Wednesday

Sam Goody -on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena, California

Received Wednesday October 25, 2006
Au Pair: 5'8, 130, 19-21, brown hair, green eyes, mini skirt and short sleeved zipper hoody.
Child: boy, approximately 12, blonde, blue eyes, big build for a child
Observed: Tuesday afternoon and the au pair had clearly taken the boy to Sam Goody to buy some music.
I observed her negotiating with him to let her get a CD too. He was in charge of the credit card. The boy was not easily convinced. The au pair was offering homework help and brownies. If this sounds weird to read, it was weirder still to see. While this was not sinister and more goes to the integrity of the au pair, I find it quite unsettling to witness people in power broker deals with children. Is it just me?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh?

Anonymous said...

Do you know it wasn't his sister? Or that the au pair wasn't going to pay him back? I think a twelve year old is young to be in charge of a credit card, but this is a silly post.

Anonymous said...

What is the point of asking in a post if it was the sister, aunt, grandma? Can we get past that? I have never posted but damn sure if I did post I would doing so knowing that the person I was recognizing was in fact the nanny or caregiver. Have a clue, will you?

Anonymous said...

You might be responsible enough to make darn sure it's the nanny before you post, but not everyone is like you and many people are nosy as heck and just love to jump to conclusions.

If I judged people based on my own behavior, this would be a perfect world because everyone would be as honest and thoughtful as I believe I am.

Anonymous said...

If you would trust your 12 yr with your credit card because you don't feel your nanny can be trusted with it. Why would you trust your nanny with your 12 yr old.... Sounds like the nanny has already given the parents reason not to trust her and she didn't help it with this siting.

Anonymous said...

Oh Pipe down. People are nosy as hell. The celbrity gossip factory is a billion dollar enterprise. This is paying attention to the way children are being treated. So seriously, shut it.

Anonymous said...

Unless you are the person running this blog, you have no room to tell anyone else to shut it.

Anonymous said...

What is wrong wrong with you people?

Anonymous said...

My sister in law could very easily do something like this- she is kind of like a big sib to my kids- much younger than my husband. So what? If she got off her lazy butt to make brownies in exchange for a CD that would be OK to me! LOL

Anonymous said...

No, not LOL. Completely unacceptable behavior for an au pair!

Anonymous said...

Why does a 12 year old get a nanny?

Anonymous said...

Cause his parents can't be bothered to spend the time with their own child and it's easier for them to pay someone else to do it.

Anonymous said...

Whoever posted this, please PLEASE get a life. You have way too much time on your hands.

Anonymous said...

sounds to me like an absence of integrity. weird that you find it esxcusable!