Thursday

February's Rhode Island Monthly

Books on the Square- East Side of Providence, RI
Received Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I am the original poster who sent in this sighting. I just wanted to let you know that somehow it made into February's Rhode Island monthly. I was just reading the magazine and flipped a page, and WOW! there is my post from Isawyournanny.blogspot.com. I just wanted you to be aware of what a great site this is, and now even more people know about it. Thank you for having this site available for both nannies and parents.

Thank you for writing- JD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that this made the cut. How did I find this blog? My mother in law who lives in SPAIN read about it OVER THERE. Although I would guess you won't get many nanny sightings from Spain. !!!

Anonymous said...

Yes. It is enough already. Today I saw this ultra petite blonde in Starbucks-Rye wearing an I SAW YOUR NANNY t-shirt. Where does it end?

Anonymous said...

I think this is a fabulous site! I too, saw the article in R.I. monthly & thought that it was a great idea. I have been a nanny since 1988 and welcome the idea of reporting bad nannies. I see it happen all the time & finally there is a soundboard for it. Just recently I saw a nanny shopping at Savers in E.G., the toddler stood up & fell out of the carriage. You could literally hear the boys head hit the floor with a sickening thud. Her response wa "I told you not to stand up". I immediately approached them & offered to get help. She bounced him on her hip & kept on shopping. I again approached her to tell her about the possibility of concussion & that she should watch for vommitting and fatique. She was very unfazed and acted as though I was being nosy. If I had known about this site, I would have paid closer attention to her details and immediately reported it on yor site. R.I. opened alot of eyes. I think you need more advertisement so the word spreads faster. While the East Side is known for it's high nanny employment status, places like Barrington & East Greenwich are also loaded with household staff. I applaud your efforts & think something like this site will be very effective for parents. I just hope people take the time to report exceptional & caring sitters too. They do exist!