Sunday

Fun4All Park in Port Jefferson Station, NY

Received Sunday, February 24, 2008
Saturday, (2/23) at approximately 10:45-11:15, I witnessed a nanny and her charge at the Fun4All Indoor Play park in Port Jefferson Station. The nanny was upset because she gave the child orders to meet her by a certain yellow slide and he was not there while she waited for about three minutes and then went to find him- at another yellow slide waiting for her. He was only about three years old and when he was taking off his shoes, I helped him put his shoes back on (the rules). Also my husband was on hand to help give him a boost on a climbing structure. The little boy tried to bond with us, asking us to watch him do this and that. The fact that the nanny was upset because he wasn't there was ridiculous given his age. She was on her cell phone, even as she waited and adult supervision is one of the rules of the place. He was a sweet boy and I didn't mind the interaction with him, but even in a child friendly place such as this, predators lurk looking specifically for the child who is left alone.
Nanny: Approximately 5'5, 150 lbs, straight medium brown hair, medium skin color, Hispanic, brown corduroys, white thigh length sweater with tied sash, black cell phone in a black leather flip case.
Child: Approximately 3 years old, Caucasian, straight white/blonde hair, pale skin, blue eyes, Caucasian, has a very sweet talking voice, was wearing Cakewalk cargo pants with a zipper and pocket on the front of each leg, eggplant color and a striped shirt with many colors and stripes and a silk screen of a tiger on top of that. He had on Adidas short socks and blue leather sneakers with double velcro and the letter N on it. I am not familiar with the brand but the child was clearly well dressed.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

More thank likely the brand name of the shoe is:
'New Balance'
That may help the Parents ID him better.

I hope the kid was o.k.

Anonymous said...

Not so Fun4All, eh?

Anonymous said...

marypoppinzonetoomanypills,
I think anyone would recognize the new balance brand of tennis shoe. I would guess the brand is Naturino. If the child was in fact, well dressed.

Anonymous said...

fuck you helaine

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

i did some research and didn't find any shoes by naturino that had N's on them.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you don't shop where I shop? I just adore Naturino and Falcotto shoes for my little ones.

PS Were you trying to prove me wrong?

Anonymous said...

Whoa!
All I did was suggest 'New Balance' because they have a big 'N' on them, like OP said.

Why do you have to jerk on my moniker Helaine?
Not nice.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I just thought New Balance was a wee bit obvious. Though one can never be certain of the sensibilities of the submitting author.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that 'N' is kinda hard to recognize, it looks like a cursive Z, but really ...
who cares?
Thanks just the same.

Next time I won't offer OP any help ... since all it got me was insulted.

Anonymous said...

Calm down Sally Sensitive,
Helaine apologized.

Anonymous said...

Hello ... look at the TIME, we posted together. I had NOT seen her post yet.

Geesh. I'm outta here.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, now there are status symbol sneakers for three year olds?

Anonymous said...

12:29
is that you helaine? good try.

Anonymous said...

Helaine is just being a stuck up b*tch, ignore her.
Go buy some more crappy shoes that your little ones will adore!
lol Like they know the difference!

Anonymous said...

Anyway.....I thought New balance too and was about to say so, but I saw that MPP said it...followed by a bunch of insults. Having fun yet?

With the good description of his clothes, the parents will have no trouble recognizing the boy if they see this.

And OP is right, this is exactly the kind of place where you want your child supervised very well. And it was Saturday...why couldn't his parents have taken him to play? Very sad.

Anonymous said...

Why are you blaming the parents? Maybe mom is an RN. Maybe both parents are attending a funeral out of town. Stick to what we know.

Anonymous said...

And this is why newbies run like hell after a few posts. 15 comments, most having to do with people fighting over BS.

Anonymous said...

Yes, after all I was only trying to impart my wisdom on MPP. I just assumed that the N of new balance would be readily recognizable.

Whatever shoes this child was wearing, I hope his nanny is outed because as the OP said, this is exactly the sort of child a predator is looking for. And this poor child is looking for someone to pay attention to him.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! The shoe's Helaine posted are freaking cute! I am ordering some as I write this! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

"impart my wisdom on MPP"?

Thanks, but no Thanks.

And to 2:38, you're right. But it always has to start with one rude comment ... like you accidently spell a word wrong (I've been jumped on for that), or you use the wrong grammer/part of speech (I've been jumped on for that), or as it seems now .... MAYBE not having the correct answer to a fuzzy question.

Anonymous said...

12:19
Maybe 1 out of 20 shoes would have an N on it. I don't think Naturino's are as easily identifiable as you think, and really only to someone that would be familiar with the lable.

I wish OP would post back. They would be able to tell by looking at the styles between the two and tell us - since so much of a discussion is happening about them.

Regardless, they are cute as hell, huh?