Friday

Mandee's Store in Danbury

Received Friday, October 6, 2006
Shopping at Mandees today in Danbury. My little girl age 4 made eye contact with another little girl. Very cute. Said hi. I am looking through the sale rack and look down and the other little girl is in the middle of the rack talking to my daughter. I look around to see if someone is looking for this little girl. Nope. We move to the next rack and the next rack. Now a nanny emerges wearing a tan shirt and suede looking light coat, dark jeans. Very pretty. 25. AA. She made some nice comment, like "oh there you are" And then she took her with her to look at clothes. I keep looking but don't really see anything. By now this little girl is trailing us around the store. When I decide to leave, I walk the little girl who was probably not more than 3 back to her nanny. The little girl was on the chubby side. Very cute. Out of the corner of my eye, I kept my eye on the nanny to see if it even registered with her where the child was. She seemed to assume everything was fine. Granted it was, but is this an assumption a nanny should be making? Isn't she being paid to do the opposite? WATCH the child in her care?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, why were you at Mandee?

Anonymous said...

no offense, but as a mother I have done this too. I have been in contained stores (one exit) and noticed a mom in mom jeans who has the mom worry line and she makes me feel everything will be okay. Kid gravitate to her. Take it as a compliment.

Anonymous said...

What the hell is Mandee?

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the mom...I guess I would be perceived as a nanny because I am young and look younger...and if i am shopping, and out of the corner of my eye see another kid and mom talking to my daughter I let it be. I can still see her though. However, some parents DO NOT watch there children enough and notice it all the time. I think its pretty funny on here how everyone assumes its the nanny. How do you know??? I bet you so many people think I am my daughters nanny, especially because she is biracial.