Saturday

CL - WTF?

Photobucket Sunday, February 15, 2009
.... What?!

1) Needed: Non Crazy Babysitter for the Night (GVP/JC)
Laugh at the title all you wish - but I'm REALLY looking for a babysitter that is reliable, responsible, and NOT crazy. I have two little boys that are pretty well behaved, but have the ability to drive you up the wall. I'm looking for someone tonight because our sitter is unreachable (as they somehow ALWAYS are when you really need them) and my mother is certifiably insane and is giving me the silent treatment again (why, I couldn't tell you). The boys are almost 3 and almost 1, and incredibly easy to care for. At the moment they have runny noses, but have had them for a week without any other symptoms. I would not put them in the care of others if they were legitimately sick. Runny noses only requires the use of a few Kleenexes, not bio-hazard suits. More than likely we'd like to leave around 7:30. Bedtime is 10, food will be given already (except for the little one's sippy cup which is full until 10, and snacks), and we'll be home around 3am. We have dogs and a cat in the house, but dogs can go outside if you wish. Our house is messy and always in the process of 'improvements', so don't expect fancy duds. Pay for 7:30p-3a is $60 (which is impressive considering you'll be watching tv for 5 hours). If you're coming from more than 15miles away, I'll also add in a bit extra for gas. If you want to know any more about me, the kids, or the situation...just shoot me a message. I'm young with a wild sense of humor, but I'm absolutely serious when it comes to who watches my kids. And if no one decides to respond - well then I hope you at least got a smile or two out of this ridiculous ad. Thanks and happy trails ;)
Original URL: http://ksu.craigslist.org/kid/1023552836.html

The Mom in the above Ad then posted this in her Blog:

2) I have decided, however, that I am most definitely NOT using the sitter that I used last night...ever again.I put out this ridiculous ad on CL for an emergency sitter. It was actually fairly entertaining. You can read that here. I got numerous responses from people who apparently did not read the ad well enough to realize that they had to come into our home to watch the kids. I got two responses from girls who said that they'd come here. One of them was entirely too cutesy and nice, a little TOO excited about watching the kids. I invited the other one over to meet me. She's a young mother with two children (almost 21 with a 17mo old and a 5mo old). Pretty nice, soft spoken, and with an atrocious little monster of a 17mo old boy. He screams bloody murder when he's excited. He got excited a lot.Anyways, so we sat and talked as I wanted to make sure that she wasn't a looney toon. Her kids looked well taken care of, well groomed, etc. I asked her repeatedly if she thought she was completely able to take care of ALL of them, as I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. I told her that if she had ANY reservations or doubts about watching them, to let me know. She said that she could handle it. She left and then eventually came back around 7:30.I had to get everything ready by myself because Tyler had already left the house - he apparently had already made plans to go early with the guys because he thought I wasn't getting a babysitter. I was a little more than infuriated that he didn't even THINK about me before making those plans, but...whatever. I cleaned up the place, got the kids food, got myself ready, etc. She came and I made sure she had our list of numbers, another quick rundown of how things go, etc. I left. She didn't contact me at all, so I figured things went okay.I got back home around 3, obviously - from my retarded post. Both the boys were sleeping and she said things went alright. Aiden wanted to get up around midnight and use the potty, so he did and then went back to bed. Not too surprising. I paid her - MORE than I originally intended because of having to deal with both boys and her kids, and being a young mother. I gave her $75. I originally stated $60 - which is MORE than enough considering she was watching tv for 5 hours. I went to sleep and all was cool. Woke up this morning and got my game face on even through the raging headache. Aiden got up and ate cereal and yogurt, I got Conley's sippy cup ready for him and went to get him up. He was awake, sitting in his bed with the most sad, pathetic look on his face. As soon as I got to the crib I could immediately smell pee. I picked him up and his sweatpants, shirt, and bedding were completely soaked. This leads me to believe, with about 99.9% positivity, that she didn't change his diaper before she put him in bed. There is absolutely NO reason he should've wet through his diaper in a night, as it's never happened before. So I had to give him a quick bath before he even got to eat this morning - and we were both upset. Not only that, but I gave her pretty adamant instructions that Conley got to have a cheerio snack around 9 with his last sippy cup of the night. Cheerios were in the pantry, put them on the high chair and he'll get them. Yeah. Pretty sure the box of Cheerios were still closed (new box ya'll). Dumb. Broad. Ugh. One of these days I'll find a sitter that is sane and responsible.
______________________________________________

3) Needed - Mother's Helper (Argyle)
Help! We have been doing some painting, de-wallpapering, furniture rearranging, and general household improvements and I have fallen behind on my housework (not that I was ahead of the game to begin with LOL). So, instead of trying to crawl out of this hole myself, I have devised a plan! I am looking for my own "Clean House" crew of one. Anyone with a dirt bike capable of scaling the pile of laundry in the garage gets special consideration. I am easily distracted and have a short attention span. I miss details, like the fingerprints on the walls and dust on the fans and baseboards. I frequently forget what I am doing, so someone who can keep me motivated is a plus. Don't need a drill seargent, just someone who can organize what needs to be done, set me to one task, and move on with another. Some things I hope to get accomplished: Tackle previously mentioned mountain of laundry (I'm really good at folding and putting away, but VERY forgetful about actually putting the laundry IN the washer and dryer) Get all the Christmas decorations back into storage (yes, they are still out) Clean up the garage a bit Deep cleaning in the kitchen and bathrooms Clean the carpets (I have a carpet shampooer, and NO idea how it works) Clean said baseboards, doors, fans, windows, etc of dust and dirt. I am very allergic to dust, so I avoid this task at all costs. General organizing Above all, I am looking for someone who will come in and see what needs to be done and make it happen. I intend to help (mainly with the folding and hanging of laundry, my specialty) if I am here, but I am currently job hunting so I cannot guarantee my presence. You should be fairly quiet (my partner works from home), be open minded and non-judgemental, have the ability to curse like a sailor on occasion (because I will and there is no sense getting offended), like dogs because I have two very hyper ones, like kids because I have two very hyper ones, have a take charge attitude, and enjoy doing this kind of work. I am looking to get this done between the hours of 9 AM and 2 PM starting February 17th until it is done. I expect the longest it would take would be four days, but probably less. I'll pay $8/hr, but if you get it done quickly I will pay NO LESS than $150. I will also provide your lunch while you are here (nothing fancy, but I will have sandwich fixins and such). Email me and tell me about yourself. If you are within a 5-10 mile radius of the WalMart on 103rd, I will consider providing transportation if you need it.
Original URL: http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/dmg/1021538683.html
__________________________________________________________

4) Does your Teen want to make some cash being my Daughter friend & Tutor (Glen Burnie 21060)
Please don't flag me this is to help my baby girl. I know this is not in the right spot but I know moms look at this page more. I'm a mom of two and my daughter needs a tutor just a average B in spelling and reading is fine a teen girl about age 13-18. I also run a licensed childcare so you know that we have had an FBI background check and I have references. Your teen would be safe here and you are more then welcome to stay here with her. Ok just to let you know what we need. Our daughter is age 10 great kid and A B student most times. But she is in IEP she gets a lot of help. And is behind because she could not hear most of Pre-K though 3rd and still has problems and has to get her ears cleaned. She can hardly spell or read great at math.So she just needs a teen that can work with her in spelling nothing major and average teen can do it. I'm looking for a girl teen. So that she can also talk to her about teen stuff and what to expect in Middle school. We are trying to tell her that the kids in middle school will not like her acting like a baby and she will have a hard time making friends but she just gets upset. If a teen girl could hang out with her it would help her grow up some. She is my baby girl and I don't want her to grow up but Middle school is hard and for her safty she needs a push a teen to look up to. She has an older brother but she doesn't like him that much and he isn't going to be able to talk to her about boys and stuff that she has to be aware of. Now don't get me wrong I'm very close to my daughter and we talk about everything,but she really needs a teen to talk to her about Middle school she seems to think we are to old she has a hard time believing that we know what we are talking about.A teen can help her let go of me some and start being a young lady and get ready for the the mean kids in Middle school and boys that will pursue her more then what she is use to. We are a very easy going family and are willing to start before summer. We can't pay much so depending on how much your teen wants will depend on how often she can work with our daughter. And we have an above ground swimming pool that they can use, make it a little more fun a worth it,but she will still need to talk to her and work with her not just swim and laugh the whole time unless she is off the clock.LOL. It will be a fun job for your teen.And build her self worth at the same time knowing that she can make a difference in another girls life. I love my daughter anyway she is but this will hurt her in the long run. Thank You for taking the time to read my post. I hope to hear from you.
Original URL:http://baltimore.craigslist.org/kid/1027511918.html
__________________________________________________________

5) Desperately Seeking Sitter (Cedar Park)
I am currently with child and will be giving birth in May so the baby will be about 2 months old. I am in desperate need for a sitter on July 16th, 2009 at approximately 10:30 PM until 3:30 AM as my husband and I will be at a local movie theatre anxiously awaiting the release of Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince. I prefer sitters with knowledge in defense against the Dark Arts. PLEASE do not apply if you currently or have ever followed Voldemort. RSVP through e.mail, no O.W.L.s please.
Original URL: http://austin.craigslist.org/kid/1034069166.html
__________________________________________________________

6) Need someone Thursday (Hampton)
I am looking to attend a function at my daughters school. I need to leave here about 8:15. I will only be about 2-2 1/2 hours tops. You would be looking after my daycare children. Please email for more info, fine for a sahm.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1030114337.html
__________________________________________________________

7) Anyone free to watch a young one this evening? (Sunprairie)
We are trying to find a routine backup/weekend sitter. We have had a few, and none of them are what we are looking for. If you are available this evening, that would be great ( roughly between 6pm-10pm). But please understand we are looking for someone who wouldn't mind watching our child a few nights a month so we can still maintain a social life. Please email with rates, availability, references, experience, etc. Thank you for your time.
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1024787655.html
___________________________________________________________

8) SEEKING: Full-time Nanny/Housekeeper - 70k/yr + health ins. (Manhattan)
Do you love kids? Do kids love you? Do you know your way around a knife block? A diaper bag? A laundry hamper? The greenmarket? If so, there's a job waiting for you with a great family and great benefits. All we ask is that you take a little quiz: Answer the five questions below, and mail us your responses with a resume, list of references and a cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a great fit with our family. And don't forget to read the job description that follows. We can't wait to hear from you! 1. At what point can a child cross the street without holding on to a grownup's hand? 2. Name a food that is much better to buy in season at the Greenmarket than in a store. Name a food that is practically as good in stores as it is at the Greenmarket, regardless of season. 3. A child asks you where the sun goes at night. How do you answer? 4. What are three good rules for organizing and putting away toys? 5. Would you let the Cat in the Hat into your house? Why or why not? This position encompasses a range of duties including childcare, housekeeping, running errands, and cooking for a family with three young children in downtown Manhattan . Hours are primarily 8am to 6pm, but flexibility is a high priority, and evening hours will occasionally be necessary. Additionally, the family spends part of the summer out of the city, so we are seeking someone who is willing to spend four days of the week living in with us during that time. You must be able to drive a car, ride a bike and swim with small children. The position will also sometimes include other vacation travel. (Please note: we can only do trial days in the evenings or on weekends and would like to do several trial days before making a decision. Any interested candidates will need to be available for some evenings/weekends for a few weeks while we are doing trial days.) The right candidate must love and enjoy children and be absolutely comfortable taking care of them. Good judgment and common sense are imperative. Background in early childhood development or education is appreciated, but not required. Candidate must also have a flexible and open attitude about her other responsibilities (anything from grocery shopping, preparing fresh meals, doing laundry, washing dishes, taking out the garbage, making beds and other light household chores), and be willing to work closely with a very hands-on, stay-at-home mother. (Please also note: the job does not require heavy cleaning, and the employee will not be expected to do childcare at the same time that she is doing most other types of work -- in other words, she will not be asked to go grocery shopping or cook dinner while she is also watching the children.) Please be/have: * Legal working papers and fluency in spoken and written English * Good judgment, common sense, and the ability to anticipate needs and operate independently without too much direction * Strong communication skills, including ability to accept feedback and express opinions/concerns * Experience working with children from infancy to school-age * Sincerely happy spending time with and playing with children * Competent at and willing to perform the general cooking and housekeeping duties listed above * Organized, efficient, and strong at time management * Flexible, caring, and possessing an enthusiastic and cheerful attitude * Childcare experience in New York City (familiarity with downtown Manhattan a plus) * Driver's license * Ability to commit to three years * Non-smoking Hours, Salary and Benefits: * 50 hours/week (Monday-Friday approximately 8AM-6PM with some flexibility required; occasional evenings and travel) * $900/week net with taxes to be paid by the employer on top of that amount. The gross salary for a New York City resident works out to be $70K+/year. (Salary negotiable for the right applicant) * At least two weeks paid vacation per year, probably more. (This does not include vacation travel with the family.) * Employee will be expected to work on holidays when the stock market is open (for example, Columbus Day). * Health insurance is a possibility. Interested candidates please respond to this ad with a resume, two references, answers to the above quiz, and a written summary of a) relevant experience and b) interest in this specific position. Thank you!
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/dmg/1031761728.html
___________________________________________________________

9) I need a nanny for Valentine's Day (Norfolk)
I need a nanny to care for my 3 daughters 2 of them have 6 yrs old & the baby have 13 months, the person who could help me have to accept that is hidden cameras through the house, the hours is 7 p.m to 2:30 a.m, I will pay $50.00 if anyone is interested pleasecontact me for details: matus357@**** Thanks in advance!!
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1027109711.html
___________________________________________________________

10) Sitter/Nanny Needed, in my Home! (West Carpentersville)
Hi, My name is Jennifer and i have 3 boys. 4ys, 20 months, and 6 months old. I work nights and weekends and with three small children, find my self running out of time more often then not. I am looking for someone that can come watch my boys while i run errands, get work done, etc... The times arn't set, so we can work something out that fits for both of us. But it would need to be during the day during the week. I may also need you, if you're willing some Friday/Saturday nights if my husband and i both have to work. But that can be you choice. I will never leave my boys with someone i am not FULLY comfortable with, so i would need to interview you. If you have any experience or referrences feel free to forward them onto me as well, but they are not mandatory. I have a pretty good sence of judgement and im sure ill know if i like/trust you or not. I'm very easy to get along with and my boys are awesome! So i know this isn't a 40hr/week job but it would be worth it. And if i like you and my boys like you then it could turn into more work if wanted/needed. If interested please call or email me: 847-372-**** jnjostler@**** Like i said before i am a very busy mom so if i dont get back to you right away dont get discuraged ill get back to you asap. PS ive attached pics of the boys.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/1024347702.html
___________________________________________________________

11) Babysitter needed tonight (Clarkaton GA)
I need someone to watch my four year old daughter tonight between the hours of 10:45pm untill 4:00am. The compensation will be set at 20.00 for the night. If interested,please give me a call at 678-973-****
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/dmg/1024499842.html

Response from angry CL reader:

12) RE: Babysitter needed tonight (Get a Clue)
Oh please let me stay up till 4 in the morning and make $4.00 a hour! Are you kidding! Who are you willing to let watch your 4 year old? A bum!
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/dmg/1025099521.html
___________________________________________________________

.... How Much?!

13) Full-Time Childcare Needed (Aurora)
I am looking for an experienced Nanny/Child Care provider. I will begin working the first week of March. I still don't know what my hours will be besides approximately 40 hours/week, but I am interviewing now. My son is 19 months old and still in diapers. You can come to my place or I can bring him to you depending on your location. Thank you for your time. If I do not respond, that means I am not interested based on the resume you will be emailing to me. Please do not contact me if you don't meet ALL of the requirements listed below. REQUIREMENTS: - CPR/First Aid Certified (will accept training with pending certification) - Minimum of 5 years experience - Good references (I will check) - Non- Smoker - At least one other child for him to play with in your care (15 months to 4 years old) - Willing to change diapers (he has sensitive skin and needs to be changed within 10 minutes of being soiled) - Experience with potty training - Ability to educate through games and reading - Reliable transportation (if you are coming to my home) - Reasonable rates (I can afford approximately $100/wk based on 40 hours, will pay more for more hours worked)
Original URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/kid/1033565307.html
___________________________________________________________

14) Seeking Full-Time Nanny Mon-Fri 8am-7pm $300-$350 a wk (Hallandale Beach, 33009)
Full time Nanny Position available start March 09.Please e-mail me your resume and interviews will be set up..Seeking a loving, energetic women with past experience...My little girl will be 15 months in March 09Live in or live out no preferenceRequirements:.1)Clean driving record and ability to drive her to various fun activites and baby classes..2)Laundry for baby.3)Cooking food for baby.4)Swimming at our pool daily or going to the beach which we live right on!.5)2 years past experience with age group 1-5 with good refrences.6)Able to commit to 1 year emplpoyment7)English basic and other languages are always welcome 8)Cleanning baby room and after play time..Schedule:.Monday- Friday 8am-7pm Pay $300-$350 weekly
Original URL: http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/kid/1024636359.html
___________________________________________________________

15) Looking for Nanny in Towson area (Towson)
Hi, We am looking for a nanny that would be available to provide care for our 5 month old daughter, starting with March 9, 2009. We need somebody M-F, from 8 until 5,30, preferably at our house, but would consider yours as long as it is on our way to work (downtown). We are able to pay $175/week. Families that already have a nanny and would like to split the cost would work too. Please let us know if you are interested. Thank you!
Original URL: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/kid/1027678132.html
___________________________________________________________

16) Nanny Needed in SAVAGE (Savage)
me and my husband are looking for an experienced nanny or day care provider ASAP. our day care lady decided to tell us in an email last wednesday that she will no longet watch our child FOR NO REASON! so we are stuck. we love her to be at home and everything will be provided for her, of course. she is 6 months old her name is taylor and she is a very good baby! the hours we are looking at would be 22 hours total. may be less. monday: 1-530p tuesday: 1-530p wednesday: NOPE thursday: 830am-230p friday: 10-5p we are flexible with pay we were paying 35 Dollars per day no matter how long she was there, one hour, or no longer than 8, and are willing to compensate for gas. please only SERIOUS people interested. we will be doing back ground checks and need refrences, also home security will be in our house, and on AT ALL TIMES and all doors will be secured inside while we are not home. we are located off highway 13 south by the prior lake high shcool. we are looking for someone to start as soon as MONDAY FEBUARY 16TH. contact kyle and/or keasha 612 750 **** please leave vm if not answering.
Original URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/edu/1029421237.html
___________________________________________________________

17) Childcare Needed (Baltimore 21237)
I am looking for childcare, Rosedale, White marsh areas, someone very reliable and flexible
(long hours), wouldn't also mind watching him overnight and weekends, I can only afford $20 per day. Serious inquiries please.
Original URL: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/kid/1026404982.html
___________________________________________________________

18) Nanny Needed (Tucker)
We need a playful, loving, dedicated nanny to take care of our 10 month old baby in our home near in Tucker. This would be part time, at least to start. The hours we need are 7:30am - 4:30pm and we can pay $50 per day. If you would like to spend time with our sweet baby, please let us know a little about your experience with infants and your personal style as a parent or caretaker.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/dmg/1019679675.html
___________________________________________________________

19) I AM IN NEED OF A BABYSITTER (Williamsburg JCC)
** ** Please read contents of ad prior to responding. ** ** Hi I am looking for a babysitter. My husband is military and out for the next 18 months.I have two little boys ages 1 1/2 ans 3 1/2. My 3 year old is potty trained! I am looking pref for some one to come to my home.For the most part I can always give you a week in advance before I need ya! I just need a break every now and then for a couple of hours if that! For hourly rates...I am only willing to pay 5$ per hour for both of my boys. I am not willing to pay more because I am not asking for you to clean house,cook or bathe my chilren. for the most part my children will be either asleep or in the play room.I don't see anyreason to pay more for such a simple job.Considering most of you replying are not a licensed childcare provider. I am wanting to run a 5k this V-day so if I find you by then.That would be great! Thanks sahm ** ** Please be advised, No response will be recieved for offers higher than the above listed Ad, Please read ad again before responding ** **
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1027172579.html

Response from angry CL reader:

20) RE: Picky Parent (Reality)
Well, considering one of your kids is not potty trained but IS walking and is probably a MAJOR inconvenience because I seriously doubt your home is childproofed as well as mine, not to mention you want childcare on Valentine's Day (some of us have husbands that ARE home that we like to spend time with before THEY deploy), and you want to give a week's notice of days and hours (or less because Valentine's Day is Saturday and today is Monday), and because you have such high expectations of a provider but can't seem to type out a decent advertisement (seriously, at least use spell/grammar check), I think $2.50 per hour per child is not in the least bit enough of a motivation to get me to put your address into my GPS, much less drive all the way to your house to deal with your obviously pessimistic and somewhat snotty attitude. You can forget about blaming it on your husband being gone because mine is military as well and has already been gone for more than half of my marriage (we have not had time to conceive, much less bear, two children, because of his frequent absence). If you really want a babysitter and are not just trying to push our buttons, you need to seriously rethink your ad and your attitude, unless you plan on spending every second of the next 18 months with your kids, who are probably at least half as irritating as you are. ~Signed, the best provider you'll never have
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1027446258.html
___________________________________________________________
Special Thanks to: Ipv_84, Chrissya, Rachel, MissDee, Jenifer_Taylor and all of the Anonymous Contributors.... you picked some really great Ads this week! I also appreciate the comments sent from those that missed it yesterday! xo Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE.

TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK HERE!!

No comments: