Wednesday

CL-WTF?

Saturday, June 26, 2010
june cl wtf 5
.... WHAT?!

Feature:
1) Unique family seeks open-minded nanny (Boston)
Hello :) We are currently seeking a nanny for our three children. We have a 4 year old daughter, a 6 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. We would be looking for someone who is flexible during the week and who can offer an occassional weekend (though this would be very rare). Even better if you are looking for a live-in position, but not neccesary. Our family is very unique so we would need you to be very open-minded. For starters, we are naturists. If you do not know what that is, please google it before contacting us. We would be looking to pay around $25 per hour. Please contact us if you are interested and include information about yourself and your experience as well as a contact number so we can call you to set up an appointment. Thank you!
URL: http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/kid/1805251143.html
______________________________________________________________

2) Nanny Wanted (D.C.)
So, I've been feeling really lazy lately. I don't want to do most of my stuff alone, so I thought of the best way to get it out of the way! Getting a nanny! Unfortunately, I cannot pay at the moment since I am jobless and I am living at my parents house. Oh, and I'm 17. Turning 18 soon. But, if/when I do get a job, I'll be sure to make pay possible. Maybe. So yeah, if you're a person who is willing to take care of me for free, please send me an e-mail. Would be great having some help around the house. Thanks :)
URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/dmg/1811576510.html
______________________________________________________________

3) Im simply me! 4 dollars and hour (Denver)
Well ive posted on here a few times , And let me tell ya theres some individuals that like to judge a little to fast for thier own good so heres the situation at its fullest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live on federal blvd on the south side of town in a 2 bedroom apartment ! I am 27 years old and a mommy of two awesome boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not do drugs nor do i drink !!!!!!!!!!!!! I do smoke ciggerettes but not around my kids .I have crappy teeth due to an ex past relationship when i was much younger and yes hes no longer in my life i was physically abused ! I unfortunatly can not afford to fix them at this moment in time ! So now that you know that when you meet me im a pretty gal but my teeth are not lol okay if your still reading this heres some great things about me! I love my kids they are the world to me! I am just looking to make some money and it would make me feel good if i was actually helping someone that needs me mabey thats you ? I seen an ad and nearly chocked this lady was asking 13 dollars an hour wow wow wow !!!!!!!!!!!thats why i mainly decided to put this ad up lol .Anyways i have plenty of movies and books and toys and a computer for the older kids that like to play pc games i also have an xbox 360 for the boys!I am hoping to watch only one other child mabey 2 other kids besides my own im not running a day care so no i do not have a license this would be private care only !Im a real kicked back person and have a lot of patcience ! I have the kindest heart ! Again im looking for someone that is really needing the help and someone that will not judge a person in the first five minuets of meeting them lol come on lol my teeth are the way they are look then get over it ! if you need me you know how to reach me my name is summer seven two zero four seven nine **** !
URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/kid/1806156891.html
______________________________________________________________

4) Childcare needed (Milwaukee)
Mother at witts end. Cant do it anymore! looking for someone to care for my well behaved children (girls ages 7 3 and 2). The girls are fine for everyone else- but when it's me me me me all the time, they act up to get my attention. Seems like I cannot enjoy my children anymore, I need to get away from them so I can love being a mother again. E-mail me with your rates and experiance, my home or yours Thanks
URL: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/kid/1794994699.html
______________________________________________________________

5) Play at the waterpark with my kids this sat (Seattle)
Need someone to help watch my kids at a water park so my husband and I can go down slides. My 4 month old is breastfed so she can not be left. We will take care of her too. Also we have a 2 yo. So we will share sitting time when we have the kids you get to play on your own or you can hang with whichever one of us does not have the kids. So sorry no cash but you get a free pass to a water park. And if you have kids 2 or younger they are free and can come along we will watch your kids when we have ours so we all have free time.
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/dmg/1806662474.html
______________________________________________________________

6) need sitter!!! (Seattle)
We need a sitter so we can go out & party! We will pay good for trustable fem to watch 2 girls 4 & 8 ! Get back to us!
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/dmg/1809559724.html
______________________________________________________________

7) Im in need of childcare (Las Vegas)
Looking for childcare for my 4yr lil girl... looking for someone located close to the North 5th and 215 ( centennial)

my daughter starts school in August and im looking to have some one that she can be with thorugh the school yr and on..I dont want to have to jump babysitter

available Mon. - sun up to 12am(worst case) intrested email me!
URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1811767989.html
______________________________________________________________

8) I need someone tomorrow night (Las Vegas)
I need someone to watch my baby tomorrow (saturday june 26) night from 9pm - 12pm please email me for more details
URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/1811500141.html
______________________________________________________________

9) Babysitter needed TONIGHT (Friday 6/25) (Chicago)
I'm looking for a sitter tonight for my 8 year old from approximately 6-10 pm. Will pay $10.00 per hour. High School student is fine!
Please call me on my cell at (843)267-**** Thanks :)
URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/dmg/1810072170.html
______________________________________________________________

10) Attention: Male Nannies! (Chicago)
Large family with children (ages 2-12) seeks full-time MALE Nanny to work. Must have 2+ years of previous nanny experience, possess a valid driver's license and have legal status to work in the US. Seeking a warm, friendly nanny who is willing to work nights and weekends and travel with the family as needed. Must have long-term intent (2+ years min). The ideal candidate will have a true love and passion for caring for children and be willing to be flexible to the needs of the family. Position includes a generous salary and benefits package. Send resume to natasha.balivanov808@**** for more information.
URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/dmg/1809260900.html
______________________________________________________________

11) sitter needed in my home - make some extra $$ (Norfolk)
Looking for a sitter to watch my children in my home OVERNIGHTS!! Need responsible dependable ADULT to watch my children while I am at work. Very low maintence job, not being partial (well kinda) but have great kids. Doesn't require any house care. Kids asleep when you get there. only need care in the morning when they wake up and only for an hour or so until i get home. But have to have someone there overnights since i will be at work.
This is NOT a summer position only! if you are starting/going back to high school in august DO NOT RESPOND!! Posted job before but had a lot of no shows for interviews and a lot of high school students respond. I work all year thus need a sitter all year. must be available until 9am. Paying as much as i can afford which is the average rate I see on here for overnights. If you are looking at making this your full time job, you maybe wanna change your mind. I don't have 5-6kids to pay for, lol. This is a GREAT job for someone looking to supplement their income, or earn a little extra. I mean really..... you sleep most of the time and get paid for it!!!! I would love a job like it but when I stay home, I dont get paid lol.

(if you work in williamsburg and responded before, my spam file emptied before i could respond to you. please email me back. would like to talk with you!!!!!) no spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1802481001.html
______________________________________________________________

12) DAY CARE AT MY HOME (HOME MADE CAKE) (PA)
I have year of experiences taking care of children from newborn to 5 years old. I am approved from the Cumberland County District to care for children from moms that have to work or return to school. For summer day care WE WILL TEACH THEM CRAFTS AND LITTLE CHEF CLASSES ( COOKIES, CUPCAKES, ETC). The hours are up to you.

We provide brekfast, lunch and snack.

For more information please call at (717-701-**** ) to get address. Tambien se habla espaƱol.

HOME MADE CAKE: I make cakes for all ocasions: Birthday, Baby Showers, Wedding, Sweet sixteens, ect. I have an album to show you.
Call Cynthia or Maria. We live close from Dickinson College and W. High Street.
URL: http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/kid/1802020437.html
(Note: reason for posting; ad has funny photos)
______________________________________________________________

13) We are looking for a LIVE-IN mother's helper (Nashville)
We are currently looking for a LIVE-IN Mother's Helper. This position is a LIVE-IN ONLY position. It is an exchange position, not a paid position. In exchange for part-time help during the week days, we will provide a private bedroom, furnished or not, w/cable and internet access, and all meals/food are provided. We will also offer a new mobile phone with GPS, Internet, TV, and unlimited calling, text, picture mail plan that we pay for as long as you are with our family.

We are a fun-loving, close knit Christian family that loves to travel and play outside whenever the weather permits.

I am very flexible and am a stay at home mom, but I am a single mom of four children, (dad visits about 6 times a year from CA). I only need assistance with our 2 year old identical twin daughters, as my sons are 9 and 10 yrs old and don't require any childcare. I need another set of hands off and on throughout the day. Sometimes for outings to park, pool, play centers, (I need another adult to help with the twins). Nights and weekends would always be free. Weekly hours would be 8am to noon, 7am to noon when school starts back, and from whenever the girls wake up, (they usually nap from noon until 3 or 4 each day), from when they wake up until dinner is over and cleaned up. Monday -Friday from noon until 3 or 4 would typically be free, (some days, I just need an adult here while they are napping so that I can run errands, etc).


The primary responsibilites would be someone helping me maintain and keep our home clean, laundry done, dishes done and kitchen kept clean, vaccumming, weekly cleaning, (such as bathrooms, dusting, etc.)

The person we are looking for is a non-smoking, Christian woman that is patient, nurturing, responsible, reliable, motivated, organized, self-starter that has previous childcare experience. We are silly and fun and would like someone in our home that also has a fun and optimistic outlook.

Travel with our family with all expenses paid is an option, but not a requirement. Please do not inquire about this position, if you have children of your own that still live at home. We have a large home with lots of room, but only one bedroom available.

I am open to college students and those with another job and am willing to be flexible to work around those things during the week as long as we can figure out a schedule that makes sense.
If this position sounds of interest, please call my mobile at 919-332-****. Thank you.
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807262461.html
______________________________________________________________

14) childcare needed ASAP (Chicago)
we are in need of a very reliable, flexible sitter monday ther friday until july 17th. i can only afford to pay $20 a day. our daughter is 2 very well behaved, just finished potty training, loves thomas & dora. all i ask is u dont keep her in front of the tv the entire time. read her books, take her to the park, play trains or blocks. we have a dog but you dont have to do anything with him. the hours vary day to day but will be between 4 & 8 hours on avg. which is why i need someone flexible. if you have a child of ur own i encourage you to apply. perfect for sahm, or college student. please respond asap the positon starts tomorrow.
URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/kid/1801398523.html
______________________________________________________________

15) Male seeking family in need of big brother situation 4 your son (Nashville)
Today there are so many boys that are without a father or a male role model in their lives. I grew up in a home with such a great father and I know the importance of having that support and example. I am looking to work with one or even two families that would like to have their child be around someone that could really talk to them and just have a good time at the basket ball court, swimming, ChuckECheese, zoo and so on. I have worked with children for years and I know that this isn't considered the norm but I am great with children and would love to be a big brother to your child. I am even considering opening a summer program for boys with out father role models to build self esteem and show them a good examples. Thanks
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1804866983.html

* Response from CL readers:

16) RE: Male seeking family in need of big brother situation 4 your son (Creepyville) (Nashville)
Seriously? I cannot believe this posting! Any normal adult with good intentions knows very well that there are several organizations out there that are in need of healthy adult volunteers to be a positive influence in the lives of children and teens.

And they do full screening and background checks! I was shocked to see that no one responded to this and I hope that is because it is a "no brainer" that no one should contact this guy.

Big Brothers / Big Sisters is available and probably dying for qualified volunteers. Also, any agency that works with foster children not only looks for foster parents but other adults to provide help in additional areas. If this "gentleman" is serious about wanting to be a positive influence to young boys without a positive male figure in their life, he has plenty of resources to go to. Perhaps he is not up for a screening and background check?
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807082567.html

17) RE: Male seeking family in need of a big brother situation 4 your son (Judgementalville) (Nashville)
SERIOUSLY! okay, I know this is NONE of my buisness, as much as it is NONE of yours. Maybe the guy REALLY is just trying to be a nice guy, and help a family out. I cant stand all of you judgmental people! grow up and leave the man alone! If someone feels that this guy is legit, then let THEM deal with it. I didnt know Craigslist had "patrol." geez, get off your high horse and leave people alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807148895.html

18) RE: Male seeking family in need of a big brother situation 4 your son (Idiotville!!!) (Nashville)
To the original RE poster,
YOUR A FREAKING MORON! Seriously?....I'm almost lost for words. I am a SAHM and childcare provider and see NOTHING wrong with a male wanting to be a good role model for a young boy/teen. I think it's OUTSTANDING actually! Also, where did he say he was doing it for FREE? Um, he didn't! You tell him to go 'Volunteer" when this guy is most likely trying to earn a HONEST LIVING. YEAH OK! You quit your job and go volunteer. Okayyyy didn't think so! So I'm just wondering but why do you think just because he is a male that he can't take care of a kid? My husband is a male and he can take care of our son just fine. Just because someone may not be a parent doesn't mean they can't take care of a kid and just because of someones gender also doesn't disqualify them as being good childcare providers. If I was a single mother with a pre-teen boy then I would definately hire someone (Given they where checked out first and stuff) to be a role model and friend and to teach him 'boy' stuff!

People like you really piss me off. It's your ignorance that helps to make the world like it is.
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807223337.html

19) RE: Male seeking family in need of a big brother situation 4 your son (Cautionville) (Nashville)
In a day and age when children turn up missing, dead, held captive and severely abused ALL THE TIME, I will call out a suspicious posting ALL DAY LONG.

Maybe if some people didn't work so hard on "minding their own business" or being "politically correct" all the time some parents out there would still be able to hug their children. Maybe we wouldn't hear stories such as the one of Jaycee Dugard, held captive for 18 years in a RESIDENTIAL neighborhood.

I'm not saying this person is unhealthy, but it is better to be cautious and require a full screening and background check for anyone that will spend time with your children. If some healthy adult is insulted, so be it. If just one child is spared abuse, injury or death and one parent is spared a terrible loss, it is well worth insulting someone.

And frankly, any intelligent individual would expect parents to be suspicious of such a posting and would not be insulted at all.

Shame on you and anyone else that tries to belittle people for looking out for the safety of innocent children in their community, whether it be real or virtual, we all must be vigilant. After all, we live in a world where our neighbors don't look out for each other anymore. Everyone is too busy trying to survive and pay their bills. I guess if someone takes the time to look out for their fellow man, woman or child, they also risk being ostracized by people like you.
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807231300.html
______________________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

20) Need babysitter/childcare for my 2 daughters (California)
I have recently moved to the Sacramento area and landed a new job. I am looking for someone to watch my two beautiful, sweet and easy to care for daughters. Below is a list of what I will need and what I can offer:

Days would be Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Hours would be 8:30am to 4:00pm
Ages are 7 and 2 1/2 (oldest girl will only need care until school begins in August)
You can watch them at my house or I can commute to yours if less than 15 minutes away (if watched at my home all food and amenities will be provided for you and the kids)
I can pay $30/day and pay schedule would be every two weeks ($360/month) --additional evening hours a few times a month are also available for extra money

**Please note, we have 2 large dogs...sweet as can be and big, beautiful teddy bears that are like our other kids, but I like to make that known incase that is a problem for anyone.**

Would prefer someone long-term, not just for the summer...but if you are the right person for the job, we may be able to negotiate that. Having someone I can trust with my kids and that will be good to them is very important to me. If you are interested or can help, please contact me! Thank you!
URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/1800983059.html
______________________________________________________________

21) babysitter needed fulltime (Ft. Bragg)
I need a very reliable babysitter in my home in bragg to care for my 8months son and 9 yrs old daughter.. your only job need most is to watch, feed and play with the kids while we at work.. both of us Army so we need your help. Must be able to come on time 0530am and finish 0530pm.. u can have them in ur home or in mine.. if they gonna be at your home, u have to come get them though.. we are able to pay 200 every 2 weeks.. u must be able to start monday.. thanks
URL: not available
______________________________________________________________

22) Professional live-in Nanny needed (N.C.)
I am looking for a live-in nanny to help care for my infant and energetic dog from 25JUN10 until 1OCT10. I work from 0530 until 1700 Monday through Friday. You will have nights and weekends free. We have wireless internet and cable TV. The nanny's room is furnished and has its own bathroom. You will not be required to pay rent or utilities and you will receive $150 /week. I prefer a nanny to have some early childcare classes. Experience and references are a must. You must have a valid driver's license. Qualified candidates can send an email to schedule an interview.
URL: http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/kid/1800965010.html
______________________________________________________________

23) Sitter needed for summer in home for 8yo (Toronto)
Hello I am looking for a responsible, fun, and reliable sitter to look after my 8 year old daughter Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm for the summer, $150 per week in my home.
We are looking for you to start the week of July 19th until school starts.
This would be a perfect first job for a student in grade 9 or 10. If you are interested in learning more about what the job entails please e-mail me. Look forward to hearing from you.
Please note only interested in a sitter who works from my home.
URL: not available
______________________________________________________________

24) Childcare needed (Dallas)
I am looking for a female to Watch my 4 month old son 2 or 3 days a week for 6ish hours each IN MY HOME. i will let you know up front i DO have NANNY CAMS in my home and i will review them from time to time. i dont care if your on your phone or the internet as long as my son is not being neglected!!! I DONT CARE IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN CHILD AS LONG AS YOU PROVIDE THERE FOOD. I can not afford much more that $50 or $60.00 for the days combined. I would like to have someone who is a mother themselves or someone with LOTS of experience and references(not your family/friends but people you've worked for.) You would always have Wed. Sat. and Sun. totally off because im off and your work hours would be from 11:15am till 5:30 or 6:30pm. There will be no extra work needed. no cleaning cooking clothes etc...just watching, feeding, playing with him changing his diaper.. VERY EASY work!!! Please respond asap im looking for someone to start next week. thank you in advance
URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/kid/1805133680.html
______________________________________________________________

25) Overnight in MY home childcare needed (Nashville)
I need someone with references that can come to my house near the airport off murfreesboro rd to watch my 2 and a half yr old son. Also, I have a miniature schnauzer puppy that will need to go out once or twice a night in the yard. Hours will be 7 or 8 until 3am. You can spend the night if you want so you don't have to leave at 3 am. I can only afford about $25 or $30 a night. Nights will change weekly but will be 3 of these: Tue, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun. Thank you very much!! Need asap, but i will not settle for less.
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1805452889.html
______________________________________________________________

26) Babysitter Needed (Denver)
PLEASE read this ad carefully and completely before responding.
I have 3 children. Two girls, 4 1/2 yrs and 3 yrs old and a 6 month old boy. They are good kids but they are a handful. All I require from you is that you feed them, change the baby, play with them, and make sure they don't get hurt. Very, very light housekeeping. You must have a car that can accomidate 3 car seats. My 4 1/2 year old has to be taken to and/or picked up from preschool on certain days which means you have to take all of them with you. I have a 2008 toyota camry and it can fit all three seats so I'm not needing you to have an SUV or van or something but I do expect it to be in good working condition and safe for my kids. Im not able to pay much, $30 a day for 9-10 hours. I am hoping in about 6 months or so that I will be making more money and will be able to then pay more a day.
I am wanting someone who is doing this for some extra cash and not someone who needs this position as a sole income type thing. I am needing someone who has an open schedule and is flexible with times and days. My schedule as of now is 5 days a week. Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Unfortunately that is subject to change but not anytime soon. You have to be reliable and punctual. If your late I'm late. There is also a strong chance I will be late getting off work because things do get hectic sometimes at work, especially the weekends. This is where the flexibility comes in. I will explain more in detail during interview.
Experience taking care of children and infants is necessary. It doesn't have to be in a professional capacity but I would like references. It can be with your own children, or siblings growing up, or nieces and nephews as long as its frequent and not just a once in a blue moon thing. I need to find someone in the next 2-3 weeks or so. Im located near Mississippi and Havana.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND IF YOU ARE NOT OK WITH PRICE OR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OPEN SCHEDULE. THANK YOU.

P.S. To all of you who will put up postings saying that i'm being unreasonable or whatever...consider this: I am a single mom of 3 who makes $9 an hour so $30 a day is about half my paycheck as it is. The other half has to go for diapers, wipes, gas, clothing, utilities, and other household items. So what are my other options?
URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/kid/1805972678.html
______________________________________________________________

27) $20 a day Full or Part time (Norfolk)
***********************$20.00******************************
Two grandmothers missing thier grandbabies are looking for two children to watch. All meals provided, the parents bring is diapers and formula. We have an inground pool, Castle swing set, fenced in yard and much more to do while the children are here. Your kids will have fun. 10 years in the daycare business. hours are 7-6pm, Monday- Friday. ages NEWBORN and up. For more information please call 757-499-****. This is a house phone. If I am not home please leave a message and I will get back to you as promt as possible. Thanks. :)
URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1804566589.html
______________________________________________________________

28) Looking for night daycare (Madison)
Hello
I am looking for daycare for my 2 year old daughter. The hours would be 2pm till anywhere from 7pm-9pm. It would be at $2 an hour. Monday-Friday. If you are interested please feel free to e-mail me references, info about yourself and I will need someone by July 12th. Thanks
URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1809045037.html
______________________________________________________________

29) Looking for childcare ASAP (Arkansas)
I am looking for childcare ASAP. My last sitter pulled out last minute. If you think your going to screw me over than don't even reply. Not trying to be rude but I need someone reliable. I have a 1 year old little girl. I currently work part time and need childcare for her when I am working. My hours range from 10am to 9pm Monday thru Sunday. I always work Saturday and Sunday. Saturday could be any shift and Sunday would only be from 12-6. So I need someone who can do this days and nights. I will always give my schedule at least a week in advance. My daughter has always been good for her sitter and she can be fun. I need someone with patience and someone who is dependable and loves children and has experience with them. I want someone who either has kids or has watched them before. I can't afford alot as I am working only part time currently. I was paying $10 a day for a full day before and I would like to keep that about the same. I usually work from 3 - 4 days a week. I also want someone that has a smoke free home. I dont want my daughter around that. If interested please email me at spencer06@**** or you can call me at 531-****. Also let me know what you provide.
URL: http://fayar.craigslist.org/kid/1806901638.html
______________________________________________________________

30) Need a reliable sitter (Norfolk)
I recently withdrew my 2 youngins from daycare, it was too much to pay. I need someone 5 days a week. Probably in my home because all of their stuff is here but I'm not set on it. I need help while I look for a job, then once I got one I'd let you know the new schedule. I'd also like someone who wouldn't keep them in the house all day, they hate that. One of my kids does have a serious medical condition, but it wouldn't effect your care for them at all. All I'd ask is that you take CPR training (just in case), which we can do together because I need to brush up on it too. It's really no big deal in the day-to-day scheme of things, but I do want to put it out there so you know, and if you don't think you can handle it then neither of us have to waste our time. You must be a non-smoker.

If you're interested, and serious, please email me with your information and how much you charge. I live in Newport News, near the mall. The most I can pay is $100 a week. I mean that, don't email me asking for more.

PS- They went to a Christian daycare, and I'd like to keep them in that same environment
URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1799304818.html
______________________________________________________________

31) Looking for a Nanny or Babysitter (California)
We are looking for a nanny/babysitter to care for our amazing 20 month old daughter. The schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM. The position is in the country outside of Sebastopol.

JOB DESCRIPTION
a.) Primary Responsibilities

• Care for Child each day- daily shower/bath, clean clothes, brush hair, feeding/making her healthy lunch and snacks, changing, daily medication, entertaining, taking walks, playing outside a lot, teaching her age appropriate skills.

• We do not like the television on unless she is sleeping.

• Provide constant communication with both parents on a daily basis through daily activity
sheets, and phone calls.

• To promise physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of our daughter.

• Comply as closely as possible with family’s preferences regarding child rearing
and discipline.

• Tend to children’s personal hygiene, health, welfare and physical safety.

• Be reasonably flexible regarding emergencies and unexpected changes in the family’s schedule

• Maintain a daily log and/or daily communication with family concerning the children.

• Be responsible, reliable and punctual at the start of the day and for appointments and activities.

• Have efficient time management of child care tasks and all other related duties.

• Promote feelings of security and warmth by enjoying daily cuddle, read, and talk time.

• Read/review any pertinent literature provided by employer in order to promote broader knowledge of child rearing philosophy, education, and child psychology.

b.) Secondary Responsibilities
• Housekeeping- Keep the kitchen, family rooms, and nursery tidy. Help child to pick up her toys (when necessary). Load & unload dishwasher.

THE FAMILY WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING FOR THE NANNY:
• Access to our daughter's pediatrician or family physician for information on her well being and development.

• Adequate funds to cover developmentally appropriate games, books, learning, aids and/or outside activities.

• Food- as reasonably requested for nanny’s lunches

• Meet with Nanny one time per month (or as needed) to discuss job performance
and the events of the past month. (Nanny describes activities of preceding
period, plans for upcoming

QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates can make at least a one-year commitment. Candidates should meet all of the following criteria:

- At least two to three years of childcare / nanny experience with young children

- Fluency in English, both speaking and reading

- Reliable, outgoing, patient, loving, kind-hearted, enthusiastic, responsible, neat, and clean

- California driver's license with a clean driving record and own car

- U.S. Citizen (or legally allowed to work in the U.S.)

- Non-smoker

- Willing to do take daughter to her outside activities, such as My Gym, Mommy and Me Yoga and Lil Kickers.

COMPENSATION:
We have worked out a financial plan with our past nanny that worked with our budget, but was also a fair compensation to her. We usually paid a flat rate each month (half in the beginning of the month & the remaining during the middle or towards the end of the month) that worked out to be about $8-$9 dollars per hour. Our nanny would receive this flat rate regardless of her hours. For example if we came home early from work, we stayed home due to our daughter being sick or if we were gone on vacation our nanny would still get the flat rate that we agreed upon. So many months her wage worked out to be about $10/hour or more.

HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send an email to us describing your background and experience along with desired salary. We look forward to hearing from you!
URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/kid/1800805567.html
______________________________________________________________

32) Reliable responsible sitter/nanny needed (Seattle)
I have 2 boys, ages 9 mo & 2 1/2 yrs..I work a rotating schedule and typically need care 7-10 days per month from 9-6. They are usually weekdays. My home or possibly yours. I have a cat and 2 large dogs so anyone allergic to pets probably wouldn't be good fit. I prefer someone with experience and that will be able to provide some structure and summer fun. I am working a small budget and can offer $35.00 per day. I can provide food and snacks as well. please email any responses. Thank you
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/dmg/1811680879.html
______________________________________________________________

33) NEEDED: Part Time Childcare (Chicago)
Hello! Here is what I NEED condensed into one (run on) sentence.

"A reliable, flexible, caring and mentally sane individual living within 3 miles of my home with a high desire to provide affordable in-YOUR-home childcare 1-2 days a week for my 3 year old daughter."

Here is what I DO NOT NEED in a nice bulleted list :)

1) A nanny.
2) Someone looking for $10 an hour (or $9, or $8, etc.)
3) Someone beyond 3 miles of my home (I'm near Fellows St and 3rd St in St. Charles, so perhaps you can check on Yahoo! Maps or Google maps)
4) Someone who needs me to work around their schedule.
5) Someone who cannot commit to at least 6 months (this IS NOT a summer job).

Here are a few more specifics:

I work in an industry with deadlines, so I will need someone who is flexible.

As of right now, it looks like my daughter will be going to all day preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I will TYPICALLY not need you Tues. or Thurs. I will almost ALWAYS need you on Wednesday and possibly some Mondays. As for my daily schedule, I am technically supposed to work from 9am to 6pm, however, there will be plenty of days where I'll need you a bit earlier and perhaps as late as 6:30. Point being, my schedule can (and will) change and my days can be long, so the best candidate will be available every day, all day.

Additionally, I need someone who is available with fairly short notice. For example, I often find out on Thursday that I need to work Monday, so I will need someone who can pick up Mondays as needed. I usually will have more than a days notice, but occationally I won't be that lucky, so I generally need you to pick up extra days as needed with short notice.

SUMMARY OF DAYS I NEED A SITTER:

WEDNESDAYS (MOST)
MONDAYS (SOME)
TUESDAYS (FEW)
THURSDAYS (FEW)
FRIDAYS (RARELY)

If you think we can work something out, send me a message stating an intersection near your home and your rates (if you don't put this, I'll assume it's spam and I won't respond). Just to give you an idea, I'm looking to pay $30-$40 a day. If you watch other children, that's completely fine by me. I'd like to start meeting prospective candidates A.S.A.P. If we meet and things go well, I'll want to get a few references from you. Have a great day!
URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/kid/1796091841.html
______________________________________________________________

34) Looking for reliable childcare (Nashville)
I am looking for a relaible loving childcare provider for my 2 boys ages 3 years and 17 months. I am needing help potty training the 3 year old to have him ready for pre-k. I am looking to pay about 60-70 a week for both boys. If this sounds like something that intrest you please e-mail me with your information and location. Thank you!
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807701175.html

* Response from CL readers:

35) RE: Looking for reliable childcare (Nashville)
Are you f**king serious?!!? $60-$70 per WEEK FOR 2 BOYS?? BOTH IN DIAPERS? omg hon you really just need to stay home if you can't afford more than that! That's $30-$35 per WEEK for 1 kid, hell it costs me more than half that to feed one so you expect someone to watch your 2 boys for like $20 week proft for both?

WOOWWW people really think us providers have nothing better to do huh!? You must think we sit on our ass all day and don't do much huh. OMG that really pisses me off when parents want something for nothing.
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1807918474.html


36) RE: Looking for reliable childcare (Nashville)
I'm having to repost this, due to not blocking some of the language. But my opinions haven't changed. Wow, how are you going to get on here and criticize someone because they can't afford to pay a large amount of money for childcare? You don't know anything about the original poster or their situation. You shouldn't be allowed to carry the title as a "provider". Why do you think anyone would want you watching their child/children talking like that and getting pissed off over a CRAIGSLIST POST that obviously shouldn't involve you? Where in the original post did the person say that they were expecting the babysitter to pay for diapers and food? They didn't. I'm only 18 years old and I'm apparently more mature than you. Bless your heart, you should be the one getting criticized. Grow up and act like the "adult" that you claim to be.
URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/1808022045.html
_______________________________________________________________
Special thanks to jessicamparra for our Feature. Also, thank you to the following Readers for their Contribution: ladybugblessingscrafts, MissDee, mbargielski, nirvanalives, sarahvargas1, Cinder38, Cafegirl_78, nannybee, ISYNmeebo190925, HungryCollegeStudent and MichelleNelson... all of you did an amazing job! We really appreciate the extra help lately! Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO. And don't forget to include the Links!

----> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE! <----








PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW... THEY WILL BE DELETED! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT... THANK YOU!

No comments: