Tuesday

CL-WTF?

Saturday, September 25, 2010
Photobucket
.... WHAT?!

Feature :
1) Tutor/Babysitter/Disciplinarian (Minneapolis)
I am looking to hire someone short term - hopefully - to watch our 14 year old after school to make sure he is doing his homework. Need to have strong personality and be stern in nature. May even send you to school with him for a while so he can get the right homework to the right classes. Up for the challenge? He goes to Waterville MN highschool. He could come to your house or your could come to ours. Want to help????
URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/dmg/1970237741.html
__________________________________________________

2) Nanny needed now (Minneapolis)
Hello Im a single daddy of twins 5 years old carisa and marisa there mommy left when they were born. I own 2 restaurants my mom left me when she passed. I need a nanny asap the pay is $400 a week which is $200 a kid I do spank the girls and ask the nanny do the same please email me at edecker510 @**** if interested
URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/kid/1960721562.html
__________________________________________________

3) Live in Nanny position (D.C.)
Live in Nanny Position in Dale City. Lilly is 1 year old as of this week. She has been in day care but is getting sick from day care so we are going to try the live in nanny thing. Requirements: Please speak English as a primary language, CPR certified must have or willing to get within 30 days, driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance, references, and background check. What we have for you 1 bedroom 1 bathroom and the downstairs mostly to yourself. I am a mechanic and will keep your vehicle safe and running. Off street parking and pay negotiable. AVG hours Mon-Friday 0600-1630. We are looking for someone to bring her to the park, library, to get out of the house, bicycle rides, a lunch with dad from time to time and light house work suck as cleaning and dishes nothing major.
URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/dmg/1969056686.html
__________________________________________________

4) Babysitter needed (Oregon)
I need a regular babysitter for two great boys ages 3 and 6 years old in Sheridan. I would prefer a local sitter, that lives in Sheridan. It will be 8 days a week, all day.Pay is negotiable. CPR and experience with children a must. Please email if interested or with questions. Thanks you!
URL: http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/dmg/1968634539.html
__________________________________________________

5) Looking for fun male personal assistant (Minneapolis)
Must be high energy, lots of fun, love shopping, fashion, and make up. I will pay you to help me with everything.. Home life, my 3 yr old daughter Lily, assist me in real estate work, also shop and travel with me. Please call Kelly 408-463-**** to set up an interview
URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/dmg/1963756272.html
__________________________________________________

6) Free Babysitter (Minneapolis)
I want a baby but i am not in the right position in life to have one. I currently go to school full time, and have two kids myself 2yrs, and 4yrs. They attend daycare frome 9am-6pm Mon.- Fri. I Need to full fill my baby fix. So for a while I am putting an offer out there too watch pecifically babies for a few hours here and there during the week. whether you have errands to run or, a class to attend or just need a little break. Give me a call and will wk out some details. Look forward from hearing from all you mothers. Know this is not a scam. I also live with my dad so don't worry! 651-319-****
URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/kid/1963802821.html
__________________________________________________

7) Need Babysitter today today (Thursday)
Need a babysitter for our 5 year old son today.
He is getting over chicken pox -- no longer contagious (He had the vaccine but got a mild case anyway.)
He feels fine so you could take him out to the park or play in our home.
1 pm to 8 pm today Sept 23
$12 an hour
must love kids and have experience as babysitter
Near columbia heights metro
call or text zahara 202 489 ****. no email. hablo espanol.
URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/dmg/1969174618.html
__________________________________________________

8) We are looking for a babysitter for weekends/date nights (Norfolk)
we have 3 kids, ages 11, 7 and 3, and we need occasional chidcare for them on the weekends/date nights. probably average out to twice a month...... We are only able to pay $10.00 an hour + we will pack food for "OUR" children to eat while they are in your care. you will be needed between 4 and 6 hours. never anymore then 6. non smokers and non drinkers only please. must be CPR and first aid certified, clean criminal record, never been arrested ect ect......you must be able to provide atleast 5 references, and last but not least you must be able to provide a recent background check as well as any other adult living in the house hold.........
URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1970243951.html
__________________________________________________

9) Childcare needed tonight! (Norfolk)
Hello, I would like some one to come to my house. I have a 11 1/2 month old son. he goes to bed @ 9 and I will be back at midnight or sooner. This will turn into a secure job as my hubby and I like to go out every weekend. If interested please email with rates and experience. I don't mind you doing homework or getting on the internet/watching movies as long as the baby is asleep.
Thanks!
URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1970052909.html
__________________________________________________

10) inexpensive babysitter for hire (Seattle)
Hello, my name is Dominique. I am a thirteen year old girl, and I have my own transportation. I have babysat for two years now, and I can babysit up to five kids at a time. I can stay out until ten on the weekend and 9:30 on weekdays, and I am great with kids. I have babysat children ranging from 3 months to ten years old. I love kids and am the perfect sitter. I am a responsible straight A student and I live in Kent. I charge around 6$ an hour. Thank you!
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/kid/1970142817.html
__________________________________________________

11) Babysitting (D.C.)
Looking for a babysitter for our 3 kids, ages 3 (Caroline), 5 (Charlie) & 7 (Kate). We've had an every Sat night babysitter, and she's no longer available. Bedtime is around 8-8:30, so it's mainly downtime. Starts tonight (Sept 18), and if mutually agreeable, could continue. Typically 7-11 or 11:30, but flexible.
URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/dmg/1960376141.html
__________________________________________________

12) FREE sitter for single mothers (Phoenix)
I am offering FREE babysitting at my place this weekend only! This offer will be available Friday Sept. 24, 2010 AFTER 7PM. Please keep in mind I am not a taxi service so you will be responsible for dropping your child(ren) off AND picking them up unless your location is easy to find and you are willing to pay $20 for gas, my time and wear and tear on my car.

There is no catch but there are a few conditions:

1. Must be at least 4 years old and speak English.
2. If your kid has any kind of authority problems with other adults don't bother.
3. You must bring food for your child. I don't have enuf food for your child AND mine ( and yes I know enuf is misspelled)
4. No allergies to cats.
5. Must leave at least $20 bucks for any outings as I don't have the money to pay for me, my child AND your child. All receipts for $$ spent will be given to you when you pick up your child. I am broke, but can still afford manners.
6. MUST and I repeat MUST pick up your child NO LATER than 6PM on SUNDAY. I can't STRESS this ENUF! If you are incapable of being early or right on time don't bother contacting me. I'm doing you a favor by sitting for ZERO dollars and ZERO cents, so do me a favor and pick your child(ren) up ON TIME!

I will not take any more than 2 kids so sorry single moms if you have 3 or more...I know my limits and I think 4+ kids would be a bit much in my 2 bd apt. I have a brand new car so transportation is reliable. Along w/ that brand new car I got a brand new premium! Full Coverage and I can prove it if you need convincing. I will give you all the information you need about me. I have a clean background as it is required for where I work along w/ being drug free. My apt complex also ran a background check on me. I graduated high school back when CD's were still fairly new and played around at a community college for a few years on and off and then rec'd a certificate of completion for software testing at a technical school. I am responsible, reliable, positive and up-beat. If you need more details contact me via email. I have a working cell phone so communication will not be hindered.

Why am I doing this? Because I am feeling generous. I get paid in peanuts (sometimes in gum! lol) and don't have any freebies to give out. All I can afford to give is my time so this is how I will contribute to the Single Mother Community. If I get any babysitting jobs this weekend I will continue to babysit for free on my free weekends.
URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/kid/1970532975.html
__________________________________________________

13) Part Time Helper/Nanny Needed (Oregon)
I am looking for a nanny to help me this evening. You don't have to be a professional, just good with kids and a little clean up. This will turn into a regular position for the right person. Pleae respond with a single paragraph about your current availability, experience, current situation and anything else to help you STAND OUT. I look forward to hearin from you.
URL: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/dmg/1970080057.html
__________________________________________________

14) Looking for a sitter one or twice a month for date nights (Seattle)
Just wondering if their was anyone out there who would be available to watch my two daughters in my home for maybe once or twice a month for some date nights with my husband. I have 6 and a half and 7and a half year old daughters. It would be on weeknights possibly starting tomorrow if possible and if you are the right person, from maybe 6pm to 11pm. Please give me a call or email and let me know your wage requirements and possibly some background information of yourself. Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you. Oh and duties would include making sure their homework gets done and getting them ready for and into bed by about 830pm or so. My name is Rhonda and my husbands name is Deven (253) 653-**** . Thanks
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/kid/1968850983.html
__________________________________________________

15) In search of a super nanny with a bundle of energy! (Philadelphia)
Hello,
We are a two mom household looking for a nanny to fit in with our hectic schedule. We have 12 children ranging in age from newborn (due any day) to 14.

We are seeking a nanny to help with errands, laundry, light cooking, helping shuttle the older kids to activities, and caring for the "little guys" during the day.

Hours would be Monday - Thursday 10am-6pm and Friday 8am-2pm. Being able to drive a large van in the city and suburbs is a MUST! (or willingness to learn) We would prefer someone with a general knowledge of how to get around in Philadelphia and Lower Merion (big van has a GPS). We have passes to almost every museum or kid friendly attraction in the area that you are more then welcome to use, during the summer we make a weekly visit to the zoo.

A general day would be 1-2 loads of laundry, 1 or more errands, lunch for the youngest 4 (once the baby is eating), putting kids down for nap, and driving big kids to activities after school. Newborn will stay with mom for the first 3-6 months. Children are 16months, 2 1/2, 4, 6, 6, 8, 9, 9, 11, 13, and 14 (2 1/2 year old is the only girl). We are generally a super organized well oiled machine, and we are looking for a nanny to flex right into that mold. We are firm believers in the '1-2-3 Magic' discipline style. We are firm with discipline, but always talk out our wrong doings and tell the kids just how much we love them! Mama works long hours and Mom is stay at home full time, but has lots to do, and you will only really cross paths at after school time. Activity itineraries and laundry will be preset for you, as more often then not it will just be 2 loads to fold. We are easy going, not high strung, and love to be outdoors. We are also hoping a nanny might have some flexibility to come at 8am on non school days, so that everyone can do a group outing. We rarely sit still, we love to be on the go, taking mini trips and traveling. Our kids nap wonderfully 2-4 hours which would give you plenty of time to relax or catch up on hectic days. We are looking to have the nanny make dinner one night a week, our 6 year old twins are in love with cooking and are seeking someone to help them learn more and make new things. We are creative and have a "messy" room in our house where we do crafts and science "experiments". Our house is totally for the kids and is not a stuck up overly spotless abode, we have a jungle gym, slides, and a ball pit indoors. However we do have a 3 day a week cleaning lady to keep it as clean as possible, it is not a pig sty, just comfortably lived in with blankets and pillows on the couch.

Currently we have 11 kids and 22 weekly activities ranging from Little Gym for the 16 m/o, 2 y/o and 4 y/o to ice hockey for the 14 year old. We also have started to take up some instruments, so a deaf ear to new musicians is a good quality. We want our children to grow and learn and explore on their own and with help, if they want to eat a lemon to see what it feels like, we will slice one up for them (as long as what they want to do is safe, our 11 year old still wants to try eating bugs and we are looking for a proper outlet for him to do so). We are generally organic if not all natural, and as we do not eat out much, there is also always easy to grab and go food prepped for the kids and nanny. Some days you will have all the "little guys" during the day, and at times only one (as we know they can get overwhelming and we know some days kids need to get to pick some alone activities, our 4 year old loves the art museum). Having some openness to stay later some random nights (1-2 a month max, flexible on days) and a slim chance of a few weekend days a year would be a plus with hourly baby sitting compensation. We are also looking for a nanny that would be willing to spend 1-10 years with us, preferably a 2 year minimum. We have an open bedroom that you are more then welcome to use or move into if needed. Our last nanny was with us for 12 years and had to leave because she got married and moved away.

As compensation we are offering 7 major holidays off, 3-5 weeks paid off when we travel (or you are welcome to join us, 1 week we need the nanny to go on vacation with us), 6 sick days per year, and a salary of $450-600 weekly (after taxes) depending on experience. We ask 4 weeks notice when leaving, and in return if for some reason we amicably split we will keep you on or pay you for the same 4 weeks notice. On days when your personal transportation is easier we will compensate with the state appointed mileage rate, however a car is not required. We also will give you petty cash to use for the kids, and ask for the receipts in the box at the end of the day, when/if we are close and comfortable with our new nanny, we will set up a checking account for easier tracking (for us) and access (for you), as this is what worked best in the past. Our kids have a little addiction to Starbucks hot chocolate and we go often, this and the toy store are the main reasons for petty cash.

(Willing to have a mother or father with one child bring the child to work with him/her, our last nanny was a single mom that lived in on week days for 8 year, and with her now 3 y/o son the past 3 years)

Please email with some details about yourself, a description of your child care experience, a resume, and a list of your hobbies / favorite activities (as we find these can be an asset to broaden our favorites, and learn new ones)

Thank You
Jolie D.
URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/kid/1958444614.html
__________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

16) I need a sitter for my 3 year old (Seattle)
I am getting ready to go back to work and am trying to keep my daughter from having to go to daycare. At this time, it looks that I will need someone Mon-Thur 11:00AM to 7:00PM. I would like someone to watch her in my home where she is comfortable. We have two dogs as well that you must be comfortable being around. They are great babysitter helpers and a couple of loves. I am not going to run down a list of drugs you can't be on ect, as the person I am looking for will have common sense. Please be responsible, have car insurance and reliable transportation. You must have several great references that I will be checking. We are not looking for a fakey suzie sunshine. Just be real! I am looking for someone that will take $100 a week. Hopefully there is someone of quality out there that can work with me financially with this wage. I know it is low but I am a really generous person and when I can, will def take care of you. You will be like part of this family when you are here watching my baby girl. We are not judgy people and I will definitely give everyone an interview. I don't care about tattoos, piercings, ect. All I care about is finding a good personality fit for this family and someone that my daughter can have a blast with that I can trust in our home! Thank you. Please e mail me at heatherjgrimm@**** or you can call me at 253-376-****
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1969876156.html
__________________________________________________

17) looking for a date night sitter (Seattle)
hello I HAVE 4 WONDERFULL children. i do already have a wonderfull sitter.but she can not come to my house so i need one that can once a week. it will only be weekends as i work all week long. but every sunday after kids are asleep we go to dinner or a movie. just to relax. kids dont even know where gone and that they have a sitter. my sitter can not come to my house so for those late nights where we dont leave til 8 i would love for someone to come here. i now pay 6 dollars a hour for all 4 and they are awake(i said my sitter was wonderfull did i not :) ) and 40 dollars for a full day or 7-9 hours. so if ur gonna charge way more then that for sleeping children then never mind. i do have a dog. puppy but big .mastiff/great dane mix,so u can not be scared or allergic to dogs.. teenagers welcome 16 and up pls. thank u for ur time. some sundays we would leave 6 30 (kids will be in bed expept the 6 year old) and come home around midnight. i will need u every sunday so pls noone that cant commit
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/kid/1969927808.html
__________________________________________________

18) Live in nanny/roomate (Phoenix)
Hello,
I have currently become a single mom and I need help. I have school and work full-time and need help with my tweo and half year old daughter. For now I am looking for a roomate who could pay the low rent of $400 with utilities, food, cable, internet ect included. I would also need this person to watch my daughter on tuesday, thursday mornings from 6am-12 noon she would be asleep most of the time. As well as 3-4 nights a week.This person would also need to clean up after themselves and help around the house. This would not be a paid position. This would be your other half of the rent to me. I live in a home, so the rent is very high.You would be able to have a job and I could work around your schedule during this time. Starting either in the summer of 2011 or the fall I would need the nanny portion of the position to come in . I would then not require any rent but I would need you to clean, cook, and watch my daughter. I will be in nursing school and workign full-time so the hours will vary but you will have free time. I need someone who is willing to submit to a background check. I also need you to be long-term to help me get through nursing school. I want a very motherly type who has experience with children and would take care of my daughter like they were their own child. I am willing to allow someone with a child for the position and will consider anyone. Please get back to me with a resume, age, gender, picture,and some background information. Please be someone who is willing to help me out and get things I need done worked out. I am willing to consider anyone so dont be afraid to apply.
Rules of the house would be:
no smoking
no drugs or alchol of any kind
no abbrasive language aroung my daughter
no friends over late at night or while watching my daughter
URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/dmg/1970044859.html
__________________________________________________

19) Saturday sitter needed (Phoenix)
My boyfriend and I both work in the retail and restaurant business so we work every Saturday. We need someone to watch our son from about 9:30-4:30. We prefer you come to our house which we will soon be moving to Cave Creek and the 101. Our son is 3 years old and can always use a friend to play with so if you have a child close to his age that you would like to bring with you, Awesome. At the moment we don't have ALOT to offer so the pay would be $40 for the day. If you have a problem with it DO NOT RESPOND. Thank you for your time.
URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/dmg/19667334
__________________________________________________

20) Live-in Childcare & Transportation (Phoenix)
Will be responsible for picking up 10-year old boy from school in Paradise Valley M-F at 3:15, take to after-school sport programs 2-4 days per week in the area, then drive to home in Deer Valley and provide sitting, light housekeeping and meal prep help until 6-6:30p.m. Must have reliable transportation, good driving record, verifiable references and acceptable background check results. Live-in arrangement where room and board will be provided + $250/month.
(602)819-**** Saundra
URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/dmg/1964939814.html
__________________________________________________

21) Needing childcare (Tulsa)
I have an 11 month old daughter. I am needing childcare during M-F (though some weeks not everyday). I would prefer a licensed daycare but would be okay with someone with great references. I am looking to pay around $20/day or very close to it. I work from 10:45am-5:00pm or occasionally earlier. So I need someone to watch her from 10:15-5:30. Call me asap if you're interested. My number is 918-574-****. Thanks for reading!
URL: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/kid/1969812794.html
__________________________________________________

22) Part time childcare needed in my Oak Lawn home (Chicago)
I am looking for a permanent part time childcare in my Oak Lawn home for my son. Experience and flexibility a must. Hours are Tues/Weds 10 am to 3 pm and Thurs/Fri 11 am to 3 pm. Sometimes a little early or later. He naps daily and has to be taken to playschool on Wednesdays from 11 to 12. I pay cash, $90 a week/$360 month. More if you work more hours as needed occasionally. Must pass a background check.
URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/dmg/1956462037.html
__________________________________________________

23) Needed childcare ASAP (Milwaukee)
Needing Flexible childcare ASAP. Schedule varies quite a bit right now hours can be anywhere from starting as early as 6:30am and as late as 9:30pm Mon-Sun. I really would like to find some one who is certified through the state as I will be getting assistance at a later date with them once everything has gone through. But right now I do need childcare possibly as early as Friday but definitely for Monday. Looking for a daily rate right now vs weekly. My child is one. Please email me if your schedule is very flexible and if your daily rate is between 20-30 a day. Also please let me know in your email what town your located in and if your state certified or not. Thank you.
URL: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/kid/1965882084.html
__________________________________________________

24) Babysitter needed Wed-Fri (Seattle)
Hey:) I am looking for a part time sitter three days a week for my 2 year old son. I would like the care to be in our home, thought I am negotiable to your home as well.
He is an average toddler, up at sunrise and busy all day:) He is vegetarian, so we have a well stocked pantry of organic foods. Loves cars and planes.... being read to, pretending to read to you, and finding every puddle in the yard!
Please have current First Aid and CPR, or be willing to be certified. Let me know a bit about you, toddler experience preferred but not required. Care would be from 8am to 6pm, Wed through Friday. Pay would be $75/week to start.
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1971445651.html
__________________________________________________

25) Need full time childcare (Seattle)
I have a 21 months old son who is in need for someone to watch him over when I go to work. I need childcare from 5am -5pm Monday - Friday, and at least 1 weekend per month. I will supply food, milk, diaper and wipe. He is a pretty active boy and easy to take care of. I live in close by ft Lewis, so I would prefer someone live close by so I don't have through rush to traffic everyday. And one more thing, no smoking nor pet, please. I will pay $400 a month or something close to that, but don't expect me to pay $5 an hour though. If this is what you willing to do, then email me back along with a short description of yourself, i.e. age, experience, location, phone number, etc. Thanks!
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1970391424.html

* Response from angry CL readers:

26) RE: Need full time childcare (Seattle)
Not only is this insulting to anyone who would watch your child but it's completely illegal. You can't pay someone $1.66 an hour for childcare. What kind of parent would think they could get a decent childcare provider for that? You can't think to much about your child's safety. If you can't pay more than $400 a month, I would recommend looking into getting state help for childcare.
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1970469335.html

27) RE: Need full time childcare (Seattle)
Wow, you are asking someone to watch your child for 12 hours per day 5 days a week ALONG with at least one weekend a month for $400 per month!!! Here, shall I do the calculations per hour for you???? Just for the hourly weekly rate you will pay $1.58 per hour! THIS CALCULATIONS DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY WEEKENDS EITHER!!!! Are you serious??? You're right, someone shouldn't expect you to pay $5.00 per hour....they should expect you to pay more! COME ON!!!! Would you work Full Time for 1.58 per hour?????
URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/kid/1970488503.html
__________________________________________________
Special thanks to afnt81 for our Feature... also, thank you to the following Contributors for their help: proctorhome, MissMannah, emjoyneely, anjul.of.grace and mbargielski. All of you did an awesome job! Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO. Don't forget to include the Links and the Body of the text, if possible!

----> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE! <----








DO NOT LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW... THEY WILL BE DELETED! PLEASE CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT... THANK YOU!








No comments: