Thursday

CL-WTF?

Saturday, March 6, 2010
cl wtd 444
.... WHAT?!

Feature:
1) Couple looking for younger, live in help (Illinois)
We are a young, professional, attractive couple with two children. We travel quite often for our small business and prefer to take our children with us. We are looking for someone to take along with us to take care of them while we work, and then be a part of the family when we're not working. The ideal candidate would be between 18-22 yrs old and be fit and attractive. We have two girls and we want to set a good example for them, and they are both quite active. We have a larger enough home for you to live with us and would prefer that you did. If interested in finding out more information, please respond to this post with LIVE IN as your subject title. Please attach two pictures, one head shot, and one full body. Otherwise you will not be considered. We are 420 friendly. Thank you-
Original URL: http://quadcities.craigslist.org/dmg/1603126230.html
_______________________________________________________________

2) Babysitter with Rhythm (U.K.)
We are looking for someone who could spend time with our 8 year old son for a few hour once a week. The best time for him is probably Wednesday afternoon, but another time could be arranged.

The salary is 8gbp per hour (32 for 4 hours)

Ideally the best person for the job would be someone who could teach him breakdancing or other street dance or rap. He has always been interested in music and expressing himself. He sings constantly and is part of a children's choir.

Kai is growing up in a relatively conventional household. He has a Dad who is a university prof. and a mom who stays at home, but has her MBA and worked in financial analysis. He has a little sister who is 3 and very cute. The family loves each other and argues with each other like most families.

Kai is very bright, but his interests stray a bit from the mainstream. When he is through being encouraged to practice the pieces for his lesson and work on his posture and technique, he likes most of all to go with his sister to the town center and perform for the crowd. He sings like an angel and is very musical, but his real talent is his emotion and guts rather than any technical proficiency at the moment.

Kai is a very bright boy with a lot of creativity that hasn't found a good outlet. When he was starting preschool, his teacher at the time said all his energy was in his head. That aspect hasn't changed. He is fit and can bike long distances, but his favorite part of sports is really the style and making cool signs, dressing like a funny footballer and making saves that are less technically skilled than theatrical. He wants to learn to ride a trick bike but doesn't have one or know anyone who could help him figure out how to do tricks.

When he was 5 and moved on to real school, he would build a candy factory in the sandbox while the others were playing diggers. His art skill is better than average, but not sooo particular, but his creativity and ability to channel it appropriately is.

He goes to the German school in London at the moment and can speak German and English fluently. Why he seems to fit in and not get particularly picked on, we haven't quite figured out. He tried to start a band with some of the other kids who play recorder or whatever else a year back and lots of kids were interested, but actually it turned out they were more interested in arranging the finances of how they would divide the proceeds rather than expressing themselves. (Kai wants to donate any proceeds to the Tate modern.) When all the kids were swapping pokeyman cards, he came up with an alternative card that he called the pokey card with funny plays on the real thing and preferred to trade them. He's really pretty funny from an adult perspective but it would be easy to see why other kids would consider him uncool. He isn't the leader of the pack, but despite his being pretty different, the big kids look out for him and he seems well liked.

He likes to dress up funny and is a big fan of face paint, bathtub crayons, window markers, sidewalk chalk and loves to look at nice graffiti. With the boys he plays with, he likes to make secret spy codes and make a funny newsletters of his school with all the secret clubs and other nonsense. They climb trees and build huge contraptions with anything in the house or outside it. When he was littler he and his friend would make pictures of all the cool equipment they needed to build a tunnel from one of their houses to another (oxygen masks, headlights, diggers ...)

With his sister he likes to act out storybooks putting on a show for anyone who will watch with tickets and advertisements all over the house. That activity is contained and very well done thankfully. Other times, they like to argue and create mayhem. He taught her how to do papermache when she was not quite two while we were upstairs sleeping in.

I am attaching a picture of him dressing up as a clown, playing violin with his sister and one of his drawings.

Kai needs someone who can relate to his creative side rather than admire it or be overwhelmed by the mess of it. At the core, we are proud of who he is, but honestly, there are times when we wish he was hooked on computer games, rather than creating levers and pulleys to lift things from one floor to another. (Couldn't he wish for a quiet and contained xbox or wii for Christmas rather than another set of 100 blocks that will allow for endless possibilities for building whatever we are afraid to find out?) He likes to build intricate towers and then put on his builder hat with a flashlight taped to to the top and get his sister geared up too and send the whole building crashing down by pulling a string tied to the bottom block. Nothing is damaged or messed up but it is REALLY loud.

Babysitters have typically really looked forward to the time they spent with him though they are not the type who talk on their cellphone while he jumps around the playground or watches a video.

Email to Phyllis at: pischke@****

with answers to the following questions or anything you think you might be relevant:
1) What do you enjoy about looking after children?
2) What was your own family like when you grew up?
3) What are your hobbies?
4) What do you like doing in your free time?
5) What are your plans for the future?

You must:
1) be creative
2) enjoy playing and being active
3) be allowed to work in the UK
4) be a non-smoker
5) Preferably musical

The most helpful responses would include consideration of your own unique qualities rather than blanket number of years and qualifications in childcare.
Original URL: http://www.gumtree.com/london/27/54621227.html
_______________________________________________________________

3) CHILDCARE NEEDED - PLEASE READ (D.C.)
Starting March 15th, I will need a responsible, mature, experienced person to care for my child from 8 AM to 7 PM. I will not be making much but I have to work to save up to leave my drug addict husband. My daughter is 8 months old and I can provide her food, formula, diapers, change of clothes, and whatever else she needs for the day. I am seeking someone who is experienced with infants and know how to care for them and make sure that they have all kinds of interaction and most of all, love. I will be signing up for POC this week. Please e-mail me with information about yourself, your experience with children, about your center/in-home care, and of course, leave a phone #. Thanks for reading.
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/kid/1622343655.html
_______________________________________________________________

4) Need Babysitter for today, February 28 (D.C.)
Hello, We are looking for a babysitter for our 3 year old son this Saturday from 6 pm to 10pm at our home in West Laurel. If you are interested please respond with rates and at least 3 references. Best Regards, Warren
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/kid/1621528454.html
_______________________________________________________________

5) THE NANNY DIARIES IN UTAH (Tri-State Area)
NANNIES: BEWARE OF ERIKA ****
I am a high-end NYC nanny with stellar references, int'l. experience, celeb/high profile exp, and am signed with top agencies in NYC and worldwide. I am college-educated and speak three languages. I have a teaching background, a lot of volunteer credentials (including Ground Zero, East Harlem Tutorial Center, Costa Rica Rain Forest literacy programs, soup kitchens, volunteer child care, etc.) and am world-traveled. Just so you know I'm legit.

Last Friday, I became the victim of a nanny horror story straight out of THE NANNY DIARIES. Feb 18, ERIKA ****, a one-time pre-school teacher who married an Italian oil mogul and spends her time between Nigeria, Italy, and Utah, flew me from NYC to Salt Lake City to do a trial for a nanny job. BIG RED FLAG: she has an unreal turnover of nannies, most staying less than a month, the longest lasting only 8 months, by her own account. The current nanny is leaving after just 5 mos, during which time, **** has employed at least four nannies. But, she claimed it was always the "crazy nannies'" fault, that she was just "too nice" and nannies take advantage of them because they're "so rich". I knew it sounded suspicious, but times are hard, and I needed a job.

**** is the stereotypical Rich Bitch, White Woman Biggot, Over-the-Hill Barbie, Mommy Botox who has a full staff, 2 nannies 24hrs/day, and does not work. Yet, she doesnt want to take care of her own children (2 sweet little girls, 17mos and 3yrs.)

Long story (kind of) short: she cheated me out of my money and left me stranded in Utah with no ticket back home! She screamed in my face, called me nasty names, yelled vulgarities at me, and other atrocities. She said I was from a 3rd-world country, Mexico. In fact, as she well knows, I am from California (and so were my great-grandparents). Such an ignorant slur in 2010--does she tell Black Americans that they're from Africa?

I also told her that she was exploiting the Peruvian nanny (the one about to quit, who'd told me that the job had been so stressful, she'd suffered stomach pains and severe acne breakouts). **** made her work 24hrs a day, getting up with the babies 3-5 times a night, and still working the next morning at 6 until at least 8pm, or whenever they were finally asleep. I told her that's why she hired someone from a 3rd-world country, to make them subservient. "She works 24hrs a day!" I charged. "That's because she's leaving!" she screamed. Does this make sense to anyone else? Because I don't get it. The nanny is leaving soon so she has to work 24hrs a day? You will notice she did not deny it, only justified it in her own twisted, illogical way.

At one point, she got in my face, barely inches from me, taunting me to hit her so she could have me arrested. "I'll make your life a living hell!" she screamed. She had connections, she said "because of who my husband is." She called me a "f***ing idiot", " a f***ing moron", stupid, even, "You're fat". Well, I'm rubber and you're glue. So, we're back on the playground, eh? Okay, then. I'm fat. "You're old." "39 is old?" she yelled. "According to the 20-somethings who are going to be screwing your husband, yes. You're over the hill, dear. That's why you get cosmetic injections." I said. (She told me this, herself, when she came home with red blotches and needle marks around her eyes.) She ranted on, even threatened to sue me. I said, "For what?" "Right, because you have nothing!" she said. I then reminded her that she owed her fortune to what was between her legs. "You're a whore", I said. Yes, I called her a whore. That's what a woman is when she gets her money by having sex with a man.

ERIKA **** behaved like a typical pampered princess, a spoiled feline who thinks she is superior because she bedded the right man (who, by the way, is controlled by his father, who actually owns the company. I had asked her earlier if her father-in-law "calls all the shots" and she'd said, "Yes, that's the price we pay." )

The woman goes shopping 6-7 hours a day (though she counters that it's "only 3 hours!", as if that would be much less pathetic and disgustingly selfish. It only means that she spends even more time at home shunning her little girls. At least when she's gone, she can't reject them to their faces.) She dines out, gets cosmetic procedures, and generally snubs her children who are always crying for her attention. Instead, she simply says of the 17 month-old, "Take her--she's driving me crazy." The little girl is, in fact, one of the happiest, smiliest babies I've seen. Even Erika's own brother commented that her youngest daughter "Is really happy--as long as Erika's not around."

I could go on, dishing dirty details, but I think you get the idea.

She refused my proper pay--which she'd agreed to in writing--had me work 12-14hr shifts with NO BREAK (and no overtime pay, of course) and then refused me my time off, which was only a day and a half to begin with. She said that a day off is a "benefit" not owed to me because "this is just a trial". "A day off is a BENEFIT when you work 8 or 9 days?" I asked. I couldn't believe she was really trying to sell that. "Yes!" But, of course she was.

For a grande finale, she left me on the streets with nowhere to stay and no ticket back home. She put me in a VERY PRECARIOUS situation. SHE ENDANGERED MY PHYSICAL SAFETY--a woman, alone, at night, in the middle of winter. (The Winter Olympics weren't held there for nothing.) She even called the cops to make sure I'd leave her exclusive private street, even without my money or a place to stay. (In Pepperwood, a gated, private community in Sandy, Utah, it would have been illegal for me to stay even on the sidewalk or on a park bench once she'd told me to go.

ERIKA **** can lie, and make excuses for why no one stays with her, and tell whatever story she wants, but in the end, I have a long list of stellar child care and teaching references, while she has a long list of nannies who quit.

The Nanny Diaries is REAL--and not just in NYC.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/1623969672.html
_______________________________________________________________

6) Babysitter (New Jersey)
NEED BABYSITTER FOR MY 7 YR OLD DAUGHTER. SHE NEEDS TO BE PICKED UP FROM SCHOOL AND STAY WITH HER UNTIL I GET HOME AROUND 6PM. REFERENCES NEEDED.
Original URL: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/1623088282.html
_______________________________________________________________

7) Nanny of great quality needed (Norfolk)
Hello I am willing to hire a nanny for my family and i am in need a perfect and reliable nanny for my kids and all i need is a mother care for them.It is really necessary you get back to me with your reume and part time and full nanny can apply with the application on my email... kenntsonjnr@**** Thanks
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1627172760.html
_______________________________________________________________

8) Live in Nanny wanted immediatly (Denver)
Live in Nanny / Governess / Mommy Wanted.

Wonder filled, Brilliant, Beautiful, fun 3 year old Blonde Blue eyed little girl needs a loving and intelligent Lady to care for her and teach her when her single daddy is working. Ideal situation for a single mom who has raised her children and misses being a mommy, dosent want a 9-5 job working in the outside world, would appreciate living in a french palace style multi million dollar home while raising a truly delightfull little girl into a breathtakingly beautiful young lady (inside and out).

If you would enjoy making this house a home and family please call Jay 303 988 **** - 303 489 **** or Greg at 720 427 ****
Original URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/kid/1624724280.html
_______________________________________________________________

9) Alternative Childcare (Seattle)
I am a 20 woman with 3 years experience in paid childcare
I am low emissions using childcare provider that's dearly committed to giving your child the compassion and respect they deserve.
I believe in teaching good values free of homophobic, sexist, and racist judgments.
On top of having paid experience I have the life experience of helping raise a developmentally disabled brother with a single mother.
I live a healthy vegan lifestyle and can offer excellent organic vegan/vegetarian cooking in home.
I operate on a sliding scale depending on income and number of children.
I'm open to every work schedule and, including once a week for a simple playdates and time to run your weekly errands.
My hobbies include: learning banjo, painting, drawing, hiking/plant identifying, kite building and flying, reading, etc.
Email me for references and/or questions at: mjdunphe@****
Wholeheartedly yours,
Maryjane
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/kid/1626852438.html
_______________________________________________________________

10) Need a Babysister (D.C.)
Need a babysister to take care of my 8 almost 9 month old son from 7-2:30 if your intersted please email me at ms.naves@****
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/dmg/1622290625.html
_______________________________________________________________

11) NEED CHILDCARE (Norfolk)
I have a 7 month old and a 4 year old, both girls. I work nights and weekends and am in need for some one to watch them for the times that i am working. I get assistance threw social services. I work 5 days a week. A full time working single mother. I have run into alot of bad experiences, and do to one i am left to find a sitter in less than a 24 hour notice. Please if you are licensed and reliable great with kids, and have a good attitude with working with children then please call me at 757-228-****
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/1619948530.html
_______________________________________________________________

12) afternoon babysitter nanny & some cleaning and cooking if you can (D.C.)
we need someone to help my 30 something wife with our 1 year, old help her with cooking.. and do some cleaning and organizing as your working. its an easy job i am just sick and tired of having to do it when i get off work....after 10 hours ....call us 703-967-**** good driving req and sober and ..fun will be a bonus .......hrs are afternoons after 430 til about 8or 830
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/kid/1622615183.html
_______________________________________________________________

13) sitter (Virginia)
Need a elderly person age 40- 55 for weekend childcare for 4 yearold son in my home
Original URL: http://roanoke.craigslist.org/kid/1614515008.html
Note: This poster must be young! That's elderly? LMAO..... MPP
_______________________________________________________________

14) overnight tonight 2/27 (Maryland)
want to babysitt for a few hours tonight. will be between the hours of 10 and 3. like a regular babysitting shift i will pay the rate of 20.00. its my four year old who should be sleep by the time you get there. email me if interested. shaymunford@****
Original URL: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/kid/1620902077.html
_______________________________________________________________

15) childcare needed - please don't bash me! (Seattle)
I'm hesitant to post on here after reading a lot of the bashing that goes on...
I am a completely single mom and I am looking for childcare. I can't afford to pay nanny wages, which is why I would have thought to post as looking for a "baby-sitter" but since I need semi-full time, I have read that that is not the right term either. We just moved here, and I only need child care until school gets out, but if it works out I will need childcare again in the fall.
I need 3-4 days during the week. I have a 4, 7 and 9 yr old. I need to drop off at 6:45 and pick up at about 5:45. Usually has worked to be a stay at home mom that wanted to make some extra money, but paying her own childcare wouldn't make having a job worth it. I respect what people are asking and I am sure you are worth every penny, I am just not able to pay that....if you would like to bash someone please bash my children's deadbeat father, I'm not looking to cheat anyone...just looking for childcare. Thank you
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/1626093984.html
_______________________________________________________________

16) Just your run of the mill working family looking for child care (Seattle)
Listen up all you people itching to become a nanny in the Greenwood area. I have one (1) child under the age of one (1) and am looking for care from 8-5:30, Mon. - Fri.
I've read all the posts currently out there in Craigslist-land and honestly, I haven't been impressed. In fact, it's all I can do to stay awake! You would think that people who spend all day entertaining kids would have some more interesting and creative things to say!
At any rate, we aren't doctors, we aren't lawyers, we aren't professional athletes, we aren't Microsofties. We are just your typical run of the mill working class family that had a kid and now needs someone to watch him so that we can pay our mortgage.
I don't need someone to prep him for college, teach him three languages, clean my home, prepare all his meals (I will set a menu for him, all you have to do is feed him), cart him to and from school (he’s a baby!), do my laundry and shopping, handle my household office or any thing else of that nature.
All we ask is that you treat him well, feed him when he needs to be fed, change his poopy diapers, let him nap occasionally and play with him when he's in a good mood and when he’s not, cuddle him.
Is there anyone out there that can do this at a reasonable rate? You guys are killing me with your ridiculous salary requests! - A discouraged family.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1625555756.html

* Response from angry CL reader:

17) RE: Just your run of the mill family (Seattle)
Hey discouraged family!
No need to be discouraged anymore!! Here I am!!!!
Taken directly from your ad: "All we ask is that you treat him well, feed him when he needs to be fed, change his poopy diapers, let him nap occasionally and play with him when he's in a good mood and when he’s not, cuddle him."
I will treat him good...as long as he doesn't cry. Since I am someone without any infant experience I wouldn't know what to do.
Now, he can have peanut butter and honey sandwiches, can't he? Like if I mash it up really good and all???
Would I have change his poopy diapers right away or could I wait until my soap is on commercial...better yet once it's over I will change it!
I will of course let him nap...I think I heard a routine is best for children this young but since I don't have any experience with babies I think that it's just a bunch of bs and have no idea on how to get a baby to sleep so he is going to have to be exhausted and fall asleep where he.
I wouldn't know how to play with a baby since I don't have any experience. I do have a dog...I guess I would just play with your son like I do my dog. My dog likes to play fetch. Do you have any balls? Your son will be a great fetcher by the time my time is up with him.
I am capable of cuddling your son. Does he like to be petted too? My dog really like that along with being scratched behind the ear. So, I will just treat your child like I treat my dog since I don't have any experience with children but dogs are close enough, right? Do you have a kennel? I do want to have a break and I could put your son in it while I go out and smoke with my bf and a few of his buddies who stopped by to see how my 1st day was going! Ya know, working 9.5 hours a day can take a toll on me since I don't have any experience. My bf and his buddies could watch your son while I nap in your bed. Well, actually it would be his buddies cuz my bf would be cuddling up next to me.
I can start any time!!!! Hey, you can even pay me under the table and below minimum wage!! What a deal!!!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1625652192.html
_______________________________________________________________

.... HOW MUCH?!

18) Nanny to start ASAP (California)
hello, im tammy and im 20.. i DO NOT drive.. In the process of learning though.. I AM cpr certified... I do have exp.. 5 years in a day care.. And side jobs as temp nannys... Please contact me asap.. I like to do activities, art, walking,reading, and contructive play... I chage 125 pt time and 200 full time... I am only looking for non school aged or school aged if school in walking distant.. I do take the bus and I have exprience taking 3 children with me.. I use to take a 1,2 and 5 yeear old on bus with me... Thank you...
Original URL: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/kid/1627254556.html
_______________________________________________________________

19) NANNY NEEDED Mon - Thurs (Seattle)
We are losing our current beloved nanny and need to replace her with another superstar. This position will be Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm, occassionally more if your available. Mom works from home office and needs help. I am looking for someone to care for busy 1.5 year old boy. If your looking for a job where you can be on the computer or your cell phone, this job is not for you. I need someone who can: clean up after his meals, play with him, teach him and most of all CARE about him. This position will be at our home. Do not apply if you cannot watch him from OUR home. We would prefer someone who is CPR certified. This is a fun job for the right person, we are a great family. We want to hire someone who can become part of our family. Looking for someone long term, it's too hard on our son to have to change people. Not looking for someone who wants to bring along other children everyday. Wage is $150.00 week cash. Email your resume/references and a little about yourself.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/kid/1627158346.html
_______________________________________________________________

20) Childcare needed A.S.A.P. for my 2 1/2 yo Pay $400 monthly (New York)
Seeking a Reliable, Respectable, Fun babysitter for my 2 ½ year old son. To take care my son in my home. I will be home some of the times working. Light house work. Keeping house tidy. I am in the Bronx Castle Hill Area. Hours are Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm. I pay $400 monthly / $100 weekly. Willing to pay a little extra for extended hours when needed. Please only contact If you are serious and interested in the position. Call me today for interview 914 447 - ****. / e-mail me jaylin0820@**** Thank You!

My son is a Fun, Loving, Active child. I am currently working with him with the potty training. Almost there!!!

Perks about the job:
- Daily Routine, Lesson plan Toys, Arts & Craft Supplied.
- Beautiful huge Back yard for play.
- Willing to take you home within 2 miles.
- Lunch included
- You chose your payment cycle weekly, bi weekly, Monthly
- Early Day dismissal w/ pay.
- Extra pay for extended hours when needed.
Thank You!!!
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/1625219821.html
_______________________________________________________________

21) Looking for childcare (Virginia)
Hi. I am a single mom looking for childcare for my 3 year old son during the day from 8am to 6pm Monday thru Friday with some Saturdays depending on my work/school schedule. I can pay between $400 and $500 a month. I am very interested in visiting places and have time next week to do so during the day with my son. Please contact me if you are within these areas, although I would prefer childcare in Charlottesville, until the end of the summer I plan on living in Fluvanna (near Long Acre Road off Rolling Road). Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
Original URL: http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/kid/1625367814.html
_______________________________________________________________

22) Sitter needed (Virginia)
I am a single mom with a 9 month old daughter. We just recently moved to the area but at the moment Im commuting to chantilly for work 5 days a week. Due to my financial situation I'm forced to take her into fairfax to stay with family. Although I appreciate the quality time in the car this commute is starting to take it's toll on her. I am looking for a sitter a few hours a day as my boyfriends maybe able to watch her in the AM I am happy to provide all of her meals and some of her toys. I'm looking for soonething between 50 to 80 a week based on the hours I need. Thank you.
Original URL: http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/kid/1624629133.html
_______________________________________________________________

23) Full Time Loving Nanny Needed (Ohio)
My husband and I are in need of a full time nanny for our 8 month old boy. Hours would be as early as 7:30am to as late as 6pm with some flexibility.
Duties:
Follow a schedule for bottles, naps, feedings, and playtime.
Teaching and encouragement.
Light housekeeping when needed.
Occasional errands.
Fieldtrips to museum, parks, zoo, etc...
You must:
Love children.
Have a good sense of humor.
Have a car and be willing to drive short distances with our son.
Be CPR and First Aid certified (we will also consider candidates that want to get certified)
Have experience and 2 references.
We will:
Be respectful of your time and needs.
Be open to your ideas.
Provide you with the tools you need to be successful.
Compensate you for any extras (gas for fieldtrips, $ for snacks)
Pay is negotiable, but we are looking at apprx. $40-$45 per day.
Please respond to this ad through email with a brief description of your experience, we look forward to hearing from you!
Original URL: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/kid/1626950986.html
_______________________________________________________________

24) Need nighttime babysitter (Tennessee)
Need a baby sitter for a well-behaved child near the Fairmont Elementary School.
This is an overnight position.
3 to 4 days per week....days will vary but schedule available approximately 4 weeks in advance.
I would need someone to arrive at 5:00 pm SHARP to approxmiately 7:00 a.m.
My house is a two bedroom, but my daugther's room has twin beds. The sitter would also have use of the guest bathroom for privacy.
I can pay $35 per evening...yes, it's not alot....however, this would be perfect for a college student that needs extra money. My child goes to bed around 7:30 (very easy to get to bed) so you would have the rest of the evening to study.
I have wireless internet access, printer, Wii gaming sytem, DVD player, and a pretty good cable package so you won't be bored to tears.

It is very, very important that someone is not only dependable but reliable. This would probably be the easiest job you'll ever have....I'm easy to get along with and my child is a breeze to take care of.
Pay will be on Friday's.
Will start interviewing next week....please send me an e-mail and tell me a little about yourself.
Unfortuately, I cannot hire someone who has a child that they would bring with them.
Original URL: http://tricities.craigslist.org/kid/1616953204.html
_______________________________________________________________

25) Need babysitter for Fri and Sat nights (Ohio)
I'm looking for somebody who can come at my home and do nothing or can sleep until morning:) Fri. and Sat. 9p.m.-3 a.m. (I'm going to put my kids in bed and they never awake during the night). I can pay for that 5$/hour max. (High school student or retired person - whatever)
I have two girls (5 years and 21m.) Also I'm looking occasional babysitter .
Original URL: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/kid/1626064983.html
_______________________________________________________________

26) Live-in Nanny wanted $600 a week (Atlanta)
Schedule: Day/Time Requirements
Monday 6:00 AM--1:00 AM
Tuesday 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Wednesday 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Thursday 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Friday 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
Sunday

Children/Special Needs Male Age: 11 Months
Female Age: 5 Years 1 month(s)
Male Age: 3 Years 0 month(s)

Need A Car: No
Need To Drive: Yes
Need To Clean:
Pool: Yes
Swim: No
Need To Swim: No
Living Arrangments: LiveIn
Will Travel be Required: Rarely
Dogs: Yes

Position Status: FullTime
Positions: Nanny/Light Hskp
hskp/nanny

Rate: $600
Date Posted: 1/20/2010 4:45:45 PM
Start Date: 3/20/2010

Summary:
Family is representing a celebrity family. Looking for a FT nanny that has worked with high profile families. the nanny’s main job is to make sure that the kids are always taken care of. The nanny would have to wake up at 630am Mon-Fri to get 2 of the 3 kids ready for school and drop them off. (She will make sure that the kids are showered, feed, and have clean clothes on) There is a car for the nanny to drive to take the kids to and from school. While the kids are at school she will help the wife with the baby, keep up with the kids bedrooms, kitchen, laundry and whatever else the wife may need help with. After the nanny picks the kids up from school she will make sure that they are feed, completed their homework, showered, and in bed by the time specified by the wife. The nanny will have every Sunday off and usually the wife likes to give half days off during the middle of the week, mostly on Wednesdays. Overall the family is not demanding and very easy to work with. There are times where the husband and wife will leave out of town for a couple days and the nanny would have to take care of the kids, but that doesn’t happen to often.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/kid/1629432047.html
_______________________________________________________________

27) Alki babysitter needed! 4 days a week - ASAP! (Seattle)
Hi- I'm looking for a babysitter for my 7 month old daughter. She is a very happy, adorable, and easy baby to care for. I need childcare M-T-W-F. From 8-3ish
My ideal situtauion would be to have someone come to my apartment, directly across from Alki Beach and 4 blocks to Whale Tail Park, and watch her there. I'm open to having you bring your child with you!I have a double stroller you could use! I'm hoping to find someone who likes to go for walks and will take her to the park. We live close to coffee shops too, she loves to go to walks to coffee!
I'm looking for someone to start asap, possibly next week.
I can pay $5 an hour.
If intersted please email me and hopefully we can meet this week! Thank You!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1625675194.html
_______________________________________________________________

28) Babysitter (Seattle)
Hi I am looking for a stay at home mom that has one kid, that would like to make a couple extra bucks while helping me and my fiance out. We are in dieing need for a babysitter only probably is we can only afford 20 dollars a day, which would be monday through friday, from a 7 to 8ish in the morning varies, to 4:30pm or 6:30pm. If your not a stay at home mom thats fine too but would like for you to be able to come to our house to watch our kid. What we are trying to avoid is someone that has to drive or go places through out the day. So for more information call David at 253-332-****
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/dmg/1624439643.html
_______________________________________________________________

29) Need new babysitter ASAP (Madison)
SADLY, BOTH THE WOMEN THAT HAVE WATCHED MY SON ARE IN SCHOOL AND CANNOT WATCH HIM ON A REUGUALR BASIS. CAYLEN MY SON WILL BE 3 @ THE END OF MARCH HE IS A SWEETHEART. I NEED SOMEONE WHO IS FLEXIBLE. I NEED DAYCARE ON FRIDAY NIGHTS FROM 5:30 UNTIL 10 PM SOMETIMES LATER. SATERDAY FROM 9:30 TO 6PM @ THE LATEST. ALSO REALLY NEED FLEXIBILTY WHEN IN A PINCH. I'M PAYING BETEEN $5-$6 AN HOUR. I'M A SINGLE MOM. I WOULD PREFER SOMEONE WHO HAS CHILDREN BUT THIS ISN'T A REQUIREMENT. ALSO INTERESTED IN SOMONE WILLING TO DO OVERNIGHTS. NEED REFERENCES PLEASE
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/1623831728.html
_______________________________________________________________

30) FT Nanny/Mother's Helper needed - infants (Seattle)
Nanny/mother's helper needed to help stay-at-home mom with twin babies. Must have infant experience either through previous full-time work experience or motherhood.

9am-7pm M-F $1600 month
weekend hours also available

Please tell us briefly about your infant experience in your email - we will not be downloading resumes. Sorry you cannot bring your baby or toddler.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/1622795461.html
_______________________________________________________________

31) Single Mother of Six Seeking Childcare (Florida)
Dear potential caregiver,
I am seeking child care for my six children. Their ages are a 3, 9 and 10-year-old boys, 4, 6, and 8-year-old girls. They are a handful of course. My 10-year-old is ADHD. He is medicated but does tend to get hyper around 6:00 p.m. Caregiver must be patient and understand that six children is a true job. They also must be punctual and responsible, for my very existence is dependent on me getting to work on time, and not missing any days unless absolutely necessary. Please do not respond if you do not have true experience taking care of a large number of children at the same time and a strong work ethic.
My children are in school, and go to day care after school. I would need care between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 12 a.m., weekend days or evenings, and some overnights. These hours are dependent on my work schedule, so I will need a sitter or several sitters that are able to work a flexible schedule. As you can expect, I am on a very fixed income and can afford to pay no more than $100 per week or $5 per hour, whichever is lower. I understand this is stretch, but I have day care expenses as well. As I become more financially stable, I will of course raise the rate of pay.
Well now that we've established all of that, and if you are still interested, evening care would consist of making sure they eat dinner. They are independent children, so they are required to clean up after themselves, as well as wash dishes and cleaning the dining room. The 3-year-old and 4-year-old would need bath assistance, but my older boy and older girl usually assist them, and basically oversee them. I will need care in about two weeks and indefinitely, if whomever is chosen is a good fit. Your own transportation would be a plus for occasional pick ups from day care, but is not a must. My hours are strange, but I will make a way if not possible. Well now that you know my complicated family, if I haven't scared the heck out of you, you are willing to love my kids half as much as I do, and are up for the challenge contact me.
Although the above seems as if I am a very strict person, I'm not. I am a very down-to-earth, funny, and relaxed person. I am just in a tough place since my divorce and am trying to pull it all together and keep my kids stable. I look forward to hearing from a lot of people

P.S. The hours listed are not necessarily the days or hours that I will need care. We will set a schedule based on my work schedule.

Posted by
Katrina C. from Tangerine, FL
Original URL: from Care.com
_______________________________________________________________

32) Live in/out Nanny needed $100/wk (Dallas)
Seeking a nanny for my 1 yr old daughter. Option of living in or out. No other guests allowed. I am hoping to find a caring long-term individual and making her an extension to our family.

Typical Hours: 7 a - 5:30 pm M-F, & 2 nights a month (anytime)
Responsibilities: caring/loving an infant, helping to develop motor/behavioral skills & light house work (basically cleaning up after yourself) CPR certified a plus.
Paid Time off: 1 wk vacation, 7 holidays
We may ask you to travel with us for vacations; passport may be required. Your own transportation is needed but there will be a stipend for gas expenses.

Please respond with your experience and references. A background check will be completed and home security cameras are installed in the house. *we have two small dogs
Original URL: http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/kid/1611085175.html
_______________________________________________________________

33) In need of a night Nanny (Seattle)
So I'm looking for someone to watch my 14 month old 4 days a week mon wed Thursday and Friday from 5:15 till 10:45pm. I can only pay 300 a month so please only e-mail if your truly are a wonderful person who loves kids. Need to have a car with insurance. Please leave a phone number and when I should call to set up a time to meet. 1 kid ok to bring as LNG as there about her age or older thanks
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1622176867.html
_______________________________________________________________

34) Live in Nanny needed for infant (California)
In exchange for room and board in our home we are looking for someone to join our team! : )

Duties to include:
Take care of 3 month old daughter from approximately 7am to 4pm Monday through Friday and potentially 4 hours during the weekend.
Cook (some meals). Dinners for family.
Clean (keep entire house clean)
Grocery shopping
Do laundry (For 3 people: me, my wife and daughter)
Babysit when needed

We anticipate the need for roughly 40 hours of work per week, give or take a few hours.

We are willing to pay between $8 and $10/hour depending on experience and will deduct $225/week for rent and utilities from that pay.

We are looking for the following:
An honest, kind, loving, clean, respectful female with child care experience. No smoking, drugs, drinking, partying etc. Please send resume, experience, references and why you would be a good fit.
A good candidate is also self-motivated, reliable, adaptable, and has a positive attitude. We really would like someone that takes ownership of their role and always takes the initiative.
Must have valid drivers license and insurance.
Reliable and safe transportation (we will provide a car seat).
Must have references and be willing to do a background check.
Bilingal English/Spanish appriciated
A minimum one year commitment is required.
Include resume and references in your initial contact to us.

About us:
My wife and I are both professionals and work full time. We have a 3 month old daughter who is the love of our life. With both of us working, we need someone to take care of our daughter during the day and some help around the house. Our home is located in Crown Point, Pacific Beach. We are close to the beach (a 3 minute walk), shopping, dining, etc. The bedroom can be furnished or not, whichever you prefer and has its own exterior access. Finally, the home is beautifully decorated with upgrades galore, nice furniture and has amazing Bay and City Skyline views. You would have full house privileges.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, Tory
Original URL: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/lab/1612577474.html
_______________________________________________________________

35) Need a Daycare ASAP (California)
So my daycare provider told me today that I need to find someone else to watch my 22 month old little girl. She said "she just doesn't want to do it anymore" I need someone who has a full time position open but can only accept $20.00 a day. We will provide food and diapers and extra clothes if necessary. Would like someone experienced in childcare but doesn't have to be licensed. We live near downtown Roseville and work in opposite directions so someone in Roseville would be best. Really need someone by Monday... Please email me with your info and I will promptly reply. Thank you!
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/1630513400.html

* Response from angry CL reader:

36) RE: Need Daycare (Good Luck) (California)
Sorry to hear that you are now left high and dry to find care for your daughter starting on Monday but it isn't such a mystery as to why your day care provider told you she doesn't want to "do it" anymore. $20 a day is nothing compared to the effort and time spend caring for any child. You figure on 8 hours a day minimum, that breaks down to only about $2 per hour. Even less because it's impossible to drive to work, put in an 8hr shift, drive all the way back to pick up your child and do this all within an 8hr period. It's more like a 10+ hr day for providers minimum. Nobody in their right mind would work that hard for 20 bucks a day. Not Mc Donald's employees or even the rice pickers in this country would do that for 20 bucks working all day.

I don't blame your now ex provider for telling you to go somewhere else. She was desperate for someone in the first place when she agreed to "watch" your daughter for $20 a day. Mean while, she either realized that it wasn't worth it and/or found somebody else at a reasonable rate and replaced them with your daughter. Sorry to say this but the old saying is true: you get what you pay for and as long as you insist on being so cheap, Yes-you may find another fool who will be willing to "do it" for $20 a day but I guarantee you, it won't be for long and you will be left to look for someone else again and again. Good luck with that one because you are going to need it.
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/1630893794.html
_______________________________________________________________

37) FT SAHM/NANNY NEEDED (Seattle)
I have a 17 month old daughter. She is easy going and loves to read books and listen to music as well as go to the park and other outings. She started potty training and is doing GREAT!!! Hope to find somebody willing to continue this :) Im looking for somebody that is hopefully CPR certified and loves children and hopefully has a child close in age :) I need care M-F 9-6ish and can only afford $500 a month :) NO HATE EMAILS PLEASE!!!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/1624391081.html

* Response from angry CL reader:

38) RE: FT SAHM/NANNY NEEDED (Seattle)
ARE YOU SERIOUS! You want a qualified, experienced childcare provider to work 45 hours a week for you, and your only willing to compensate them with $500 per month. WOW! When broken down that's a whopping 2.77 per hour, not even close to the minimum wage. Now I know the economy is experiencing tough time, but this is pathetic and insulting!
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/kid/1625976124.html
_______________________________________________________________

39) NEEDED: Weekend Evenings sitter for 9mo boy (Seattle)
HI! We are looking for a babysitter for our 9month old son, Rowan! My fiance and I decided that we miss having our date nights! We live in a townhouse.
OUR SON: Rowan is a very easy 9month old! He's always smiling and happy, he has also just learned to crawl so he is on the move now! He's a great eater and usually goes to bed pretty easy....and goes to bed around 8pm! While he is awake, we expect you be down on the floor playing with him and not playing online or watchin TV...ONCE he's asleep, you are more than welcome to watch TV or movies (we have TONS of DVD's) or use the internet!
This would be perfect for a high school student. We mostly would need Saturday nights (1-2 a month) from about 5pm-11pm and possibly a couple hours during the week! We are a younger couple (22/23) and can only pay $5hr, but if you would like to make a bit more, we may also have some housework that could be done, once he is asleep!, that can be neg.
If you are interested in talking further please e-mail with your name, age, experience, if you have transportation (we may be able to drive if you live close)
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/kid/1622708887.html

* Response from angry CL reader:

40) RE: NEEDED: Weekend Evenings sitter for 9mo boy (Seattle)
No offense - but you are only offering $5 an hour.... which would obviously make the average person think that is all you can afford. Then you go on to say that housework can be negotiated for more pay. Are you serious?! I am completely dumbfounded. Why wouldn't you just pay what you can afford for the care of your child and skip the house cleaning duties? You get what you pay for and I have a feeling that anyone desperate enough to take this job would end up becoming resentful. Do you really want someone like that caring for your child?
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/kid/1622808232.html
_______________________________________________________________

41) Nanny needed for infant - $650/month (Seattle)
Hello,
My husband and I are expecting in July, and we would like to begin looking for a dedicated LONG TERM nanny for our baby. This position would be in our home or in yours if it is close, and we are open to the idea of a nanny share with another family.

This is not a babysitting job. We want someone who will be engaged with our baby 100% of the time that they are with him/her. We are a laid back younger couple that is flexible and encouraging. We want someone who can be understanding, loving and caring with our baby. Someone who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure that our baby is getting all of the aspects of development tended to on a daily basis.

Please read the qualifications below along with the duties. If you feel like this job would suit you, please email me your resume with a cover letter. Please also feel free to email me with questions about us and our family.

The hours are M-F 8:30am to 5:30-5:45pm, starting in October.

Thank you in advance!

Qualifications:
21 years or older.
Experience working with infants (at least one year)
Experience working with children ages 2-5 (at least one year)
Fully insured, licensed driver.
CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens certified.
Clean background check
Non-smoker
Flexible

Duties:
-Caring for and nurturing the development of social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of baby.
-100% focus on baby while he/she is active. (Nap time is another story)
-Light house cleaning
-Some errands

Absolutely NO T.V. while baby is active.

Benefits:
Paid holidays
1 weeks paid vacation/per year
3 days of paid sick leave/per year
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/kid/1624821677.html

* Response from angry CL reader:

42) RE: $650 a month! I hope thats a typeO (Seattle)
650 a month? Monday-Friday 8-9hours a day!...for $650 a month!!?? I hope that's a type-O? If not that's an insult to every working nanny that takes pride in what they do. You should be paying 650 a week(which is on the lower end).I mean how can someone be dedicated to your family when you disrespect what they do! How can someone live comfortably on 650 a month?
Plus on top of Nanny care for 650 you also want errands and light house cleaning. Light house cleaning should only include a nanny cleaning up after herself and the children she is caring for.Errands relate to the childrens need,picking up your dry cleaning(etc) is for your personal assistant......the people who live beyond their tax bracket always turn the nanny position into a personal assistant job.If you want the jack-of-all-trades,PAY FOR IT or hire an illegal!
Having a Nanny in your home is a luxury.
Quality professional child care at a bargain price does not exist.
A livable wage isn't asking too much.
This post is addressed to any family that expects a quality nanny for low wages.
ADD:
During my first two years as an entry level Nanny I was making between $10-14 an hour.$10-14 is a pretty fair rate for a professional adult with only a couple of years under their belt...however $160 a week does not match your job description! A LONG TERM nanny will be providing your child with his/her early developmental learning skills(160 a week is ridiculous).My younger sister is a BABYSITTER...she makes $140 a week normally.Unlike my sister I am a college educated Nanny with 8+ years of experience. Due to my experience,qualifications,& dedication my "family" pays me well(which after 3 years is now well above the average $15-20 an hour).
I did hope they forgot the '2' before the 650 but this kind of tacky low ball "salary" is not unheard(though this was the lowest i have seen)...still hope it was a typeO.
Original URL: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/kid/1625289392.html
_______________________________________________________________
Special thanks to Amy for our Feature Ad... that was a hell of a find! Also, thank you to the following readers for all of the great Ads they sent in this week: Kate, LindsayElaineFreeman, cheesenipsaregood, sh354, JLow2474, Kiddiepsyc, MissDee, mbargielski and Cinder38. Remember, CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday. Please send next weeks Ads HERE or use MEEBO. And please don't forget to include the Links!

----> TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK RIGHT HERE!! <----















DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW! THEY WILL BE DELETED! USE THE LINK ABOVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT! THANK YOU!


No comments: