Tuesday

Via Marina Park in Oxnard, CA

Received Tuesday, January 16, 2007
For your information, your babysitter was at the park today (1/15). She was with another sitter. They each had one child with them. Your babysitter had a little girl between 2 and 3. The friend's child was a bit older. Your child has dark brown hair, big blue eyes and wore red pants, black shoes and a white shirt with a red heart on the middle of it that said "sweet". The nanny was approximately 5'5", 130 lbs, medium/long brown hair, brown eyes and either Caucasian or Hispanic. Her friend had darker, straight hair and was definitely Hispanic. The two little girls played together for a bit but did not appear to know each other. Your sitter had retrieved your several envelopes of your trip photos from Long's Drugs and was sorting through them with her friend- the other sitter. Chasing my two year old around, I heard plenty of their not so nice commentary. While they mocked you and your "tangerine tankini", your little girl began to wander away slowly. She started chatting up a male who I think was a city employee. I was near them so I had my eye on her. Only after 2 minutes of conversation with this stranger did your nanny look up and see your child. She did then come over and retrieve her, but she didn't use a name that I heard. My point in posting this= 2 minutes is all it takes.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

a lesson to parents everwhere, do not send your sitters on bogus errands! Pick up your own photos!

Anonymous said...

I so agree.

Anonymous said...

who gets actual photos anymore??! In any case, I never thought about having the nanny mock you with her friends. That is beyond embaressing. Targerine sounds kind of cute!

Anonymous said...

who gets photos anymore? anyone who wants their photos to exist in 50 years! You are kidding right? Digital is great, but never perm!

Anonymous said...

5:10 Are you kidding? No one I know depends solely on digital pics. One big crash of the hardrive and POOF! I'm sure your wedding album is a hologram or something. Good luck with that. And I hope you can remember what your kids looked like when they were little after the next lightning storm power surge. Try opening your narrow little mind. Not everyone lives and breathes by the latest Sharper Image catalog. You are ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

anyone knows that digital pictures, even processed in a professional lab have the shortest shelf life. Then goes color film. And finally, black and white. Which keeps the longest. So if you want your great grandchildren to see what your daughter looked like as a baby, take more than digital pictures!

Anonymous said...

Did the sitter have permission to crack the seal on those pictures? The nerve of some people!
Tom Cruise has the right idea about hired help. (And condifentiality agreements).

Anonymous said...

Uh, 524, I think it's your eyes that are narrow. The poster at 425 made the comment abuout "who gets pictures anymore", and 510 was saying that photos last longer. Try rereading both their posts.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! MY EYES ARE NARROW? ARE YOU CALLING ME ASIAN? YOU ARE SO RACIST!!!
Just kidding. I was talking about 425's off-world comment about no one getting actual photos anymore. I wasn't including 510. Okay?

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Seriously, for two seconds, I just about craped myself!! Sorry for the crudeness of that..I am so not racist, and thought, Oh Crap. Seriously, too funny. :) And good, cause by the way you posted, I thought you meant 510. Yes, 425 is way off. We use our 35mm waaayyy more than the digital. I know two people who lost all of their photos. So sad. All the baby pics are gone.

Unknown said...

Nice discussion , Incidentally , if your company are requiring to merge two images , my business saw a tool here altomerge.com.