Saturday

CL - WTF?

Photobucket Saturday, March 7, 2009
.... What?!

1) No Salary Live-In Nanny - Years of Childcare Experience and References (Orlando)
I have over 9 years of experience with all ages infants to teenagers with references to prove it that I can forward through email right away. For the family I helped recently, it included 4 at home children - a 5 year old girl, 8 year old boy, 10 year old girl and 11 year old boy), I provided before and after school care, occasional weekend days and all night care, including making meals, making school lunches, provided assistance getting baths ready and then tucked into bed at night, washed and picked out clothes for school and play, helped with homework, played games and other fun activities (including horsey back rides for the youngest two! LOL), supervised when swimming, provided special care when sick including giving of proper medication, provided house cleaning and pet care, and much more! I'm dependable, honest, responsible, kind hearted and attentive. Be at ease and hire me with NO fees or pay. My real reward in pampering you and yours like Nanny 911 is just seeing happy faces that result from the caring contribution I give! Experienced stay at home caregiver will pamper you and your family FREE! Yes REALLY! Why give a nanny room and board AND PAY MONEY too? Trust me, your kids WILL be happy with me there! YOU will SO appreciate what I do for YOU! Whenever I did this Mr Mom before the families loved me! I am very family oriented and know how precious children are. I will treat your children like I would treat my own. Think of me as Nanny 911 who SO cares about the kids and gives them such caring, respect, nurturing and attention they (and you) don't want me to leave - and I don't leave. (-; I'm dependable, honest, responsible. Safety is of utmost importance! Children's CPR COURSE completion! I JUST saved a life a few months ago when a child in the pool became exhausted and couldn't swim to the side! I do much more for your family! I create activities in a safe environment for all ages, and they all relate to me because I'm patient, caring, fun-loving, attentive to their needs, and very compassionate. I am a good listener and problem solver. Even teens and preteens talk to me {{-; I also am fun-loving and like ALL the rides at Disney World and video games with the kids (as parents allow) I have educational games too like Madagascar and Shrek multiple choice learning games. I am a clean living trustworthy Christian man, caucasion 40+ that has lived happily with all ages. I get along well with everyone regardless of age, ethnicity, etc. I'm not one of those heavy drinker types, don't smoke and NEVER use drugs or profanity of any kind! There will be no expectations from me or need for any money to be exchanged between us - I just need a room where I can go sleep at night and call my own. You share your meals with me (I can cook for you) Very SMALL stipend may be asked for depending on what you provide and how much housework you would like me to do in addition to childcare duties. I am a very experienced, trustworthy jack of all trades. I do house cleaning, laundry, dishes, cook, yard work, painting, fixup, install electronics and computer programs, help with homework and provide security for your family if you need. Safety is of utmost importance. I am experienced at computer research for assignments, essays, etc. I can be just about anything you want me to be for you except chauffer. I don't drive, and if you could help move me and my bedroom things to wherever you are that would be appreciated as your first contribution. I offer companionship for people & pets. Looking for permanent family life to avoid the sadness that comes from kids getting attached and then having to deal with separation. My more recent families before my latest family included 3 children, 1 year old boy, 7 year old girl and 12 year old girl ( for 2 years) and 3 children, 6 year old girl, 8 year old boy and 16 year old girl (for 3 years) Ages were at time of my arrival. References forwarded from THEM to me are available to forward through email to you when you write and tell me your home situation and your vision of what would make this work for you and our mutual agreement that we have probable compatibility.
Original URL: http://orlando.craigslist.org/kid/1062637752.html
___________________________________________________________
Special Thanks to: mbargielski - for our Feature Ad, Amy, CL listing, ali, MissDee, hungrycollegestudent, etereia and Bayleighsback.... all of you did an excellent job this week! Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE.

TO READ THE REST OF THIS WEEKS SUBMISSIONS: PLEASE CLICK HERE!

37 comments:

MaryPoppin'Pills said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

the first post is so sad. he sounds so very lonely... i wonder how old he is?

Anonymous said...

I agree, the first post is sad and odd. Why would you do all that for no pay. I wonder what's really going on in his life?

Chantel said...

While #1 sounds lonely, I'm also suspicious as to why he has references e-mailed to HIM and then forwards those e-mails on. Why can't the employer contact previous employer on their own?

Also, #2, why does the woman have to be SINGLE with children. That sounds off to me.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I know that many people are going through tough economic situations right now. I really feel for the people who post ads offering a ridiculously low salary, and explaining that they just can't afford more than that. In fact, If I could afford to be paid that little, I would probably go work for some of those people.

However, I cannot stand ads where the poster acts as if they're doing you a favor by paying you. Like #10... "I am only paying 35 dollars because I am providing food for you and your child and all you need to do for my kids is make sure they are put to bed properly and then you are able to watch tv or be on the phone or whatever. It is an easy job." As if you wouldn't be able to feed your child dinner if not for her generous offer.

And #13. "u have to be good looking or else my kids will be scared. i will compensate u for that if u like but plz be reasonable." Seriously?

Maybe someday I'll be rich enough to provide free childcare, but as long as I'm a working nanny, I doubt that's gonna happen. And as optimistic as it is for people to think that everyone is going to be lining up to watch their precious gems, it would be nice if, in these ads that are offering extremely low salaries, the posters would refrain from acting as if they're doing a favor by paying at all.

Village said...

As for the guy with no family looking for one, he can came take care of me. I could use a butler.

How about that offer of a room with a WINDOW. Wow. I'm really going to jump at that. Shared bath, but who's counting.

And for the couple who are looking for some one to stay up all night with the baby, they are called BABY NURSES, and they are very expensive. Good luck with you5, what was it, $50 search.

Anonymous said...

OK, #1 was creeping me out before I knew it was a guy, now I am really creeped out.

And please tell me that the last one asking for a night sitter for a 3 week old was a typo!! $50 a WEEK? I won't even allow my self to believe that it wasn't a typo. It must have been, it has to be!!!

Do people think that when they add the word CASH in caps at the end of their measly pay that it makes it seem like a decent wage? I mean how naive do they think people are??

Anonymous said...

Lol at #9! I work in the area, and we are an educated town. The person sounds like a poster child for the Dorchester/Roxbury/Mattapan area! Go back to school or at least get spell check. No one in this area will hire you!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't #1 posted on a previous WTF??? Maybe I am just imagining it, but it sounds familar.

Anonymous said...

I know the guy in #1 asked for a small stipend depending on what the employers would provide but how does someone get by with ZERO money? I mean does he expect to use their soap, deoderant, toothpaste etc? How will he buy a new toothbrush, underwear, haircut, go to the doctor if need be, or anything else? This sounds really weird....above all of the other creepiness in his post. I feel bad if he really is just a lonely old guy.

The last one has to be a joke. $50 a week? That is the lowest I think has ever been posted on cl-wtf. I really hope they at least meant $50 a night.

Sad Sad Sad. Some of these mothers who are posting have such an attitude about it too, like it's a privilege to even get an interview and then make less than minimum wage.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

#21 don't ask your nanny for proof of car insurance because at $100/week she can't afford any! And she won't have a car either!

I mean really, these ads have reached an all-time low! And most are from high cost of living cities, like Dallas and L.A. These people also need to shelve their attitudes while asking for slave wages. I made $2 an hour as a junior in high school, more than 30 years ago!

Anonymous said...

#1. Hmmmmmmm....

#5. They need counseling and a therapist. After sufficent counseling as determined by their therapist, then hire a sitter.

#13. Anyone notice that ad is from the M4W section on CL? Since when did you have to be hot to provide childcare? Unless you are a nanny for the child and a "daddy nanny".

#9 and 17. If either of their applications came across my desk, I wouldn't place them as a nanny no matter what. I am a stickler for proper grammar and pronounciation.

20#. A 3 month old AND a 14 month old? $130-150 per week? Stay home with your children and use the money for birth control, since you are so cheap. My daycare charges $266 per week for full time care from 6 weeks-2 years of age.

And to think I didn't have coffee today, probably because I can't drink any *snif*

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with number 7? I would do that in a heartbeat. I could use 100 bucks right now!!!

Anonymous said...

Number 9 must be a joke!!

Anonymous said...

The baby in number 11 is super cute! i guess it's weird to post a picture of your child on craigslist because of all the pedophiles, what a shame.

Anonymous said...

haha. The kids are afraid of ugly people!! That is rediculous! But hilarious as well!

Anonymous said...

I think Number 1 HAS been featured before. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

#18 is out of their mind! 10 hour days for 75! to 100 dollars a week, hopefully they meant a day and that was a typo, but really I can't imagine they will get a single response. How stupid!

Anonymous said...

It's funny that #19 is offering the same amount as #18 for half the hours. It's still very low pay, but someone would probably be interested in it if they needed to supplement their income with a second job. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

I find it very sad that some of these people are paying under 3.00 an hour. I made 2.00 an hour 30 years ago. These are your children why leave them. Yes you need to work well you should have thought about that before having them. this is a free country people, you can choose to have children, to work, where to live ect...I really worry for these kids. Also, how come everyone on this site has such well behaved, great kids and thinks taking care of them is sooooo easy. TAKING GOOD CARE OF CHILDREN IS NOT EASY, NOT EASY, IT IS HARD WORK.

Anonymous said...

Scary that people would pay so little for someone to care for their 3 month old baby. I mean that is precious cargo. And takes a lot of effort to care for. Only someone with very little to no experience and desperate for money (like a drug adddict) would take a job like that. That's who you want caring for your child!!

Anonymous said...

Really who would work for number 26 someone who wanted to rob them blind, sell their baby, or exploit it somehow? 200 dollars a MONTH!! To stay awake all night dealing with a newborn. I fear for those people and their stupidity!! I mean you can get 200 dollars a month with a paper route or selling lemonade!!

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

#11 struck me as sad... we have a mother bragging that her baby can hold his own bottle. What about her feeding him and looking into his eyes... to get that connection or bond??

Anonymous said...

um, there is nothing wrong with number 24 from what i can see.

"The position comes with full room and board, high-speed wireless internet, satellite TV, $200 per week compensation."

full room and board, PLUS 200 bucks a week. that's 800 a month with your rent already paid and everything. that is more than enough to live on.

that sounds fine to me. you get your own bathroom and bedroom, they have a pool and a hot tub... i have honestly no idea why this is up here and am a little upset that is on here (and even kind of want it removed)

yes, 200 bucks a week = about 5 bucks an hour.. but with the cost of living in that area, and having your rent already paid. id say its a fantastic deal. ESPECIALLY in light of the current economy.

Anonymous said...

seriously?, or SA, or reader, or WHOEVER THE HELL YOU ARE NOW, bite me!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol im not any of those people.

and whats wrong with my post?

Anonymous said...

and no i will not bite you, as much as you would have really enjoyed that.

Anonymous said...

seriously:

A cardinal rule of budgeting is spending no more then 1/3rd of your income on rent, because you need cash for other things: gas, car (esp. for LA), car insurance, health insurance, sundries, cell phone, medicine etc. Also, for many of us: student loans. Savings. Clothing and shoes.

While this employer's house is in a nice area, they are choosing to pay their nanny with a room that would rent at much higher then what the nanny would pay. Many employers seem to think that their nice digs are payment enough, when the truth is that free rent is not always seen as a perk by the nanny, and not offering much else further by way of compensating forces the nanny to accept a nicer standard of living then the nanny might normally be able to afford.

Also, she's trying to get some personal assistant work out of it, too, and that's just a no-no.

Anonymous said...

well, i suppose putting it that way does make sense.

but you do have to admit: its not *NEARLY* as bad as some of the other ones out there. i mean, not even close.

while it may not be as much as what is preferred, it IS a livable wage. you can survive on 800/month even if it would be more desirable to have more.

Anonymous said...

Wow... big huge red flag, #1. Something is not right here.

Anonymous said...

wow! W @ 12.54, you are a nasty ass person. Some of the best nannies I know in Wellesley are from Dot/Roxbury/Mattapan. You are a classless person, or should I say a pompous twit. I suppose I should include myself in your nastiness because I live in Boston too.

Anonymous said...

To W,

That is a really racist way to describe things. Jane, I'm surprised you'd let that post stay up here. It's a very racist comment. I think you should take that down.

W, we don't want to read your ignorant racist comments here. Find a way to speak nicely or go somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

Are these people insane??? $10 for a 1/2 day of care?? $10 a night for caring for a newborn??? Wow... My favorites are the ones where CL readers respond back on CL calling the crazy people out on their ads! Good finds ISYN!

Jane Doe said...

Sometimes, even with two of us monitoring the blog, comments get by without being read.

Anonymous said...

Haha. Darecare. That's great.

chrissyma said...

Wtf@ the last one "White Settlement"? Am I missing something? Is White Settlement a town name or is it exactly what it sounds like?