Tuesday

Michael's Hot Dogs in Highland Park, Illinios

Received Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Great Nanny Sighting at Michael's Hot Dogs in Highland Park, IllGreat Nanny Sighting! Your nanny was covering your little girl's face in kisses. It was such a nice site to see...the nanny wasn't on her phone or preoccupied with other things she was strictly focused on the child. I know that this was not the mother because the little girl kept calling out to the nanny and I could tell that it wasn't mommy that she was saying. I hope the parents see this and know that their baby is being well cared for.
Oh and the nanny had dark brown hair in a pony tail, 7 pocket jeans and a green north face fleece. She was carrying a bag that was navy blue with some green, white and turqoise on it. And for those of you that know how crazy Michael's can be at noon you'll understand even more how nice this was to see!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending in a good story. I am curious though more of what you observed. And the reason why is because I will be hiring my first nanny. Showing affection is the best. I know some mothers who are inadequately able to demonstrate appropriate affection with their children. My concern is what other things should I watch for during a trial period? I would not necessarily think she would or should immediately jump in and start kissing the baby. Anyone?

Anonymous said...

Allow the afection to develop at a natural pace for both child and caregiver, but remeber as the parent you need to be comfortable too. I am a nanny who is very affectionate with the children that I care for. I also however have a solid and open relationship with the parents and they are happy that their children know that they are loved and cared for and are able to show appropriate affection in return. Just go with your gut and keep an open dialouge.

Anonymous said...

2:42 First of all, speak extensively with her references. Ask a lot of questions, and try to see if they have the same criteria for good care that you do. During the trial period, does she seem to really enjoy playing, singing making the baby laugh? Does she come up with creative ways to entertain him/her? Good Luck,
A nanny

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sighting. A warm affectionate person would seemingly make the best nanny.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure this nanny works for my friend, I'm glad to see her being warm to the kids because she isn't always. She yanks them and says mean callous things to them making even me very uncomfortable. I haven't said anything to my friend (who is not closefriend, I know her from our children's school) because I feel the demeanor or tone of this nanny is so obvious that the mom must be aware. Maybe if she just had one of the three kids (if this is the right family) sheis warmer....

Anonymous said...

If you see a Nanny abusing the children she cares for you should by all means tell the parents weather your good friends or not, they have a right to know.