Monday

Cinema Deluxe Movie Theatre, White Plains, New York

Monday, October 9, 2006
In the movie theatre washing my hands, a little girl of about three came in. She came in the restroom alone. She used the restroom and came out. She asked me what movie I was seeing. I asked her and she said "Open Season". I said "With your mom" and she said "no, my nanny". The little girl was now on her way out (no handwashing). I followed her and she went to the left and then double backed and went to the right. Then she reversed again and went to the left. I said, "so many theatres, you want me to walk you back". As it happens the show was playing on the Imax and a regular show. I walked her to the regular showing. I told her before we went in, I would wait at the back of the theatre to make sure she found her nanny. They were sitting down in front and she found the nanny. I expected to AT least see a nanny tied down with other children. She may have had other children with her but they would have been very short. If it were me, I would never let my little girl go to the restroom by herself. That is plain NUTS. The little girl was wearing pink jeans/pants and a pink and grey v neck, hooded sweater. She had blonde/brown hair. The movie would have been the 12:30 showing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is horrifying.

Anonymous said...

how do you know she was 3? Maybe she was a small 6 year old?

Anonymous said...

Even a 6 year old shouldn't go to the bathroom by herself!! I'm a nanny and I'm hard pressed to let my older kids, upwards towards age 10 go to the restroom alone. You never know what kind of people are lurking around, especially in places such as movie theaters where there are a lot of children.

Anonymous said...

this is a firable offense.
this is how children get abducted! Not just being alone but when strangers notice a kid who looks lost.

Anonymous said...

sometimes "nanny" particular for Jewish people means "grandma"

Anonymous said...

Regarding 'nanny' used by Jewish people, I think you mean Bubby.

Anonymous said...

Shout out to "Nanny" and "Poppy" in Lakewood, New Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Who cares if the child was with a nanny, grandmother or whoever. Child has no business going into a public bathroom by her/himself. Not in this day and age

Anonymous said...

I'm a nanny, and I wouldn't let my nine year old charge go by herself, that is scary.

Anonymous said...

I don't even let my 8 year old nephew go into public resrtooms without supervision. I stand by the door and he has to go in and see if any one is in there. If no one is, then I let him go in. If there is someone, I figure they'll hear our whole conversation, know I'm keeping tabs, and not do anything wrong. Boys need protection too. He calls his grandmother "Nanna".