Saturday

Kohl's, Port Chester, NY

Saturday, October 21, 2006
I saw a nanny shopping this morning at Kohls with a little girl. The little girl was white with curly reddish/brown hair and wore a white long sleeved red t-shirt with a red heart on it and words written inside the heart in script. This is not so much a bad nanny story so much as it as an amusing story. I was in the kid's section alone and leisurely looking through the girls clothing rack. The nanny was pointing out things and helping her pick something that would feel soft and was pretty. She was very in to the little girl, the word doting comes to mind. Anyway, a little boy was loose from his mother and kept going up to the little girl (who was holding the nanny's hand). The little boy would scream "argghhh" and "I am a monster and you're getting it". This little boy was a menace and his mother was not even in sight. He was about 6 or 7 and the little girl was about 4. The nanny, a middle aged African American with a strong build kept steering the girl away from the little boy as she was helping the little girl pick out pajamas. But the boy persisted. Finally the nanny told the boy, "you go on now". I exchanged exhausted looks with the nanny across the the clothing racks. The little boy disappeared for a bit and then was back. This time, he snuck up and stuck his arm out from between some clothing and tugged on the little girls hair. The little girl said "ohhh" and the nanny whipped around and grabbed his hand and bent down to him and said, "if you ever touch this little girl again, I will snap your hands off and boil them". A but harsh, but I was laughing my ass off. Who ever employs that nanny need not worry about her daughter being well taken care of. Maybe she deserves a Saturday off or a Kohl's gift certificate for herself?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to poach this nanny. I love her.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle". LOL. Go nanny!

Anonymous said...

So its ok for this nanny to talk like this to someone elses child, but if she were talking to the child in her care, you would all be getting your panties in a bunch. I don't understand the rationalization of some of you people on here.

Anonymous said...

I understand the iq correlation of someone who would use the phrase "panties in a bunch". It's not good. This nanny was probably not of the mind that she would speak to a kid like that. but yes when some little freak got phsyical with the child she was protecting, she raised up. go repark your trailer.

Anonymous said...

LOL I don't think that was too harsh, the boy was seven. He was old enough to know she didn't mean it literally.
BTW, what was wrong with that boy's mom?!

Anonymous said...

Tell them nicely to go away and if they don't listen take it to the next level just like you would with an awful adult.. Go Nanny!!!!

Anonymous said...

The difference is that she was protecting her charge, which I think is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to find that nanny to protect my twins. That must be a Caribbean nanny. She did the right thing. I am still laughing. The boy went away; did'nt he? Caribbean Nanny you rock