Tuesday

Rite Aid at 7118 3rd Ave in Bay Ridge, NY

Received Tuesday, May 6, 2008
nanny sighting logo Okay, this is factual. I am not guessing. I saw this with my own eyes. I was shopping in Rite Aid at approximately 3:00 PM (Monday, May 5) when I noticed an attractive looking Hispanic nanny in the make up aisle of rite aid. She had a high tech looking baby blue stroller and was pushing a little girl with light brown hair pulled in to pigtails. The little girl was maybe 1 yr old.

I was near her and at the time, I thought "is she opening packages" but I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to stare or cause trouble. I ended up in line behind her where she bought 2 bottles of bubbles in a pink bottle. I pay her no mind. I get outside and walk towards my building. I happen to see her stopped next to a chain link fence by PS 182 and she is reaching in the stroller and completely unpacking it. She pulls out lipsticks and make up and puts it into her handbag (brown suede with a chain handle). She may have been waiting for a child to be released from school. The nanny had brown hair pulled in to a bun on top of her head, a very pretty face and I would estimate she was about 5'3" and a size 8. No, she wasn't unkind to the child, but what happens when she gets busted for shoplifting? What happens to your little girl then?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder what she's stealing from her employer's home...

Anonymous said...

True, 5:38.
And OP makes a good point.
If nanny gets busted, how long do you think it will take to contact the parents and have them come and get the baby? Very sad.

Nanny the klepto needs to be canned.

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you meant PS 102, right?

Thanks for your post -- I hope she is discovered and fired.

Anonymous said...

OP -- WHY didn't you tell rite-aid that she stole from them?! It's not like she's gonna make a run for it, pretty hard to do with a stroller in tow.... what is wrong with people? nanny and OP included... do people not have MOUTHS to say what the hell is going on? especially when someone is shoplifting, smacking a child, or the various other things that are discussed on these boards?

When I see something wrong, I open my mouth and/or report it...

Anonymous said...

Because while I was in the store, I wasn't certain she was shoplifting. It wasnt until I got to the fence by PS 102 (sorry not 182, that was a typo) that I saw her again and realized she was unloading her loot.

Sheeesh. Why do people take a post and use it as an inroad to tell everyone how fabulous they are and what they would have done.

Were you there?

Anonymous said...

It really is hard to know what to do sometimes, especially when you are not sure what is going on. Once, a saw a young teenage boy putting packages of pills under his shirt, no-doz I believe or something like that. Anyway, I followed him for a bit and foud that he was with his Mom. I went up to her and asked her if I could speak with her and she looked at me in a puzzled way and then, I quietly told her what I had witnessed. Oh, I'll never forget the devastated look on her face. I just hope that by her knowing at this stage prevented bad things from happening to her son down the line.

Thanks for reporting this and hopefully, this nanny will be found out.

Anonymous said...

I used to work in retail and unless one of the employees witnesses the theft, nothing can be done. Even if a customer reports it.

One thing I have done, when I saw someone shoplifting is to laugh out loud and say "Oh my god! I thought you were shoplifting! Hahaha, silly me, I need to get my eyes checked", a big passive aggressive way of dealing with it. They were so flustered, they bailed.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good one, 12:24!

A little embarrassment never hurt anybody!

Anonymous said...

This person said she did not SEE the person shoplifting and only noticed the stolen stuff outside of the store...what was she supposed to do, run back and tell them so they would pursue her and then, AGAIN, what would happen to the little girl???

Relax....more important that the parents see this.

Anonymous said...

Just to mention, as I know from experience with my horrible EX home daycare provider, that when someone is caught shoplifting, and they have a child with them that is NOT theirs, that the child is allowed to leave with anyone the parent gives permission to. The store called me to tell me to come pick up my daughter, but I was 45 minutes away. The daycare provider's sister however was only 10 minutes away. I trusted the sister, so I gave the store permission to release my daughter to her. She then took my daughter home with her, where I picked her up. So, thankfully a store(atleast not walmart) will not hand the child over to CPS or anything. They keep the child there with them until someone picks them up.