Friday

CL-WTF?

Saturday, August 7, 2010
june cl wtf 3
.... WHAT?!

Feature:
1) Looking for childcare near Barney's (New York)
I'll be doing some temp work over near Barney's and my normal babysitter isn't available during that week From AUG. 16 - AUG. 20, I'm looking for someone to watch my son during that week. I'm not sure of the hours yet, anywhere from 9 -9. Are there any moms or childcare providers in that area? My son is very precious to me and needless to say I'm very protective. I will KILL anyone who tried to harm my child!!! With that said... he's your typical adorable yet stubborn 2 year old. He loves to play in the park for hours at a time. He doesn't talk that much but he will tell you when he wants juice or to eat. He's not potty trained yet. You must have an open door policy because I will stop by unexpectedly to make sure he's ok. And let me know if you plan on going out to the park or anything like that. If your up for the challenge feel free to e-mail me with any questions and prices. Again I'm an overprotective mama and will hurt you if you hurt my child... seriously I'm not kidding
URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/1884887358.html
________________________________________________________________

2) Daddy Daycare (North Carolina)
i am a retired guy looking to suppliment my income, i am cpr and first aid trained, i was a foster parent for many years and i love kids, if i can help or you have any questions let me know. i charge 3 bucks a hour or ill take any homemade cake, pie or cookies you can make in trade, and i can pick up or deliver for 5 bucks a trip.
URL: not provided
________________________________________________________________

3) Sitter (Los Angeles)
This is an unusual request please read thorughly before replying
Male 65, seek Female for companionship for about 4 months.
Three days a week @ 2 hrs hours per day @ 40.00 per hr
There is no house cleaning, must be dependable and have reliable tranportation'
BE OVER 50, race ,size and looks doesn't matter just be real. Open minded
Must be flexible, 626 343 **** PLEASE NO EMAILS
URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/dmg/1885577691.html
________________________________________________________________

4) nanny or child care (San Diego)
I need some one this evening from 630 till 900 or 1000 and then again tomorrow from noon till 800 ...and then sporatic days or nights ...must have a car please text 619 823 **** if you can be in carmel valley del mar tonight ................email as well but I will not be on line until tonight.. rneed child care for my daughter a pre teen girl.
URL: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/dmg/1881211834.html
________________________________________________________________

5) Amazing Nanny Opportunity (New York)
A royal Saudi Arabian family is looking for an American nanny to live with their family year-round! They have a 2 year old daughter and typically spend about 6 months of the year in Saudi Arabia, with the remaining 6 months spent in Western cities around the world: Paris, London, LA, etc. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a very high-profile client, learn about the culture of an emerging world power, and travel the world! We are looking for a seasoned nanny with 10 years of experience, CPR certified, who can make a commitment of at least 2 years with this family. Please send your resume if you qualify and are serious about this incredible opportunity!
URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/dmg/1883990204.html
________________________________________________________________

6) Babysitter/Housekeeper (Miami)
this position its good only for someone how need a place to stay how does'nt have any other obligation like kids and want to get some cash. the duties including but not limite to some cleaning ,cooking, laundry , keep everything organize and clean so we will put hand together . in exchange food reparation , room and board . its a live in possition between 5 to 7 days its depand on ur avail . to be qualified my most be clean very neat, love kids ,patient , fun, must, understand either creole or french, must be over 40 and up MUST NOT HAVE NO CRIMINAL RECCORD , have planty time for your self EVEN A PARTIME JOB must have EXPERIENCE in the housekeeping. we are very nice people when you here ,we are family i can be reach @ 754- 234 **** thank reading if cant plse dont call asking how much i will pay only $160 a week not per day sorry
URL: http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/dmg/1877717373.html
________________________________________________________________

7) sitter needed now (Philadelphia)
i just had my sitter cancel and i am looking for one asap i have to be at work in a couple of hours.. i have two boys that are loud, fun, energetic and wild. if interested please email me right away with address and rates!!
URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/kid/1884036769.html
________________________________________________________________

8) Mature teen babysitter! Today (Las Vegas)
Hello my name is brianna highschool student looking for a part-time babysitting job reliable with refrences three year experince I love children grew up babysitting drug free etremly good with infants if interested please email me poopsy06@**** serious inquires only thankyou .
URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1879939608.html
________________________________________________________________

9) Need a responsible sitter for tomorrow night (Seattle)
Hello, My husband and I are looking for an occasional sitter to hang out with our sweet kids, ages 7 and 19 months. Tomorrow night we would like to go on a date, so we are looking for help with that and also future evening activities that may come up for us. You must have your own reliable transportation and have a creative spirit that know how to connect well with children. Our kids are bright and lots of fun...no behavioral issues. We would love to meet/talk with you tomorrow...we were looking to go out for the evening around 7pm. Let's talk soon! Thanks!
Karli
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1883371375.html
________________________________________________________________

10) Home/Mother's Helper (California)
Hi there,
I am a new mom of a 7 1/2 month old little girl. We moved into a new home during the end of my pregnancy and with the new baby, well, I never got organized or caught up and continue to fall behind with each passing week.
I need someone that can help me organize paperwork, my office, a few closets, and helping whittle down my crap in the garage so that my husband will stop complaining. ;)
I need someone that can help me watch the baby while I scrub down my bathrooms and kitchen as only I can. :)
I need someone that can help me fold wash and keep the CONSTANT stream of laundry moving.
I need someone that doesn't mind taking the baby for a walk in our fancy dancy stroller while I take a shower and shave the cactus stubble off my legs.
I need someone that will happily run the vacuum while I feed the baby.
I need someone to help me take photos of items I need to sell or give away, help me make ads on CL or Ebay, and help me package and ship that crap the heck out of my house. :)
I NEED SOMEONE THAT WILL HELP KEEP ME ON TASK.
You must be comfortable with babies - Feeding, changing, playing. She is still breast fed, but we are incorporating food into her diet currently.
You must not be a smoker.
You must have reliable transportation as you may be asked to make a run to the post office, or to pick us up lunch.
You must be willing to tolerate our two cats.
You must be willing to be flexible in your tasks. Sometimes you will just be watching my daughter while I work. Sometimes you will work while I watch you AND the baby. Other times she will sleep while we scramble to get stuff done together. :)
You must have references that I can check. Please don't use family.
Ideally I will need you 20 hours per week for now. I want to give that a shot for now and see how it goes, I may need more time, or I may need less time. It may make sense to do 5 hours a day 4 days per week, or 10 hours a day 2 days per week. I am open to discussing and working out a schedule that will suit us both and I am not opposed to using a weekend day if that works better for you. Days don't have to be back to back, again, I am flexible. My husband runs his businesses out of the home, so unless he has a gig, or has to do some running around, he will likely be underfoot and adding to the massive amount of filing every day. :)
Compensation - I want this to be fair. Your role isn't too complicated, so $10 - $15 / hour seems fair. It really depends on your experience and how much you get done. It seems fair to start you off at $10 and work our way up from there, depending upon your performance. Please know that while I appreciate someone that is chatty and social, as I am, this is, first and foremost, a job. I have a lot to get done, and if you are helpful in those tasks, know that there will always be more to do! This could be a long working relationship for the right person. :)
Please send me a note telling me about yourself and about your experience working with people in their homes. What is your experience with babies? Do you have any office skills? We will have to work out a time for an interview. For this to work smoothly, you will need to get along with me, my daughter, and to a degree, probably my husband. I look forward to hearing from you! :)
URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/dmg/1880680194.html
________________________________________________________________

11) Unique Governess Position (New York)
Greetings,
This is a very unique opportunity, and experience. Looking for a Governess for my pet parrots. That's right, Parrots.
I work in the fashion industry, and soon to be a television personality, of which, I need some one that can handle vet/grooming appointments, managing my parrot facebook and website accounts, and the usual Governess position.
The candidate must be:
Self motivating
Great communications skills
Must be savvy in facebook, twitter, etc...
Dependable
Extremely Responsible
Caring,and affectionate.
This position is a non pay internship until further notice. Exp. time of internship is 6 wks. Also, Governess must be ok with being filmed.
Thanks for your attention.
URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/dmg/1883903109.html
________________________________________________________________

12) Do U like the "clean-up song"? Then I'm the wrong childcare 4 U! (Pennsylvania)
2 openings.
Meals and snacks provided.
Large Yard with games, toys, a sandbox & bikes.
Supervised computer, books, games & toys for rainy days.
(Limited Television)
Due to the age group I already have,
Preschool age and older is o.k.
No infants or toddlers Please!
Claimed Income = Deduction on Taxes
References available upon request.

RATES:
100.00/week Full Time
25.00 /day Part Time

Although these are my rates, I try to work with parents - their various work schedules, as well as the number of children in a family...
so that childcare can remain affordable.

A semi-humorous note from me:
This is a realistic home setting childcare.
I'm not a 'super nanny,'
Just a mom of 3 boys.

I promote granola, cereal bars, and water,
instead of potato chips, snack cakes, and soda.
The dishes and housework sometimes pile up because I'd rather us be outside.
Yes, I go outside with the kids...
the older ones are not being paid to watch the little guys, that's my job!
The kids won't hear me singing Barney's cleanup song...
(and if you heard my singing you'd know that's a good thing :)
About the only thing they'll hear me 'sing' is
"How many times do I have to tell you boys to NOT throw rocks!?!"

I'm lousy with arts and crafts...
My last pine cone bird feeder effort was a disastrous project
that left parents scratching their heads.
But the peanut butter was good!
I love working in the garden and pointing out the various growth stages of the veggies.
I'm getting nervous though...
the kids keep eying up my tomatoes and cucumbers!!! :)
(the young lady I watch enjoys my flowers)

Circle time???
Yeah, right! I spend more time splitting them up into non-fighting groups! :)

Unlike some places, I don't have a magic light switch.
I can't just switch off on Friday, and forget the kids till Monday.
If one of 'my kids' are home sick, I usually call at one point, because
I want to know if they are feeling better.
When I find a cool barbie house or bike at a yard sale, it's theirs.
Even when I'm 'off duty,' If I'd see one of 'my kids'
in trouble, I'd make time to stop and ask if they're OK...
if they told me they needed help,
I'd surely have their back!

It's summer. It's hot. The kids sometimes grouch at me,
and sometimes I grouch back!
I've found myself apologizing for being grouchy.
But at the end of the day
(and yes! There are days that I'm glad there's an end)
I wouldn't trade the kids I watch...
for anything!

So if you are looking for a perfect provider-
with a painted on artificial happy face that sings the 'I love you' song...
I am the wrong person for your child(ren)!
IF, however, you are looking for a provider who is more like a real parent,
that takes the time to get to know each child for who they are...
then drop me a line.
Wanda
URL: http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/kid/1883715330.html
________________________________________________________________

13) babysitter needed for tonight (Norfolk)
Looking for a responsible, mature girl to watch our 9 yr old daughter tonight from 7pm to midnight in our home. New to the area and know noone. She is a wonderful fun girl who likes to watch movies or do arts and crafts. $10/hr. We can provide transportation if neccesary. Please call asap at 757-986-**** or 207-513-****. If it works out it could be a semi permanent position for Wednesday nights and Friday or Saturday nights
URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1883957664.html
________________________________________________________________

14) single mom in need of serious help (Las Vegas)
I am a single mom of 2 beautiful little girls ages 5 and 13 months. I am a full time student and I don't have a lot of money cause I don't work. I am looking for a live in nanny who can care for my children in exchange for a room in my home. I would ask that u buy your own groceries and help with utilities. A background check will be run, ill explain later. Right now that room is my little girls room but I will clean it out once I find a suitable candidate. I want to hold interviews this weekend in hopes that I can have someone start on Monday morning since my last nanny left with no notice I haven't been to school in a little over a week. Please be drama free! Any questions send me an email. Hope to talk to you soon :)
URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1885274490.html
________________________________________________________________

15) Live in Nanny needed for Mother who travels (New York)
I am hiring a full time, live in nanny. I need a nanny with no other commitments (no children, husband, no other job, not in school etc.) basically a nanny with no life. I know this sounds bad, but unfortunately I travel so much and have such a demanding schedule that I need someone who can be there all the time. You would have two days off a week but the days you work I really would need you to be there all day, 24 hours (with a break for a few hours). I am bi coastal living between NYC and Manhattan Beach CA. I travel frequently and have a busy social and professional life. I have two sons, a 2-year-old and a 3-month-old. I am very caring, generous and try to make things fun for everyone. I know how hard it is to care for young children, especially an active 2-year-old. This position would require you to live in with me and travel from coast to coast, sometimes spending a lot of time in NYC. I have thought of letting my CA nanny stay in CA while I am in NYC if you prefer to not go to NYC and you could stay in my home in CA rent free, of course. I need my nanny to move in and be available 24 hours on the days she works (with a few hours each day to herself). I need someone who is a hard worker and dependable. This is a very demanding and hard position and I need a nanny who can handle the pressure.

All of your living expenses and meals would be taken care of as you would live in my home. As I said if you prefer to stay in CA while I am in NYC that may work and you would just have off those days and would be free to babysit for other families while I am gone or simply take the time off.

I am actually trying to hire a two nannies right now. One for CA and one for NYC. The nanny in NYC would live there full time and run my in home daycare there. She would work with another woman there taking care of no more than 6 children at a time between the two of them. I started the daycare as a nanny share to socialize my son and decided to turn it into a daycare so I had more control over the schedule of my kids, etc. The pay is $350 per week with all of your living expenses, travel, meals, etc. taken care of. Hopefully this sounds like a good opportunity to you and I hope to hear back! Thank you! Lindsay
URL: not available
________________________________________________________________

16) nanny/driver/light housekeeping (Pennsylvania)
I am looking for a personal assistant, this person will need to report to my home at 6:30am in order to transport myself and children to work, school, etc. This will be four to five days a week. Assistant willl then run earns whenn needed, food shopping, post office, etc. Light house keeping as needed/requested, an hour a day! Dog walking 20 minutes a day!

Assistant will then need to pick children up from school (child one 230) (child two 340). Bring children home inorder to eat and start homework! Assistant to then pick me up from work at 5pm!

There will be days that children will need to be picked up or dropped off at social or school
activities! All based on the following hours 630am to 1030 am then 230pm to 530pm. Seven hours a day four to five days a week. If interested person must pass criminal and child abuse screening. Setting up interviews now, please call *kim 717599****, job to start sometime in september. Must be reliable, kid and pet friendly!
URL: http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/kid/1877519020.html

* Response from CL reader:

17) RE: nanny/driver/light housekeeping (Pennsylvania)
Sounds to me like someone lost their driver's license! Did you get busted for DWI or did you lose too many points? I bet you won't tell us. You want the "caregiver" to pass a criminal background check...but can you? This sounds really creepy :)
URL: http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/kid/1877603979.html
________________________________________________________________

18) Housekeeper/Nanny (D.C.)
I have a 2yo son. I work from home and just need someone to watch him while I work. He's the easiest 2 y/o ever. Keeps himself occupied and is very lovable. This is great for someone with limited or no income. Must be attractive, under 30y/o, size 9 or smaller. Wash dishes, sweep, mop, clean bathrooms, fold and hang clothes. 3 bedroom, 2.5 ba 3 level townhome. Beginning date is 9/1 If interested email your stats, and we will arrange a brief meeting (15 minutes).
URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/tlg/1876642172.html
________________________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

19) Looking for SAHM - Leesville (North Carolina)
Looking for a SAHM
That lives 5 miles from leesville rd .
I am a Single mother looking for a full time nanny to watch my 7 yr old daughter. I will need someone who can watch her outside of my home Monday – Friday, after school overnight, sometimes until Sat morning and on occasions with prior notice on the weekends. I am on traveling sales medical equipment so i am never in town, only on the weekends so it is hard to spend anytime with my little one , I need someone that can teach her how to read , how to count , take care of her like she would part of the family.

Requirements:
N:1= Someone I can trust
Must be flexible with hrs.
Non-smoking household
References
Must live within 5 miles of the Leesville area .
Married and SAHM
Someone that is a mother and I am hoping for someone that has a girl same age as my little one . My daughter starts first grade on august 25 . At leesville elementary school .
Please feel free to email me and let me know when is the best time to contact you for an interview .
Thank you
200 to 300 a week
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1877926804.html

* Several responses from angry CL readers:

20) RE: Looking for SAHM - Leesville - OMG (North Carolina)
So this lady want someone to watch her 6 year old daughter M-F all day and all night all week while she travels for work, AND with notice some weekends (cuz after not raising or seeing your daughter all week, partying all weekend is a good choice) ALL FOR 200-300 dollars a week!!!!! How can she expect someone to treat her child as family when she doesnt even treat her daughter as a family member. I hope that when her 6 year old grows up she appreciates all the weeks her mom was out selling medical equipment! Heres the deal, there are millions of single moms that raise children and work full time jobs. MILLIONS! Please re-prioritize your life! If you choose to work this job, where you are gone M-F every week, because you make big bucks- then you should be able to pay a childcare provider a fair rate for RAISING (not babysitting) your daughter. If you are not making bukoos of money then you are very foolish. NO JOB OR AMOUNT OF MONEY IS WORTH JEPORDIZING your daughters sense of security, health, education ect. I feel like social services needs to get involved in your life. I pitty your daughter and truley hope that a responsible adult intervenes in her life. Single parenting is tough, but it is not an excuse. Im SHOCKED at some of the postings on here. This section of craigslist is for childcare. NOT A PET SITTING SERVICE! I wouldnt leave my DOG at a strangers house for 5 days/week. HOW SAD
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1879977319.html

21) RE: SAHM Needed - Leesville (North Carolina)
I'm not trying to judge you. Have you thought about adoption? There are many families who would love to adopt a 6-7 year old girl. Please check into an agency and NOT craigslist for something like this. There are better options if you need someone else to raise your daughter. What about the father? Or relatives?
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1879862476.html

22) RE: SAHM Needed - Leesville (North Carolina)
LOOK CRAIGSLIST IS NOT A BLOG!!! LEAVE THE LADY ALONE SHE POSTED WHAT SHE COULD AFFORD! I RESPECT THAT MORE AS A PROVIDER THAN SOMEONE PRETENDIGN THEY CAN AFFORD SOMETHING THEY CAN NOT! IF YOU CANT ACCEPT HER OFFER THEN LOOK OVER HER AD AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE!!! TIMES ARE HARD AND FOR YOU STUPID CRITICS WHO ARE POSTING ABOUT HER AD WHY DONT YOU OFFER TO PA FOR CHILDCARE FOR HER!! !BOTTOME LINE SHUT UP MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND QUIT JUDGING PEOPLE!!!! IT IS NOT YOUR PALCE OR YOUR BUSINESS GROW UP YOU CHILDISH COWARDS!!!
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1880106360.html

23) RE: Leesville - Don't mistake concern for childish - Who leaves their child for that long? (North Carolina)
I agree, not a blog but people have the right to express concern. Just as you did. It is a sad situation. It is also sad how many people can not spell and expect ANYONE to let you care for their chidren. With your spelling and attitude the children you watch may need someone else as well! What about the fact that she is more concerned about location? She already has someone that is willing to care for her child and she is now concerned about location? What is she thinking?
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1880210935.html

24) RE: SAHM/Leesville - Help is on the way for concerned (North Carolina)
I followed all the posts earlier today about the woman trying to leave her daughter with a stranger to "RAISE"...
Help is on the way. My neighbor is a Wake County Social Worker and said if someone could get an address for this woman they would look into it. So I have several friends replying to her post and as soon as one of us gets a phone number or address I will give my neighbor the information and someone will watch out for this poor little girl. Thanks to all that were concerned. Hope this eases your minds.
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1880755663.html

25) RE: Leesville Lady (North Carolina)
Assuming that none of you have spoke to this woman (because it doesn't sound like any of you have) you are being judgmental jerks. She is not going to just leave her child with just anyone. She will ask for references, run a background check, and meet the people and see the home. She will do what anyone else would do if they were searching for a care provider. Yes she needs more help then most, but not all of us are fortunate enough to get to be with our children every day. She has someone caring for her daughter but obviously she cares enough to find someone else since she has some concerns about the area the person lives in. Are you going to search out all those who have live in nannies that tend to the children 24/7 because they have to work real late or leave town often due to their jobs, or in some cases sheer laziness? I dont see a whole lot of difference. I see that you are concerned, that's fine. But unless you have talked with this person and she showed a total lack of care for her child I'm not so sure you really have much of a right to be nagging on her and bad mouthing her. I wish the woman all the luck in the world finding great care for her child.
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1880913368.html

26) RE: Jerks - Leesville - Did you read the post? (North Carolina)
Look I'm not in this but the lady clearly stated that she was looking for someone to start this week! That's quick to leave your child overnight anywhere...much less advertise that you are not even in town!
From the sound of your post, you could be the woman or you know her so well...why don't you watch the little girl....ummm, bet you can't afford to work for $1 something to $2 something EITHER!
As for the person watching the girl now...if the area was so bad why did she leave her there to begin with... I am beginning to think this is just a scam...
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1881010513.html

27) RE: Leesville - Concern is a good thing! (North Carolina)
Hi, I just wanted to post that all this concern over this little girl, I think just still means people care. If only this much concern was shown to the other little girl who's mom went out of town, just maybe she would still be here. Lets not forget her. This was very recent. So I think "concern" is a good thing. I don't think you can EVER BE TOO CAREFUL with your children or too concerned for someone elses! Lets have a great night and pray for this little girl.
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1881165695.html

28) RE: Leesville - Jerkville (North Carolina)
I AM IN COMPLETE AWW OF HOW MANY PEOPLE TAKE THE TIME TO MIND SOMEONE ELSE'S BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP JUDGING PEOPLE AND START HELPING!!!! THE LADY CLEARLY STATED WHAT SHE COULD AFFORD AND AT LEAST SHE HAS A JOB UNLIKE SOME OF YOU LAZY JUDGEMENTAL JERKS ON HERE! MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS AND LEAVE THIS POOR LADY ALONE!!!!! CRAIGSLIST IS SUPPOSED TO BE A PLACE TO FIND SERVICES NOT FOR IDIOTS TO JUDGE SERVICES OR ADS!!!! LEAVE THIS LADY ALONE AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS.....TELL US WHERE YOU CHILDREN ARE IT APPEARS THEY ARE NOT BEING SUPERVISED BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO BUSY BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1881167281.html

29) RE: Leesville Jerks - Ridiculousland (North Carolina)
Sure , we'll all ignore the fact that you would have to ask for legal custody just to take that baby sitting job. She would only see her daughter 4 times per month..WTF??? Oh , AND POSSIBLY SATURDAYS. EXCUSE ME Although she is probably paying more in child care than most people pay in child support a month.
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1881187283.html
_______________________________________________________________

30) Need childcare in my home!!! (North Carolina)
I am in need of childcare in my home from 7:15am-6:15pm M-F. Will pay $150/week. Experience is needed with references. Reliable transportation, and clean background. Duties primarily include caring for our son at our home. It will also involve meal planning and preparation. May include light housekeeping as it pertains to our son. Please call or e-mail anytime if interested!!!!
919-995-****
919-995-****
If no answer please leave detailed message!!!!
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1879460757.html

* Response from CL reader:

31) RE: Need childcare in my home!!! (North Carolina)
You think that Leesville ad was bad...this one isn't much better, folks:
That's around $2.73 an hour for childcare, meal prep/service & some housework, kids, & you want a NANNY to come to YOUR house?? The minumim wage here in NC is $7.25, people. Don't ask someone to come to your home to watch the kiddies for that rate, esp. if you're going to throw in housework & the like - find yourself a nice little daycare center instead & clean your own house. I highly doubt that the people asking for childcare for such ridiculous rates are working for $2-$3 hourly themselves, & if you can't afford to pay a childcare provider a decent rate (AT LEAST minimum wage), then you need to look at your monthly expenses & cut out whatever isn't an absolute necessity, 'cause it looks like you are living way beyond your means. Stop insulting decent care providers with such ludicrous ads.
And to the Leesville/Brier Creek person - get your head checked & figure out what's most important to you, raising your child or your job. If it's your job, then find someone to adopt your child, since you won't be raising him/her yourself anyway, & if it's your child, you need a different job.
Some of the people posting those types of ads here are just sad sometimes. I highly suggest that serious care providers go someplace like Care.com, Nannies4Hire or Sittercity.com. At least most of the people on those sites are relatively reasonable.
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1879892694.html
_______________________________________________________________

32) Looking for a sitter/nanny (Seattle)
Hello! My family is on the look for a nanny/sitter for our 2 sons. Our current nanny is going to be leaving us soon to persue another career field.

A little about us:
I am 30 years old and my husband is 32. We have been married for 7 years. Our first son is named Cristian and he is currently 8 years old. He will be going into 3rd grade and will be testing for advanced placement in August for the upcoming school year. He loves to play sports and is on a soccer team every fall. Our 2nd son is named James and is currently 4 months old. He is a very easy going, happy baby. He does come with a little bit of health issues but nothing that you would need to deal with yourself. He has a hand, eye and heart defect. In November, the hand defect will be worked on by surgery and he has had one very simple heart surgery about 2 weeks ago.

James is fed breastmilk from a bottle but should be ready for solid food in about 2 months with the occasional bottle.

We are looking for someone that can do the same that our current nanny does. These duties include:
Taking Cristian to school and picking him up during the school year. The school is less than a mile away.
Making Cristian lunch when he doesn't have school.
Light cleaning around the house, just keeping things in order i.e. floor swept and mopped, dusting etc. No heavy cleaning
Grocery shopping
Dinner menu
Dinner Prep
Typical baby care

The grocery shopping is negotiable. If you make a list, we can do the shopping over the weekend.
Hours are Monday - Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm at the latest. These hours can flex depending on when my husband gets home but the pay remains the same even if you are able to go home early.

And what you all are waiting for, the pay. We are paying our current nanny $370 every other friday.

We do require that you be CPR/First Aid certified for infants and children. We also require a background check (at our cost), references and if you will be driving our children anywhere, we will require current auto insurance. We would also prefer that the boys be watched in my home. If you have children, you can bring them with you if you wish! We do have 2 parrots and one medium sized dog.

If this sounds like it would work for you, I would love to hear from you! We are very easy going people and hope that we find a good fit with our family!
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/kid/1885209153.html

* Response from CL readers:

33) RE: Looking for sitter/nanny (Seattle)
You seem to be having trouble finding someone. I'd take a good look at your budget and see if you can really afford a nanny or at home sitter. The amount your offering for the hours, an older child and an infant child (with health problems no less), frankly is very very low. Especially because you want housekeeping on top of it. If you can't afford more try looking at daycare or a SAHM.
Remember a nanny depends on her salary to live.
Also remember-It is illegal to employ a nanny for under minimum wage and to not pay taxes.
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1885248682.html

34) RE: Looking for sitter/nanny (Seattle)
Hello, I read this post and you must be crazy. You are asking an adult to take care of your two children in your home and require other duties as well for about $740 a month! This is beyond outrageous. This equals out to about $3.70 an hour!!!! I, as a mother, am shocked and disgusted by your post. Get real and pay real! I have two children myself, a military husband, and a full time job. My husband works over 80 hours a week when he's not deployed (although he is now) and I am practically a single parent during the week. My children are 11 and 16 months and I pay over $1300 a month for care and this is not in my own home requiring other duties. I come home after work and take care of MY family's eating and cleaning needs....why can't YOU?? Maybe you should prioritize your life so YOU can make your own meal plans for YOUR children and buy groceries for YOUR family. I honestly hope people take caution to your ad because it's not only way ridiculous, but it just doesn't seem ethically right!

P.S. Why did you post an ad on August 4th with the words "one last post" if you were just going to post it again on the 6th? Did you realize that someone would be crazy to work HARD for your $3.70 an hour???
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1885334905.html
_______________________________________________________________

35) Weekend babysitter needed (Atlanta)
Hello, My family will be moving to the Newnan, GA area within the next couple months. As such, we are seeking a weekend babysitter for our 3 yr old son. At this time, I am not sure if I will need both Saturday and Sunday, or just Saturday. But I will know within the next few days and will adjust this posting accordingly. He will be kept in preschool during the week. The hours I need covered are from 7am-6pm. Looking for either someone to come to our house or else we would happily bring him to your home. Prefer a home with other children his age to socialize with. He is potty trained, but understandably still needs some help afterwards. References are required. We will provide lunch if he is taken to your home, but he will need to have dinner.
Please contact me via my email and provide a list of references and your address.
Daily rate of $20/day
Also, you MUST be able to provide a two week notice if you can no longer baby sit our son so that we have adequate time to find a replacement. Email: thegecko100@****
URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/kid/1876699137.html
_______________________________________________________________

36) Babysitter needed ASAP (Dallas)
Must Be AT LEAST 16YRS OF AGE IF UNDER 18 WILL NEED TO SPEAK WITH A PARENT TO VERIFY THEY KNOW WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING. I HAVE 3 BOYS AGES 8,6,AND 4. I AM NEEDING A BABYSITTER FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS 4:00 UNTIL 10:30PM. MY HUSBAND AND I WORK NIGHTS AND ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF A RELIABLE BABYSITTER ASAP. PLEASE CALL ME TO HEAR ALL DETAILS 817-637-****. THERE WILL BE SOME FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS YOU WILL NOT BE NEEDED. SO YOU WILL HAVE SOME WEEKEND TIME OFF. BUT ITS TOO COMPLICATED TO TELL YOU BY THIS ADD I WOULD MUCH RATHER SPEAK WITH YOU IN PERSON!! MY NAME IS ASHLEY IF YOUR INTRESTED GIVE ME A CALL. THANKS!! MUST BE RELIABLE, RESPONSIBLE, AND HAVE 3 VERIFIABLE REFRENCES. THANKS!!! DINNER IS PROVIDED AS WELL AS ANYTHING I GOT IN THE FRIDGE OR CABINETS FOR SNACKS!! I HAVE CABLE AND INTERNET ACCESS SO SHOULDNT BE TOO HARD OF A JOB!! CALL ME THERE WILL BE WEEKENDS YOU WILL HAVE OFF SO JUST CALL ME FOR ALL THE DETAILS!! $40 A WEEK PAID BI-WEEKLY! WHEN I GET PAID YOU GET PAID FOR TWO WEEKS.
URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/dmg/1878779924.html
_______________________________________________________________

37) help sitter asap (North Carolina)
Hello, my name is Jennifer. I am a single mother of a 7-year-old son. I am looking for a sitter as of this week for a couple nights a week. It will be different every week but you will always have a couple days heads up, and very FEW weekends. The time is from 6 p.m. until about 3 a.m. Yes, late hours but it is very easy cause my son is to be in bed by 8:30. He just has to have his homework done and have eaten dinner which I should have prepared before leaving, then you can watch TV or sleep yourself. I have a guest bedroom as well. With that being said and with the economy being rough, I can pay $30 a night. If you are interested, then please contact me. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon. 336 988 ****
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1879532400.html
_______________________________________________________________

38) Room/Utilities in Xchange for housekeeping/childcare (California)
Hi,
need solid reliable part time housekeeper, assistant.
Duties would be drop off 8 year old at school at 8am (3 min. away),pick up from school 2-3 days per week and staying home 3-4 nights per week...
I am going thru nite school and occasional evenings out, and need a reliable person that enjoys staying in at night.
No drugs, clean driving record, insurance and interview important.
The bedroom is furnished with tv. The home is 2 years new and there is storage area and garage.
No overnite visitors, but your days are free mon-friday 9-5 and every weekend you are pretty free... we can discuss a flexible plan.. this position is available asap. Thanks!
URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/dmg/1880545880.html
_______________________________________________________________

39) Part-time babysitter needed (Philadelphia)
I am a single mother with a soon to be 5 year old son, who is very loving. I am looking for an experienced babysitter for two nights a week (Wed. and Fri.) while I go to work from 5-11pm. I'm a full time college student, and only work part-time, so I can only afford $15 a night. He can be watched at my house or I can bring him to your house if you live in the area. This position will start ASAP. I graduate around May 2011, so there is potential for a set part-time position if you consider the offer. Thank you.
URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/dmg/1883622372.html
_______________________________________________________________

40) babysitter needed (Pittsburgh)
Looking for a reliable sitter for next weekend either friday or satruday nite at our home for 3 boys ages 5, 4, 3mts. Must be non smoker have refrences, knowing cpr is a plus. pay is 3.00/hr plus tip if house remains in condition left in. must know how to take care of an infant and be able to handle two very active toddlers. One is completley potty trained, they other is in pullups and needs assistance. If interested please email me. thankyou
URL: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/kid/1875375084.html
_______________________________________________________________

41) on call sitter needed (North Carolina)
Sitter needed in my home when dead beat dad cancel on his weekends and i have to still work.
If needed it will be every other Saturday from 8m till 3pm
I would also like to use you on a Friday night. For some mommy time (6hrs max)
3 kids ages 8yrs old 7yrs old and 5yrs old
If I need you on Saturday it will be $40.00
If I need you on a Friday night it will be 20.oo
I think this job would be perfect for a teenager 16 and up please. Must know CPR and have some first aid training
If you think this might be the job for you please feel free to contact me for interview.
URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/1877584837.html
_______________________________________________________________

42) In need of childcare in my home (Las Vegas)
Hi, I am in need of a sitter 6 days a week for two children ages 6 and 2 and a half. I would need someone that is at least 18 years of age, with a reliable car, DL and insurance to pick my son up from school come the end of Aug. I would like someone that has experience with kids, and is trust worthy and loving that is dependable. This person needs to be drug and acohol free. I need someone to come to my home. My kids are very outgoing and easy to take care of. The hours would mostly be between 9 hours a day. I would need someone to be willing to bath them and make sure that they have meals and put them to bed. I need someone asap. If you are interested please email me. Thanks so much for your time. I am looking to pay 100 to 130 a week.
URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1881609430.html
_______________________________________________________________
Special thanks to naylev for our Feature Ad... and to the following Readers for their Contribution this week: ktasker07, starcutie83, wordgirl615, goldman.arielle, nannybee, nirvanalives, hijabiniqaabi, krupitzerb, mbargielski, nannydebsays and cinder38... all of you did an awesome job! Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO. Don't forget to include the Links and the Body of the text, if possible!

----> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE! <----










DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW - THEY WILL BE DELETED! PLEASE CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT - THANK YOU!




No comments: