Tuesday

I Saw Your Nanny...in the park..breastfeeding...

The nanny for the nicest family in the building is someone I rarely see out. She has a 6 year old girl. I recently saw her at the park during the day with a child of about 8 months. I noticed that she was breastfeeding her. I didn't think any thing of it, until I realized that the 8 month old is not her child but a child that was adopted by the family she works for from another country. Do you think the mother knows the nanny is breastfeeding this child? If she doesn't know, should she know? Why would she be doing this? I know it isn't my business. 

5 comments:

this_nick said...

I got nothing, apart from casually saying to the mom "oh it must have been hard to find a breastfeeding nanny," which will make things super awkward between you forever lol. Good luck!

Smalltownnanny said...

I would just assume that if she is out in public breastfeeding then the family would know about it...but who knows. Hmmm interesting if your job as a nanny required you to breastfeed a child other than your own. Interested in knowing how many would be fine with a job like that?

STAHP said...

Wet nurses were common once upon a time. I am ASSuming that the Mom knows and wants her baby to breastfeed. It may be painful foe Mom to admit she wasn't able to lactate and BF her adopted baby. I can't imagine a nanny doing this both secretly AND publicly.

Unknown said...

Like others said she is probably getting paid extra as a wet nurse. She is out in public doing it. I think if it was a secret she wouldn't be breast feeding in a park. So just stay out of it

Anonymous said...

Lolololo..omg..this is really funny.