Tuesday

Blockbuster Video in Rye Brook, NY

Received Tuesday, January 9, 2007
I saw the sweetest nanny today. She was at Blockbuster in Rye Brook today with a little girl of between 5-7. The little girl was most definitely home sick and the nanny had just taken her to the doctor. They were looking through movies and video games together. The nanny was so caring and when she tried to prod the child to make her choice, she was very lighthearted and made reference to taking her home and making her hot chocolate. I am guessing the nanny had been with that child for many years as they had a very apparent and genuine bond. The little girl's name was Rachel. The nanny was African American and had an Island or Caribbean sounding however slight accent, short hair, about 5'6" and perhaps 160-170 lbs. She is a lucky girl! I wanted to stop and ask her if she had any friends looking for nanny positions because she looked like the kind of person that knew other good people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personaly, I love when people post good sightings. It's a breath of fresh air after reading something so sad (Central Park, CA). This nanny sounds as nice as mine, and makes me feel lucky.

Anonymous said...

I think it is great to hear too! Though I am sure someone will say it's a nanny writing about herself... which I don't think is the case.
Though I do always feel sad when I think about my own child being with someone else when they are sick...

Anonymous said...

That's what I like to hear. Brava for sending in a good nanny sighting!

Anonymous said...

Go good nannies! Good people act that way because they ARE that way all the time. Same goes for bad nannies/sitters.

Anonymous said...

I was a nanny for years and had many people come to me after witnessing how I treated the children in my care and tell me what a great job I was doing and how patient and loving I seemed. It is nice when people notice the good things that nannies do. We cant always be as patient, loving and attentive as we want to be, after all we are only human. But I think that nannies in general get a lot of criticism and I for one am glad that there are people out there who notice the good in people, especially nannies, who although some dont realize, have to put up with a lot of different obstacles in their careers.