Thursday

CL - WTF?

Continued....
Photobucket Saturday, December 27, 2008.
Looking for babysitter tonight, swap hours anyone? (Roseville)
Hi, my name is Erin and I am looking for someone who is willing to swap childcare time with me. My babysitter canceled tonight and I was looking to go out for my friends birthday tonight. Looking for someone else who has a child and is looking to swap babysitting time with me. You watch my kid tonight and I will watch your kid in the future for the same ammount of time. I am avaiable to watch your child anytime this week or in the future if u can watch mine tonight. Please call/text me if you are able to come over tonight. Thanks. 414-526-****
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/963375735.html
_________________________________________________________

Babysitter needed tonight (Duluth)
Hello, I need a babysitter for tonight for a few hours...I have a 5yr old daughter who will probably be sleep..I would prefer a female of at least 15yrs of age...must have a cell phone...call Dana...678-927-****
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/965527652.html
_________________________________________________________

Childcare tonight (Rosemont 23452)
i am intrested in someone watching my 4 month old son so me and my wife can go out tonight. it would only be for a few hours your place or mine. thanks
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/965324450.html
_________________________________________________________

I need childcare tonight/someone by Kiln Creek Movies (Norfolk)
I need childcare tonight from 4pm or 4:30pm to about 8:30pm or 9m. I'm looking to pay around $15-$20 for those hours. I have an infant son who will need two bottles.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/964879915.html
_________________________________________________________

Sitter NEEDED TONIGHT for night out! (Newport News/Hampton)
My husband and I are looking for a sitter to watch our 4 kids while we go out tonight. It has to be done in our home due to our kids will be in bed before we go out. We are looking to leave here from our home at 9-9:30pm or so and not for sure what time we'll get in. Might be early around midnight or the late would be 3am. Thank you for your time and I look foward to hear from you soon. 757-969-****
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/965378723.html
_________________________________________________________

Needing a sitter for a 2 year old Saturday night 7pm-3am (Harwood Heights)
If you are available to watch my daughter in my apartment or at your place please reply via email with your rates, age, location, experience, and any other info pertinent. I have been trying to get a break for a few weeks now and my sitter is going to be out of town Saturday night and I really would like a break. I am not rich so please be reasonable with rates as she can pretty much entertain herself and will sleep most of the night if watched at my place. I will be only about 5 minutes away from my home when I need her watched. Thank you.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/969766222.html
_________________________________________________________

Babysitter Needed in Lisle 7pm tonight (Lisle)
Hello! I have a very sweet little 18 month old. I don't go out very often because I adore her too much! I was thinking I might like to head out for a couple hours tonight, just for a change. Is anyone available to stop by and babysit? Thanks!
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/kid/967294015.html
_________________________________________________________

Cheap nanny available (open)
I will save all the bla,bla here experience,references and available now if interested call me 310 848**** thanks.
Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/kid/969644747.html
_________________________________________________________

Frozen Nanny****** Needs a warm house......... (NY)
No.......... I am not homeless........... Yes......... I am very legal...... Yes .........I have a great sense of humor, your children will just love. Yes .........I will be the most unusual Nanny you will ever interview........ Yes .........I was Born and Bred in New York, sorry NO ISLANDS....... Yes .........I am Educated and I sing, dance and cook. Nice to come home for a home cooked meal....... TAKE THE TV's and cell phones, and trash them......... I would much prefer reading to your children......................... I have 14 years Nanny experience, working for two families, each family having three wonderful children.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/965844222.html
_________________________________________________________


.... How Much?!

I need a caregiver ASAP! (Lacey)
I am looking for a caregiver for my 1 year old son. I need someone that can start ASAP, as in the next week or so. I will start off by saying that I can only pay $10 a day. I barely make over minimum wage, so anything above that will simply not work. If you won't accept $10 a day, please don't message me because it would be a waste of both of our time. My son's name is Noah. He turned 1 last week and is such a happy little boy! He very rarely fusses or cries, usually when he is hungry. He is still on formula, and I will provide all his formula and food. He is a very happy-go-lucky baby! He is a steady walker and loves to play with other children, even if they are older than him. I live in Lacey, on College by Yelm Hwy. I need someone pretty close to that, or where I work. I work on the West Side of Olympia on Cooper Point Rd. I work M-F, but just 4 hour morning shifts. So you would usually have him from about 8:30 - 1:30 or 9:30 - 2:30 (depending on if I work at 9 or 10, more often it's 9) My boyfriend is a CNA and works 4 days on, 2 days off that rotate. So because of that, you would never have him all five days of the work-week because I have all weekends off. A lot of weeks would be just 3 days, and some 4. Like I said, I desperately need someone! Please e-mail me if you are interested. Everyone loves my son and says he is such a good baby!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/kid/965948961.html
_______________________________________________________

This Ad provoked a lot of responses from other CL readers:

In need of day care for young boys (can't afford much) (Lake in the Hills, IL)
Hello I have two sons ages 2.5yrs and 11mths. I need care Mon thru Wed and once in a while on Thurs or Fri. I can only afford $25 a day for both children. This is not $25 each. I am looking for someone that truely loves children and can follow a daily schedule with fun learning activities incorporated. I prefer them to be with other children. My 2.5yr old is fully potty trained and my 11 month old eats solids and has been off the bottle since 9mths. They are both on the same schedule everyday and they nap from 12:30pm to 3:oopm. Serious replies only please. Oh and yes I have tried for the Action for children assistance but we make $64 too much and don't qualify. I also need the caregiver to be nonsmoking because of allergies and would prefer a very clean enviornment but who wouldn't, right? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/967697951.html

RE: LAKE IN THE HILLS MOM NEEDING CHEAP CARE FOR 2 BOYS (LITH)
WOULDN'T IT BE BETTER TO WORK A FEW LESS HOURS OR HAVE YOUR HUSBAND WORK A FEW LESS HOURS (IF YOU HAVE ONE) SO YOU CAN GET THE HELP YOU NEED. I WOULD BE INSULTED IF SOMEONE ASKED ME TO CARE FOR 2 KIDS FOR A 10HOUR DAY(LISTED IN LAST AD) FOR 25 DOLLARS. THATS LIKE WORKING FOR $1.25 PER HOUR. DO YOU THINK YOU WILL GET A GOOD BABYSITTER?
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/969749008.html

Re: In need of day care for young boys (can't afford much)
You're taking a huge chance with the safety and well being of your child. For that amount of pay, you are only going to entice someone with sinister motivations for being around children.

In this Ad, the "Lake in the Hills Mom" responds:

Thank you but I have already found babysitters for that price and they have background checks and good refrences. I also work in childcare myself. The price that I am offering is all that I can afford so what else am I supposed to do. Thanks again.
__________________________________________

Day Nanny Needed ASAP (Denham Springs)
Need a Day Nanny Monday-Thursday 6:30am to 6:30pm. Will pay $250 a week. You will have my two year old from 6:30 to 2:30pm and then my 8,6,5 year old get home from school and watch them till I get home at 6:30pm. They are very active but wonderful loving children. For interveiw please call 225-665-****
Original URL: http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/kid/965160473.html
_____________________________________________________

Child care for free (Kissimmee)
I'm looking for playmates for my 2 years old boy. I can watch your little one(s) occasionally for free or if you need me for more hours I'll watch them for a small fee. Thank you
Original URL: http://orlando.craigslist.org/kid/964988701.html
_____________________________________________________

This Ad also upset some CL readers:

Childcare needed (East Orlando)
I am a newly divored mom going back to work. I have a beautiful VERY WELL BEHAVED 2 year old son. I work odd hours as I teach music lessons both in a studio and at home, and do catering. I am mainly looking for someone to watch my son monday through friday 3-7 or 8? Must be in east orlando or waterford lakes area, have a phone, and transportation (incase of an emergency). In my home or yours. Unfortuatly I am not making a lot right now and can't afford a ton. I'm looking to spend about $40 a week. If this is a possability for you please call 407-927-****. Thanks, Julie
Original URL: http://orlando.craigslist.org/kid/962209219.html

This is another Ad, by the same Mom above:

Flute and Piano Lessons (East Orlando)
Hello.... I am offering both flute and piano lessons for ages 5 and up. I have a degree in music education and have been teaching and playing for over 10 years. Beautiful music studio at my house. Also willing to come to you but will have to charge a little more to cover gas and time. $20/ half hour or $35 for the hour. For more information please call 407-927-****.
Original URL: http://orlando.craigslist.org/kid/962204427.html

Response from angry CL reader:

RE: Childcare needed/Flute and piano lessons!!! (MUST READ)
Ok, This woman is a single mom looking for childcare fulltime mon.-Fri. and wants to pay $ 40.00 dollars a week.( what a damn joke) She is also a music teacher with her own studio she charges $35.00/hr. ************ laugh out loud ****** everyone here please place a post on this woman. She wants to pay a sitter $40 a week from 3pm. - 8 pm. >>>>> shes a music teacher charging $35.00 HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woman you need to pay MORE! that is unFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A NANNY SHOULD GET $10.00/HOUR!!!! people on here make me laugh. times are hard so people will take anything but we will keep looking for better pay then quit COLD TURKEY ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being cheap thats what happens.
Original URL: http://orlando.craigslist.org/kid/962222735.html
_____________________________________________________

Full time care needed. SAHM's welcome (West Roseville)
I'm looking for full time care (7AM - 6PM) for a 3 year old boy and part time care (7AM - 8AM and 3:30PM - 6PM) for an 8 year old boy. You can watch them at your place or mine (your children welcome!) but the 8 year old needs transportation to and from Gates Elementary. I have a 12 year old that attends an after school program, and doesn't need day care, but may be home on non-school days. If you are at my home with the kids he would also be there but could help out with the younger kids. He's a big help for me. I'm currently paying $225 per week and need something close to that range but it is negotiable depending on the situation. If I need to drop off/pick up at your place it should be close to W. Roseville or between Roseville and Rancho Cordova. I'm flexible and the kids are fun. I pay for holidays, time off, and always pay on time. If you're interested, please e-mail me. I will need to interview you and check references (SAHM - personal references are fine if you have limited work experience). Thank you.
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/960369074.html
______________________________________________________

Childcare needed starting in January (Bonner Springs)
I am looking for childcare for my 15 month old son. I work part time and in January I will be starting the Nursing Program at Kansas City Kansas Community College. I am going to need childcare monday, tuesday and wednesday 7:00 a.m. to about 4:00 p.m. Considering I am going to only be able to work about 10 hours a week, we really don't have a lot of money to spend on childcare, we could probably do $200 a month at the most. Please email me a.s.a.p. Thank you Skylar
Original URL: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/kid/960878482.html
______________________________________________________

Perm childcare NEEDED starting the 29th (Oak Hill)
I'm looking for childcare for my 3yr old daughter and 20 month old son starting the 29th. I'm looking for someone who wants a perm job doing this. I can pay 30.00 a day which is 150.00 a week usually. My husband works construction and sometimes he might have a day or two off a week it just kind of varies on how busy they are. I will not pay for days my kids are not there. My schedule is mon -th 8-5 and fri 8-1. I will pay a 30.00 for fri even though it is only 1/2 a day...and this gives you time to get out of the house and take care of personal stuff.Looking for someone to come to my house or be close to my route to work. I work at slaughter and s 1st. So this means please do not call me if you do not live in either oak hill, william cannon (west), or slaughter lane. Look forward to hearing from you , Kayla 512-945-****
Original URL: http://austin.craigslist.org/kid/964907183.html
______________________________________________________

Need a Chinese/Mandarin speaking NANNY, work weekdays/weekends $7/h (Springfield Gardens)
I need a native, Mandarin speaking nanny ASAP for my 3 year old child. I will pay $7 per hour for at least 20 hours a week. Will work on week-ends and 3 week days (5 days a week) Nanny will receive at least $140 a week. Might need more hours later. If interested, please contact me at (347) 755 ****
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/kid/965909711.html
______________________________________________________

In home Day Care Wanted (Chandler)
We are new to the area and I would like to find someone to come to our home to watch our kids (1 Mile off of Ray Rd, between N McQueen & N Cooper - on E Shannon St). I would like to start out maybe once a week for 3-4 hours and then in Feb/Mar go up to 2-3 days a week for 3-4 hours a day. If you have a child they are more than welcome to come as long as they are respectful of our home. If you are open to baby-sitting a weekend now and then that would be great, but not a must. I am a stay at home mom but just need some free time to clean, sleep or run into town. I have a 1 year old boy and a almost 5 year old girl. If you are interested please send me an email. Baby-sitting won't start till after Jan 1st. I would like you to send me a daily rate...so when you come I just pay a flat rate, so for 3-4 hours what you expect to get paid. I was paying $12 a day with my last baby-sitter because once school starts my daughter will be gone all day so it will just be the 1 year old...so I would like to keep it around that price if possible. I will be setting up times to meet the week after Christmas, thank you so much! Jules
Original URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/kid/965578368.html
______________________________________________________

Busy Family needs reliable Nanny! (Summerlin Ft Apache/DI)
I need a reliable nanny for my 2 1/2 year old and my 1 year old. My husband and I own a busy pizzaria, and we need someone who will show up on time, and take great care of my daughters. I need someone who has had experiance working with children and can handle a very active 2 year old. My oldest daughter is very active and loves to play, my youngest daughter is just starting to learn how to walk, but she can crawl very fast and is every where you dont want her to be, lol. I also need some basic cleaning duties done, make beds in the house, make sure the girls sheets are dry, my oldest has accidents every once in a while. Do the dishes, vaccum daily, pick up toys and make sure the girls are clean and eat well during the day. I make it pretty easy, I like to buy the Gerber Graduates meals because my oldest isnt picky when it comes to those and shell eat all her food. The job will probably be 25 hours a week, and Im trying to pay a weekly salary of $160 dollars. I know it doesnt sound like much, but right now, things are slow and this is a pretty easy job, my kids are very accomodating. Please contact me at 702-738-****, or email me
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/968563656.html
______________________________________________________

Another Ad that provoked an angry response from a CL reader:

Looking for a New Year's Sitter to come to my home (NLV)
Hello. I have 2 little boys and we need a sitter for New Year's Eve and January 24th. I need this to be done in my home that way my kids will be put to bed in their own beds and we don't have to wake them up in the middle of the night to bring them home in the cold. Please let me know asap! I am looking for someone with own transportation as well. We do not have much money but will negotiate rates. I have had people respond but never responded back to me. Thanks! **We are not looking for someone to bad mouth us. If you are not interested then just simply do not respond. Thanks.
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/968093743.html

RE: Looking for a New Year sitter come to my home (nobody)
please lady you want somebody to come to your house new years eve and you said you dont have much money.so you should stay home w your kids ok. you have money to go out and party right!
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/968342749.html
______________________________________________________

WANTED: Nanny for short term for 3 yr old boy (Mill Creek/Northgate)
We are looking for a nanny for 3-4 days a week from about 9am to 4:30ish (give or take, depending on traffic) weekdays. Monday, Wednesdays-Thursdays. and sometimes either Tuesdays, and/or Fridays. $75 for 3 days, and $100 for 4 days. We are trying to get caught up with our bills, and can't afford daycare for awhile. Pay can be discussed. This might be perfect for a new mom, looking to pick up a few extra bucks, while she stays home. One family helping another. We would need you as early as next week 12/29/08 to about February. We live in Mill Creek, and Mom works in Northgate, Dad works in Ballard. So if you live in Mill Creek or Northgate is the area we are looking at. Mom would drop off, Dad would pick up. Our son is 3 yrs old, and he is shy, hilarious, and very well behaved. He has manners. Loves other kids older or younger, and is a big help. We are also looking for the occassional night-time sitter as well. Thank you!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/kid/967234340.html
______________________________________________________

Nanny Needed (Mill Creek)
Nanny Needed in Mill Creek area. Must pass a background check and have references. Schedule would be Mon,Thurs and Fri from 7:50am until 4:30pm and Wed from 8:50am until 4:30pm. Pay would be between $200-$220/week depending on experience. Serious inquires only. Email for more details.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/kid/970355048.html
______________________________________________________

Babysitter needed (Harwood Heights)
We need a sitter to come to our house and watch our 3 month old 5 days a week. Dad will be home but sleeping. Looking for someone engaging, reliable, lovable, with references, and infant experience. Do not want someone who is just going to watch tv. I want someone who will get on the floor and play with her, read with her, and talk to her constantly. Looking for someone for at the most 8 hours a day. Willing to pay $150/week. If you agree to do light house work laundry and dishes, willing to up the pay to about $175 to $200/week. Please email me with work experience and a little about yourself. Thanks.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/967767873.html
___________________________________________

The following Ads didn't have URL's:

Nanny needed for small infant (Newark, NJ)
Mon & WED: 12noon to 5pm(mondays and Weds are flexible); Tues 7am to 5:45pm & Thur: 7am to 4:45pm. START: JAN 21ST 2008. Not alot of work to be done on Mondays and Wednesdsys. MUST must MUST must Older adult over 30 CPR CARD.( must show proof) 2 references background check 5 YEARS of infant care TB test with in last 6months know how to handle emergencies speak/read good english legal status in USA ok with sm camer in house. follow Small rules i have for my child If you are interested pleae email me for more information : lourethajackson@**** please forward resumes now. thanks
Compensation: $225 flat rate for 30 hours
No URL Provided
___________________________________________

I need Childcare by Dec. 29th!!!!! (Rogers Park/Lawrence/Elston/Evanston)
Hi, I need childcare for my 14 month old son 3 -5 days a week starting Monday Dec. 29th! I can afford to pay $25/day but would love to find a Stay at home mom who could offer 5 days a week at $100 total. Please let me know if you can help or know of someone who is available! Thanks 773856**** 772841****
No URL Provided
______________________________________________________
Special Thanks this week to: northjerseynanny, jmcurcio, ckc60614, MissDee, cdhere25 and the several Anonymous Submissions we received through MEEBO. All of you did an excellent job!! These Ads were fantastic! Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE. PLEASE, don't forget to include the URL! :)

** TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK HERE! **

1 comment:

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS HERE!

THANKS! :)