Thursday

Holiday Bonus Feature 2010

Thursday, December 9, 2010
We have received many requests to repeat the annual Nanny bonus survey. If you are a nanny and would like to share with us what you received for a bonus this year, please email us or send us a text message using meebo. Take some pictures! If you are an employer and would like us to know what you are giving your nanny as a bonus this year, we want to hear from you, too.
I SAW YOUR NANNY holiday bonus
Please Include:
Bonus this year (2010):
Your Weekly Salary:
Any Supplementary Gifts aside from The Bonus:
Length of Time you Have worked for the Family:
City, State and Country:

We will print part one on Monday, Dec. 20 and part two between 12/25 - 12/28.
To read ISYN Bonus Surveys from previous years, click below:
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2006 - Part I December 2006
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2006 - Part II December 2006
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2007 - Part I December 2007
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2007 - Part II December 2007
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2008 - Part I December 2008
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2008 - Part II December 2008
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2009 - Part I December 2009
Holiday Bonus Feature, 2009 - Part II December 2009

11 comments:

xfileluv said...

YESSSSS! I love Holiday Bonus on ISYN!

insult2injury said...

I got 4 weeks notice that they are moving and very little severance. They loved me, though. Yeah, okay. Merry Christmas, a-holes.

Cruise bound! said...

I'm sure I'm not going to get a darn thing. I haven't taken a vacation in 3 yrs and back in January I decided to go on a cruise for Christmas. My boss was not pleased and has made it clear on several occasions she is not happy that I am leaving her in a bind the week of Christmas (I guess almost a year notice isn't long enough to figure something out)

I'm sure she will dock my pay for the week as well as forget to get me anything for Christmas....and when that happens I will be looking for a new job.

insult2injury said...

Cruise bound, enjoy your cruise and don't give that family a second thought! My lord. Working parents with nannies think they are the only people on the planet who deserve a vacation, it seems. You gave a year's notice? A YEAR? The mom can deal with it, it's her fault for waiting til last minute.

Good luck with a new job...be a cruise ship nanny! (Is that such a thing?!)

Kelly Butler said...

Insult2injury- I know how you feel. Next friday is my last day with my family and I seriously doubt I going to get severance let alone a Holiday bonus. Hopefully I will be starting soon with a better family that respects their nanny. I wish you luck with your next family.

Hamster said...

I get paid $20000 a month and will get a $10000 bonus plus gifts as I do every year. Joys of working for Bran and Angelina....Jokes lol

HelpPlease! said...

What is expected/appropriate to give home daycare providers?

Chrissy said...

Help Please,

I was an in-home daycare provider for 5 years before becoming a nanny. The worst present I ever got was a 8 x 10 picture of their child, and some Purell (by two different people).

The best gift I ever got was $150 cash (which was what that family paid me weekly).

Most people did a $50 gift certificate (either a Visa gift card, or a g.c. to any local restaurant or spa). I was also grateful for the ones who wrote out cards saying how they appreciated me. That's always nice to hear.

Ohio Nanny said...

I was once a home child care provider. One year, a parent got me a gift certificate at the local spa for a massage. She was a single mom who made the least out of all the parents, and that was the best gift.

Most gifts were gift cards, tho, to places to eat or shop, with nice cards of appreciation.

insult2injury said...

Kelly Star, I just saw your comment. I am so sorry...obviously, I know the feeling. I wish you luck, too. We should start our own nanny service, lol.

Kelly Butler said...

insult2injury-
That sounds awesome! Just one question... Can we give future employers sanity tests? I would like to know in advance if we will be working with whackjobs.