Thursday

La Jolla rec center and Jonathons grocery - La Jolla, CA

bad nanny sighting 5 La Jolla rec center and Jonathons grocery store, La jolla: Hispanic nanny with two kids in a double stroller. She never lets them out of the stroller. Does not push the stroller. Sits on a bench and force feeds them. They wine. She yells at them. I feel awful for those 2 kids having to spend the day with that woman. The second time i saw them both kids were once again strapped into the stroller outside Jonathans and the nanny was sitting talking on phone. The kids seemed like they had resigned to their situation.

5 comments:

Just My Two Cents Just Now said...

Eeek...I live very close to La Jolla. A lot of folks around here hire Hispanic Nannies because they tend to work for a much lower rate than anyone else. It's hard for me to even get a job that pays enough to live on since many families think they can get a better deal with an illegal immigrant. Since there are many Hispanic people in San Diego, it is very beneficial for one to know both English and Spanish. Many families see a Nanny who only speaks Spanish to their children as a great benefit since it will help them attain a better job here. Most of the Hispanic nannies I have seen at the playground, park, etc..have been very loving and hands-on. This woman sounds like she doesn't really like her job at all and it is sad that these two youngsters are the ones who are (sadly) paying the price.

slb3334 said...

what is with the stuff that makes no sense in regards to what is being discussed.

Fed-up Too,,,, said...

Just Spammers.

Micky said...

Please, do not sterotype, I am hispanic and I am an american citizen, not all hispanic are illegaly in this country

Just My Two Cents Just Now said...

@Micky: Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to stereotype. All of my children are actually from Mexican descent so I am not prejudiced toward Hispanics. What I meant to say is we do have a lot of illegal immigrants in the San Diego/La Jolla area. The majority of them are Hispanic, but to clarify, we also have a huge Hispanic population who are U.S. Citizens like you.