Saturday

Brookfield, Wisconsin

Received Saturday, October 21, 2006
Have you seen my nanny? She is a retired teacher and social worker who helps me part time so I can still work enough to provide my family with insurance benefits. She is kind , loving, patient, imaginative, and sooooooo wonderful to my daughter. I do not ask her to do laundry, cleaning, errands, or cooking. I always have enough food prepared so all she has to do is heat it up for my daughter. I always encourage her to eat what ever she wants from our home yet whe always takes time to pack her own lunch with treats she thinks my daughter will enjoy. I do not have a lot of money so I am sure what I pay her is not what the high powered NY and CA nannies earn but I try to give as much as I can. She rewards my daughter with the best care in the world. She packs a play bag with her every time from her home with new and exciting toys that stimulate my daughter. You know how other people's toys are always more exciting. They go to the park, the museums, swimming, the zoo, and the library. Any one who sees her tells me how great she is with my daughter and I thank God for her every day. I always leave my car for her to travel with my daughter if they want to take an outing. I make available to her our country home so her and her partner can get away and enjoy. All employers are not evil and misuse their helpers and not all nannies are lazy and in turn abusive and uncaring. My daughter has an excellant role model when I am gone (about 6 days a month) and if she grows up to be half the person my nanny is I will be blessed. I hope she sitcks with us and that as my situation improves I can pass it on to her. THANK YOU Barbara a million times over. Your saved us!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it THIS SITE's responsibility to spread the word about nannys? WTF? Do you go on republican blogs and yell at them for not celebrating all that is democrat? There are millions of blogs and websites out there. This one is a database for bad nanny sightings. Deal with it. Can't we ban nannies from being on here? Why do they have such an agenda? What is with the links for them and publishing for Janice the nanny? If I wanted to hear about a good nanny, I'd walk downstairs and talk to my own. Or go across the street and talk to my neighbor.

Anonymous said...

I have a nanny and she is okay. She's good to the kids. And I trust her. I see other nannies who are so much more and do so much more and it burns me up to see them not appreciated. To all you moms with great nannies, you think being thin or having a great bag or an expanisve manse makes you enviable? I covet your nanny.
Business proposition. Nanny headhunters. Seize these amazing nannies and offer them up to the highest bidder. I'm in line.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE search for us (the great nannies) and give us to the highest bidder. Let it be known that we feel underappreciated and disrespected by our supposedly "great" employers, and would love a way to EASILY find a family who would love and appreciate us, while also providing us with enough pay to live somewhat comfortably. Hats off to the great nannies out there! Let's do something about an "I saw your parents" website. Then we could leave your site alone. Kudos, Barbara! You are truly loved; stick with this mommy!

Anonymous said...

no nanny. the answer is no.

Anonymous said...

wow itls nice to hear actual praise of a nanny. i'm a little turned off by this site because it is so negative.

Anonymous said...

Why would you be turned off of a site that was created soleley to post sighting of bad caregivers? That doesn't make sense. Do you visit democrat themed boards and tell them you are turned off because they don't postulate the republican ideal? I don't get it.
Do you go to Gap online and complain that they don't sell old Navy clothing? Do you go to CBS online and complain that about Law and Order? Do you go to runner's magazine forums and complain about rap music lyrics?

Anonymous said...

Wow... a country home but not enough to pay your nanny what you yourself said she is worth? Strange?!!!

Anonymous said...

What confuses me here is that the site is not called I Saw your BAD nanny, it's called I saw your nanny..hence I believe that it could be for good or bad sitings alike.

Anonymous said...

banning nannies is a little harsh because what if it is one of the nannies that read the site that tell the bad nannies kids parents about it. If that made any sence.

I think the comment part would be better use a if anyone knows or have information on the bad nannie. instead of lets rip nannies and parents apart and see where that git us.I'll will tell you all it will git you no where.

Anonymous said...

I don't the problem lies with parents or mothers on this blog or the good nannies. But a post like the one above seems to go out of the way to bash nannies just by being so idiotic in and of itself. Does that poster really think she is making ANY point for nannies? STOP!

Anonymous said...

Please do not criticize the mom who has Barbara for a nanny because she works and has a country home. She stated that she is working so that she can provide her family with insurance benefits!
I'm sure there are many people in that situation.