Tuesday

Garvey Park in Monterey Park, CA

Received Monday, October 23, 2006
Hispanic or Latina nanny driving a gold Ford Escape arrived and the child she had with her was about three and charged the winding slide right away. The nanny plopped down on a bench. Her body was terse. As she was ready to leap in action if need be. Or so I thought. In the time I was there, 2-3 other mothers and or nannies approached her and they had suspicious interactions. I am new to this whole area having just moved from Seattle. I wasn't sure what I was witnessing but I really felt like it was some sort of drug dealing going on. There was a white nanny, an African American Nanny. I can't be sure. I know it wasn't Tupperware. There was a lot of hush-hush talk and reaching in to pockets. Like I said, I am new to this area. I am a Latina myself and I don't intend to offend anyone but the tone of the park at this particular time (Monday 10/23 around 1230) was very near sinister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was Avon or Mary Kay???

Anonymous said...

or the new Elmo TMX??