Thursday

FoodStuffs on Park Avenue in Glencoe, Illinois

Received Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Just wanted to mention a fabulous nanny that I saw today. She was with a little girl about 20 months old, the nanny was in blue jeans, a balck puffy vest and a white ski cap with brown hair. The little girl had light brown hair and was wearing pink ugg boots and a white puffy vest. The nanny was so patient and sweet with this little girl. The girl wanted to walk and the nanny put her down and they walked slowly along Park ave towards Foodstuffs and then when they entered the store the nanny made sure to pick up the little girl and continued to talk to her the entire time that they were in the store (about 5 minutes) and then when they were leaving the store she put the little girl down so she could walk. She gave the little girl lots of love, made sure she was safe when they crossed the street again and it was just such a nice change in the nanny scene that I usually witness in the area

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet : ).

I hate to be devil's advocate and of course I'll get jumped on for asking, but how DO you know for sure it was a nanny and not a mom?

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to "jump" on you, but there are plenty of nannies who love the children they watch and are just as, if not more patient with them as their parents are.

Anonymous said...

figures the positive posting would have no comments. I am a wonderful nanny who i think i treat the kids I nanny for better than their parents. no offense to the parents on this board but I have more experience raising kids than the parents I nanny for. First time moms think they know everything because they read some book, I know through experience!!!