Saturday

Stuyvesant Town Playground on First Avenue and 16th St. - NY

BADNANNYSIGHTING
Hi i would like to submit a bad nanny sighting. The nanny is a young, attractive woman, maybe late 20s, who looks like she could be indian or pakistani decent. Long black hair and petit. The little girl is about 2, has curly, short brown hair. I saw this nanny a few months ago in stuyvesant town at the playground on first avenue and 16th street. The poor little girl was crying and very upset. They were not in the playground but on the bench outside. The nanny was speaking very nasty to the girl who was clearly upset and crying. The nanny did not even look up from her iphone, except to scold her for crying and then blew the little girl's nose on her own shirt. It was very sad. I remember the little girl was wearing bright pink crocs. Today, my mother was out with my son and saw the same nanny being extremely negligent with the little girl at the playground at the stuyvesant town oval. She was not watching at all as the girl almost hit herself running into a swing, and she also almost fell from the strucure where the children play. This nanny just sat on the bench far away and did not once look up from her iphone even as my mother screamed at her to watch out for the poor girl who almost hurt herself. If i ever see the parents I will certainly let them know. For now, hopefully they check your website. Thanks for having the site, it is really great!

6 comments:

RBTC said...

thank you for taking the time to care about this little girl - try to get a picture if possible - it's clear caring about others runs in your family

OceanBlue said...

Seems like we have a someone who became a "nanny" just for the good pay and doesn't even like kids.

Poor little girl.

MacAttack said...

Sad! I agree try to get a pic next time. Keep up the good work :)

MissMannah said...

I agree with PPs that you should try to snap a picture or at least give us a very detailed description. (What were nanny and girl wearing? What time and day were they there? etc) You could be describing me here!

CleaverJune said...

@ OceanBlue....

Did you really just suggest someone took a nanny job for the "good pay?" (Pardon me while I clean up the coffee I just shot out my nose while reading your comment.)

Nannies and other domestic workers are historically, statisticly and notoriously underpaid, paid illegally under the table, taken advantage of, and not ACTUALLY afforded the rights that the law allows.

Don't get me wrong - There are a great number of honest, fair and good employers out there. And I for one, love my job. I'm just saying that speaking by the numbers.... I think you are way wrong. Most nannies don't do this job for all the dough - we do it because we love what we do. No one will ever make it rich as "the nanny." (well not unless you are the one that worked for Jude Law, and then married him...)

Anonymous said...

Miss mannah I said the girl was wearing bright pink crocs. the girl was wearing a t shirt with a heart on it on that thursday. is that detailed enough for you. I described the nanny. maybe you do not live in stuy town but there really aren't that many nannies and charge pairs as the one I described. don't worry its not you.