to the man as it did to me. I would guess by the difference in ethnicity's and the way the woman spoke to the child that she was in fact a caregiver, but she had no patience. Past the man, they were closer to me now standing and waiting for the train to come when the woman said to the boy, "you know if you would have made us miss that train, 'I would bust your ass'. The boy then started whining saying "no, i don't want you to bust my ass" to which she said, "Shut up, just shut up". I don't really care if this was a nanny, mother or aunt- this is a contemptible way to treat a child who by the way should have had a hat and gloves on. He was obviously freezing. Maybe if he wasn't so cold, he could have moved faster?
Boy wore a jacket that was khaki green and had white stitching across the front and on the sleeves. Boy had very short, military style haircut that was brown/blond. The nanny was wearing a silver/grey coat with a collar and belt that came to mid thigh. She was medium height and weight and wore a grey and black knit cap over her hair, ponytail of "braids" sticking out below that and she had sunglasses on that had 'tortoise shell frames".

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

why were they going to the city?

Anonymous said...

How would the OP know, and what does it matter?

Anonymous said...

it doesn't matter, jmt...
what matters is that this trashy (yes, I said "trashy" as in "I'll bust your ass") piece of excrement is very cold and contemptible in her treatment of the young child. She's also setting a very low class example for him to imitate with her threats of "busting his ass". Where do parents find these people? Wherever they're coming from, they need to go back.

Anonymous said...

What stop was this? I'd like to over and "bust her ass"! How DARE she say that to a child! Ugh, I shudder to think what she says to the child in private...

Anonymous said...

i think the op says they were getting on in stanford, ct.

Valaurwen said...

THAT is disgusting and horrific!!! I can only imagine what if that were my child! Parents need to check their nannies' backgrounds1 You can't just trust anyone with your child!

Anonymous said...

what i don't understand is that i'm a nanny-who's-searching and i can't seem to find a family anywhere who won't hire someone who's got less than 2yrs experience...i can't get the experience w/o a fair chance! and then i read all these stories about nannies mistreating children and who frankly don't give a damn about them...they just want the money. i'm flat broke right now but i've been searching my heart out for an honest family b'cuz i have a genuine passion and love for wanting to be a positive influence and a great role model for children...i don't have a great deal of experience but i have some plus i've got excellent refs...CAN ANYONE HELP????!!!!??? these stories are killin' me! i'm heartbroken...if ya'll hear of anyone searching in CT or Westchester Cty, NY please LET ME KNOW!!!: smurfy10181@aim.com These stories are real sad...no matter if they're pretentious or reality.

Anonymous said...

That is bad the way she was treating that child. I too leave my child in the care of a nanny and I really don't know what goes on when I am not there. But you know what is really horrific is that parents won't allow someone to speak to the child in that manner but they do. Oh such double standards!!

Anonymous said...

Thats a really hateful way to that poor child.As a mother of a 3 year old myself I am horrified.I'm also a former nanny and I wouldn't dream of treating any child that way,it makes me sick.

Anonymous said...

but where were they going?

Anonymous said...

Lynette, if you have some experience, and refs. then you should register with a couple of agencies. The legitimate ones don't charge the nanny, so you have nothing to lose by trying them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynette,
I remember another poster who suggested volunteering as a way to get experience for a resume. It can be part-time, leaving you time to work on finding a job, or time for another volunteer spot - get as much on your resume as possible. Also, make sure you find a Red Cross or American Heart Association class on Infant and Child CPR and Heimlich maneuver. A must if you want to have what it takes to be hired by a family who cares. I am certified and saved my father's life at dinner one night. In the same year a work friend's 2 year old grandson died from choking on a piece of apple, no one knew CPR. It was horrible. It takes half an hour to learn, so get that class.
Good luck in your search and don't settle!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that the parents of this child threaten to "bust his ass". I know I never used that particular phrase to my children and I'm not rich and never had a nanny. However, that kind of low-class talk is repulsive to me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another burnt out nanny who should find another job. I've been a nanny for over 10 years and I have never said anything like to a child, maybe I have wanted to but I have held my tongue because I'm a professional.Whenever I feel like I have no patience with the kids I'm watching I plan a day off so I can refresh, come back to work and give the kids the kind of care they deserve. Nannies get burned out and it's sad that they continue to abuse children rather than take a vacation day or find other work.

Anonymous said...

THIS LADY IS HORRIBLE.. SHE SHOULD BE ARRESTED OR SOMETHING.. JERK... SOMEBODY SHOULD "BUST HER ASS" FOR TREATING THAT CHILD LIKE THAT.. STUPID WOMAN!!!