|Harmony by Alima Newton|
1. Nanny wears over powering cologne, daily.
2. Nanny does her nails in the house and I don't like the smell of nail polish remover and have already told her once.
3. Nanny eats rice cakes all the time, but doesn't seem to realize all of the crumbs she leaves everywhere. Even on the sofa. I know it's her because no one else eats them!
4. Nanny drinks coffee, usually has the last cup of coffee and does not wash put or remove coffee grounds.
5. Nanny bakes and makes a lot of unhealthy foods, like chocolate chip cookies, rice krispie treats with whole chocolate bars in them, strawberry shortcake, chocolate cupcakes.
6. Nanny is big on recycling. When she finds something in the garbage that should not be, she takes it out, which is fine, but then tells me EVERY SINGLE time. (Shaming?)
7. Nanny likes to shop at thrift stores for herself. She is very thoughtful when it comes to my kids, but I don't want the kids wearing clothes from thrift stores. I am afraid of lice, mites, bed bugs and I don't think that is unreasonable.
8. Nanny drinks lots and lots of coke products, in front of my children. (Coke and rice cakes, all day long, I kid you not!) I have told her that they may not have sofa, but I believe they have had atleast "sips" and now they request soda all the time. If it's just from exposure, than I am similarly displeased.
9. Nanny is agnostic or atheist, I am not sure. We are Catholic. We are not excessively religious, but if anything close to religion comes up, the nanny says, "yes, some people do believe in/celebrate/ X, but many don't and I am one of those who don't."
10. The nanny lets the dog on the sofa. The dog was never on the sofa before but now comes up all of the time. Oldest child tells me nanny holds the dog on the sofa when watching television.
11. Last summer, the nanny and children were outside daily. Swimming in our pool, etc. Most afternoons I came home, nanny was still in her bikini top with a pair of shorts. I'm not a prude, it just seemed odd,especially since many times, the children were already redressed.
Employers, we want to hear more from you. What works for you? What doesn't? Share your best or worst experiences with us. Email email@example.com.