Monday

CL - WTF?

CONTINUED ....
Photobucket Saturday, January 10, 2009.
.... What?!

Fight on CL because a Mother wanted last minute Childcare:
I need a babysitter for tonight (Wheeling)
hi,I`m a mother to a 4 year old. I really need someone, last minute, to come to my Wheeling home,to babysit my daughter. She goes to sleep around 10:30,I would need help from 11pm till about 2am. My husband works at the bar and I would like to celebrate new years with him I`ll pay $40 thank you very much, my phone is (213) 281-****
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/976031963.html

Pretty disappointing .... (Everywhere) - OP
Hi all ,parents ,nannies, babysitters!!! This letter goes to everyone ,don`t get me wrong, it is my opinion. Lately, people here have shown very different, at some level ,immature way of thinking when it comes to children and child care providers. It`s so disappointing that whenever I post I almost expect someone to correct me or to put my thoughts in a doubt. On the new years day ,I posted an add ,asking if someone could babysit my child ,while I go, celebrate with my husband and friends. My husband happened to work that day/night and I didn`t want to celebrate by myself. So I posted an add for a last minute babysitter. Gosh ,I`m sorry ,but last minute babysitters exist ,I`m one of them. Well sure enough, I got some weirdoes calling me, e-mailing me, harassing me for no apparent reason!!! supposedly I`m crazy for posting such a thing!!!! Ok ,people ,first of all ,this is a website for posting adds about childcare ,I have all the rights in the world to ask for a help, regardless of the situation/occasion. If no one could help me out just, either don`t reply with your crazy thoughts, or at least negotiate the pay, if you get upset about the $10hr rate! What is wrong with you people? have you tried putting yourself in my on any other`s position before harassing and calling names???? Immaturity is something that`s very difficult to fight when so many of you are selfish and self standard!!!! I am a mother, a childcare provider ,and I happened to ask for a help on new years. Am I guilty because of that???? This website has changed in so many ways. I used be able to communicate with so many moms and providers in here.. But now ,it`s a mess, everybody is angry and weird!!! WHAT HAPPENED? And this Shauna case ,is it going to close anytime soon? whenever I come here ,searching for a job, I see, at least 1 post about her MySpace page!!! I ,once, tried to understand this situation, I posted my opinion. Shortly after ,I got blamed and accused of being her!!!! Oh my dear God, will I ever do that again???? This is so stressful and not fair. Get over it already, concentrate on positive a little bit more!!! I`m offended, upset and confused!!! since when I can`t post an add about childcare???Since when I have a fear of others being angry? Have some respect for each other. This is not the end of the world for me ,of course. But I know for a fact ,that while someone searching for a good, reliable nanny here ,on Craig’s list, or posting about their qualifications as a nanny, people like you-angry and weird, cut their chances of succeeding. Thank you very much.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/979163464.html

TO: Pretty disappointing .... (NW Suburbs)
The fact that you would post a blind ad for some stranger to watch your kid on short notice says it all. That is you KID! I don't know about you but I wouldn't leave my child with someone I didn't know, met on the internet, didn't do a background check on, and didn't have several real life references for. Yes, you deserve every bit of backlash you probably received. Shame on you for putting your childs LIFE at stake because you wanted to go out. Do you have any idea how many weirdo's are on this site ALONE??? Consider yourself lucky you stayed home, safe with your kids instead of leaving them with god only knows who and coming home to your kids and belongings GONE..or worse. Oh, and for the love of god please learn how to use a comma.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/980220830.html

RE: Pretty disappointing .... (Everywhere :)) - OP
Ok, lady, or whoever was writing with such hate!!!! 1. I found a girl who was able to babysit for me that night. Just like I`ve found many others before ,kind and reliable. 2.This is not an English class, and if I happened to be from a different country, doesn`t mean I don`t speak English very well!!!! 3.I have all the rights to express my feelings regarding this website ,because people like you, nasty and angry ,make us, normal people not to even bother, coming here ,looking for help!!!!! You are not the judge, nor the master of the sky. You have no rights ,coming here, writing the BS of yours. I suggest to just ignore. But of course, your ego wouldn`t let you do so, would it??? I don`t know you and don`t even want to know, but I sure do know that you`ve had your bad experience in the past ,with childcare. I`m sorry for that, but it doesn`t mean you have to be involved in my dilemma!!! oh, and if you don`t like the fact that I didn`t use the comma properly, here you go: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :) bite me!!!! hope you`re happy and warm!!!!
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/kid/980294138.html
_________________________________________________________

1) I need childcare tonight!!! (Ahwatukee)
Again, I am posting last minute but NYE was a bust for me. After dropping my son off at the sitters, on my way out my car overheated and I ended up having to have it towed home...with the tow truck driver picking up my son. Not a great New Years, $200 and I didnt even get to go out, so tonight I am wanting to go out with some friends. I am looking for someone to come to my home or if you have kids and would like an extra one for the night that would be awesome. After the week I have had I need a little fun time. Please call if available. Nicole 480-621-****
Original URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/kid/979271701.html
_________________________________________________________

2) Need babysitter tonight!!! (Rogers Park)
Need a babysitter for tonight to watch my 4yo son. I will need someone for between the hours of approx 830 or 9 until 1230 or 1am. I can pay 7 dollars an hour. He goes to bed at 8, so you will have time to watch tv, go online, do homework etc... Please contact me asap. Females only.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/977513618.html
_________________________________________________________

3) Babysitter Needed Tonight (South Minneapolis)
I am in need of a babysitter. Would love to find someone for tonight, but feel a little frightened of the thought. If you are a high school kid I would need to talk to your parents and have references. Please call if you are interested. This could turn into a pretty regular thing. I have friends who need babysitters too. Thanks! Dawn 612.220.****
Original URL:http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/kid/977714579.html
_________________________________________________________

4) Baby Seater (North Sac)
I Can Baby Seat you kids at a good fee. Fee's vary by number of kids.
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/979068106.html
_________________________________________________________

5) We need a babysitter TONIGHT (Germantown MD)
We need a babysitter at 645pm tonight. We're just going out to dinner. Kids will already be in bed, so really just need someone to keep an ear out. Please have your own transportation. Please send along any references. Let me know ASAP. Thanks!
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/kid/978513828.html
_________________________________________________________

6) Full Time Live in Nanny Needed - (14 hrs/day) - (Fort Lee, NJ)
We are seeking a warm, loving, responsible live-in nanny to take care of our three year old daughter and one year old boy. -English speaking -Experienced and comfortable with young children -Creative with toddlers -Non-smoking -Excellent references (childcare related) -Willing to work long hours: 7am until 9pm -Light housekeeping: emptying/loading dishwasher, children’s laundry, straightening up, family meal preparation, pet care -Offering long term position -Driver's license a bonus but not required Salary is Mon-Fri $500/week or Mon-Sat (2p) $550/week
Original URL: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/983161615.html
_________________________________________________________

7) NEEDED - HOUSEKEEPER/NANNY - LIVE IN (Green Valley)
Nanny / Housekeeper needed - flexible start date - live in only. Bedroom, sitting room and private bath for your exclusive use. Female or gay male only - may consider couple - MUST BE AVAILABLE 24/7 5 DAYS A WEEK - days off will be Saturday noon to Monday a.m. - 1 week paid vacation every year - we are flexible and need you to be as well. Additional time off available during the week - i.e. if we don't need you at the time you are free to do as you wish. Start pay includes all living expenses and $300 week. Please respond via CL with short bio and/or resume
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/983810778.html
_________________________________________________________

8) Wanted: Live in Nanny - No experience Okay? (56th & Tower)
Wanted: Live in Nanny to watch 3 children (5 months, 2yrs, 4yrs). We provide you with your own room with walk in closet, private bath, use of local phone, high speed interenet, etc. Also will be provided with $800-$1000 month. You watch children from 7:30am to 4-5pm, Monday thru Friday. Off every day at 5pm or earler, all weekends and holidays off, and every day that public schools are off ie snow days or spring break you are off. To apply: Include your name, phone number, recent photo, breif history of experience (none is okay, we can pay for your CPR and basic first aid class) and anything else you think we should know. The wife says you must include a photo of yourself to be considered.
Original URL: http://denver.craigslist.org/kid/978533909.html
_________________________________________________________

9) Possibly Looking For a Nanny in my Home M-F 30-40/hrs (Apex/1010 Road)
Hi - I am looking into childcare options and wanted to explore having a nanny. If you are qualified and reliable please email me and provide me with the following: Your availability Salary Requirements Certifications Experience This position would be watching my 6 month old in my home in Apex. I also work from home, so I will be there as well. I am looking for someone who is active, creative and will do more than just babysit my child. We have not made a definite decision to have a nanny, but I wanted to see if it is affordable. Thank you for your interest!
Original URL: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/kid/975643226.html
_________________________________________________________

10) NANNY NEEDED FOR 12 YO NICE LITTLE GIRL... 2 WKS OUT OF THE MONTH (The Lakes)
MUST BE YOUNG...FUN..RESPONSIBLE...REF....HAVE OWN CAR....JOB DETAILS..... TO SPEND THE NIGHT...MAKE DINNER...AND OVERSEE THE HOUSE WHILE I AM OUT OF TOWN...AND TO GET MY DAUGHTER UP AND OFF TO SCHOOL M-F ...FYI I ALSO HAVE A CAT!!!!!! IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLEASE CALL ME ASAP ....NEED SOMEONE BY MONDAY ..THANK YOU JESSICA CALL ME @ 702 405-****
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/982767341.html
_________________________________________________________

11) Need A Baby Sitter? (Madison)
Hi, im a 14 Year old tryin to make money by doing wat i love and knoe best! BABYSITTING :D. I have a 1 1/2 year old brother and i've watched him grow and babysat him his whole life. I get home from school about 3:30ish and im open from there on and on weekends 24/2 :D Umm..? Exsept Saturday Mornings. Sooo Please Call Me. :) Thanks Kali M**** (608)446-****
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/986726218.html
_________________________________________________________

12) I need a sitter tonight (SW)
hello i am in need a of a sitter for tonight in my home only because they are 2 kids and all theyre stuff is here plus i want them to go to bed in their own bed...one is 2 and the other is 11 months. i got called into work barely like a hour ago and my family is outta town so they cant watch them. if you have a child you can bring him/her along as my son likes other children. if everything goes great i would like to keep in touch with you for night outs or last minute things like this. i hate doing a last sitter thing but its something i have to do.=(. please give me your rate by the hour. Thanks PLEASE TELL ME RATES!!
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/981684551.html
_________________________________________________________

13) Looking for sitter; get paid to sleep (North Center)
i'm due with a baby boy in a month & trying to explore my options. i'll be on leave for a month, but in mid-march i'll be needing a regular sitter while dad & i leave for our overnight jobs. the hours you'd be needed are 10:20p until about 6:30a. you'd definitely have thursday and friday nights off (by my schedule) but dad also has 2-3 days off every 6-7 days usually and we'd keep you updated on what those days are at least a couple weeks in advance. i'm not going to pay you 10+ dollars an hour. i can't. i've done a lot of nannying myself and i know the cost of good childcare can certainly be pricey but circumstances here are a little different. i'm young, really easy-going mom to be, and this position should be a pretty easy one, all told. you can come here and go to sleep...or do homework... or sit around and watch cable... or eat all our food in the fridge (but watch out for daddy on that one, lol) or pretty much do whatever you like as long as you get off your bum and tend to my son when he wakes up and needs you. i can't, of course, predict when exactly he'll be sleeping through the night entirely but even until then your work here will be minimal and if you're able to stick around for a while (preferable!) you'll seriously be getting paid to do what you want for 8 hours straight while he's sleeping. i've got to put some thought into the pay rate... it'll likely be a per month arrangement and likely dependent partially on your qualifications and experience. we will definitely discuss it. i cant emphasize enough, though, how very little you'll be required to do and someone who has another PT job or is in school should be able to get quite a bit of sleep if thats how they so choose to use their time. you need to have experience, particularly with newborns or infants. it need not be extensive but you need to know how to feed, diaper, hold, and love a baby. and i mean it. if you harm or neglect my baby, there's going to be big trouble so i ask that you possess common sense in the BIGGEST sense, regardless of the extent of your experience. references are non-negotiable, i want em. i'd obviously like to talk to the parent of a BABY you watched, but if you have experience with olders kids, i'll talk to their parents too. just dont lie to me about your history in childcare. we live at irving park/oakley, right by irving/western. VERY accessible via public transport.. we've got the irving/western busses RIGHT here and you can walk from Ashland or the irving brownline... or hop on the irving bus from the sheridan redline or irving blue line. the stop is right in front of our place. if you have a car, there's usually ample street parking and if you ever have trouble finding anything i can likely arrange something with the restaurant owner downstairs for you to use the lot at night. please contact me if this is something you'd be interested in. i know pay is a very important factor but i need to put a little thought into it in the mean time, but i'll definitely let you know before i ask that you stop by or anything like that. it'll be a great gig if the hours work for you... (where was this position when i was looking for nights?!) and i can't reiterate enough how laid back the situation'll be as long as you take good care of my son. send me your questions, concerns and a little bit about yourself, will you? i'm still hashing out some details but i can work with you if you're sincere. (please dont bother if you're not). thanks for your time! - Mary
Original URL: http://chicago.en.craigslist.org/chc/kid/985430586.html
_________________________________________________________

.... How Much?!

14) Weekend Sitter Needed (Westchester/White Plains/Valhalla)
We need a weekend nanny/babysitter to help care for the 3 month old son of a socialite mother who is very busy on the weekends The only duties entailed are taking care of the baby and feeding him. NO housekeeping or cooking for the family. Hours are Friday evenings until our plans are over, (may include overnight) and Saturdays at 12:00- our plans end sometime late in the evening (1 or @, also some weekends overnight) You will not be needed overnight every weekend just a select few. Must need a reliable form of transportation Must have experience with young babies. single Salary $70 a day for saturdays (1-12, with no overnight) $150 per overnights leaving beofre 10 the next morning Baby wakes up 1-2 times a night and is just settling in to a sleeping pattern. He also has nightly bath. Please contact as soon as possible. Rates are non-negotiable
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/kid/980006882.html
_________________________________________________________

15) We're in need of a babysitter Wednesday Night! (PDX/Vancouver)
Hello! My husband and I have a business function to go to this upcoming Wednesday night (January 7th). We live in Portland but the function will be in Vancouver so if you're anywhere nearby that would be great. Our daughter is 9-months-old and we need someone to take care of her from about 6pm until midnight I'm guessing. Money is tight so all we'll be able to pay is $30. I'd prefer to have you watch her in your home. Please e-mail me with your information as soon as possible! Thank you for your time, Melissa
Original URL: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/kid/977960607.html
_________________________________________________________

16) I Might Be Crazy, But It's Worth a Shot! (Lincoln)
Yes, I might be crazy, but I thought it would be worth a shot to put an ad for childcare on Craigs List offering what I can afford, which is not much. I am starting up as a substitute teacher when the new year convenes, and I need someone to watch my two kids, almost 3 and almost 1, while I am gone. It's not a hard job, my kids are very good, but I can only give you $100/week to come watch them. That's for both kids, not per child, by the way. (Okay, you can stop laughing, I told you it was crazy). I also am going to be more crazy and request you actually interact with my kids and not just have them sit there in front of the TV all day while I am gone. I need someone to come insanely early (by 7 am because where I sub will vary and I'll need to be out the door most days by 7:30) feed, dress, and possibly bathe my kids, play with them, put my son on the bus for preschool 2 day/week, put my daughter down for her nap, and clean up any messes incurred throughout the day. I also need a warm body available to meet my son as the bus drops him off during his pre-school days and to be there to watch my daughter be incredibly cute. Not too hard, right? I don't mind if you want to bring your child/children. I would actually like it as I want my kids to interact more with well-behaved kids (and I'm sure your kids would be well-behaved!) If interested, please reply to this email and I will call you back to arrage a time to meet. Thanks, Nicole Walton Mother of Daniel and HaileyJane
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/974631528.html
_________________________________________________________

17) Full time Bab Sitter Needed!!!! (Elmwood Park)
Hey, Where Looking for a full time baby sitter in our home. Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm. My daughter is 20 months old. Our current sitter is leaving us in a week. The pay is $250 a week. No cleaning or house work required. If interested, please contact me. Thank you, Joe 201-538-****
Original URL: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/kid/978487374.html
_________________________________________________________

18) Nanny to Care for our 2 boys in our Oswego Home (Ogden (rte. 34) & Douglas)
Our family is looking for a stable, affectionate, kind and energetic person to care for our two boys (ages 5 & 2) in our Oswego home. My eldest son needs to be dropped off & picked up at school in the afternoon (2blks. away). Must be punctual and well spoken, a great example for our boys. No pets, no smoking home. We are a very laid back family and feel strongly about our children having a good time while learning. Clean driving record and reliable vehicle a must. Compensation is $300 per week. Must Provide References. Must be willing to have a background check completed. 5 days per week from 7:45am to 4:30pm. Please call 708-289-**** to schedule an interview. PLEASE, LONG TERM COMMITMENTS ONLY!!! ***Mom's with toddlers will also be considered.
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/kid/979378417.html
_________________________________________________________

19) Free Childcare Today Only (Murfreesboro)
I usually care for about 5 children in my state license childcare home per day. However, 4 called in this week to be out for today. I have a 3 year old girl coming and she needs a playmate. I do not want her to be alone. I will offer free childcare for today to the first person who contacts me by email. Thanks
Original URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/982145442.html
_________________________________________________________

20) Empty Nest Syndrome (Vernon/Big Ben)
I am a mother or 3 grown boys a stepmother of 3 grown boys and a grandmother to 7 children. I am missing the fun I had with them when they were small. All the new beginnings they had. I would like to offer Free Childcare for the first month for a struggling family. I will be starting this in Feb. You need to prove to me that you are in need. I want to help my community. Please email me with any questions you have. I also specialize in Special Needs Children. I worked in the school system and taught CDC children. Look forward to hearing from you.
Original URL: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/kid/974299197.html
_____________________________________________

21) Babysitter Wanted (Castle Hill/Parkchester)
You are needed to watch two children ages 10 and 5 years. 3- 4 Days out of the week from 3pm to 1am which includes picking them up from school. This is not a live-in position but accommodations can be made. I prefer someone who lives in the neighborhood,the kids are fairly independent, so all you will have to do is keep them until 1am 3- 4 Days out of the week. Please send me 3 references. With your phone number. I am willing to pay $15.00-per day per child. I need someone who is responsible and reliable.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/kid/981331024.html
_________________________________________________________

22) Older Nanny, M-F, 8-6PM *$250* (Washington Heights)
Hello Everyone I have a 1 year-old toddler and I am currently looking for a caring nurturing fun, energetic and super trustworthy and dependable. I need the person to be older, puntual and flexible. We are a great family. The job requires you bathing, playing with child, organizing all my baby's clothes and toys. Lastly, light house cleaning--small apartment. This could be a great relationship and with time holds alot of advantages. I just need a really loving, professional older nanny. Spanish speakers are welcome. I am looking to hire soon. I am a very understanding person but I look for someone who will not speak on the phone all day, or sleep and not look after my child. I really i'm looking for someone who wants to do this job because I love children. Its a position ideal for an older person who has grown children, doesnt speak much english and lives close by to come by 8am. Thanks.
Original URL: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/kid/980030112.html
_________________________________________________________

23) FT childcare wanted for Baby & 4 yo (East side Madison)
Hello, My spouse and I have a 9 month old and a 4YO (she'll be 5 in April). We are looking for full-time care (7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.) Monday-Friday, either in your home or in ours (your preference). We can pay $300 per week for the two of them. We need a home with no large dogs. Our oldest will start school in September, and we can then pay $180 per week for the baby. Please e-mail me and I'll provide you with my name and number. Thanks!
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/980283731.html
_________________________________________________________

24) Help! Child care needed to start on 1-13-09 (Marietta)
Looking for someone to take care of my two and a half year old son at our home evenings(nights)and weekends mostly. Some overnights may be needed as well. This will be a continuing job. The schedule will vary and will be known one to two weeks prior, based on my work schedule, so flexibility is very important. Must have a car and valid DL to pick my son up from daycare during the week if I am working a night shift. I can get a carseat for you if you don't have one. I will work approx. 50-55 hrs./week, but my son will be in daycare Mon. to Fri. until 5ish. His caregiver will need to be with him for my full shifts on the weekends, however. It would be OK to take him out and do what you normally would with him. I am just starting this job and getting us back on our feet again, so I can't pay much in the beginning. I hope to pay more later, but can only start at about $350.00/month. My son is very easy going and a pleasure to be with. He practically takes care of himself. He needs routine and some stability during this transition period so I'm looking for someone who can be sensitive to that and make this is easy as possible for him. I begin my job on January 13th so I need to find the right person quickly. Serious only please reply or call 770-330-****
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/978495715.html
_________________________________________________________

25) After School Nanny/Babysitter Needed ASAP (Kennesaw GA)
I am seeking a reliable and trustworthy afterschool nanny/babysitter to sit with my 5 year old son after school Monday through Thursday from 2:20-6:30 (sometimes until 7:00pm). The start off pay will be $50/week but I am willing to give pay increases after the first 90 days if I see fit. Babysitting experience required Background check and references required Please contact me with your name, age and qualifications as well as your phone number if you are interested.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/979053440.html
_________________________________________________________

26) Live out Nanny Needed (Poinciana/Polk County)
Live out nanny needed for my 20 months twin girls.Needed from M-F from 7:00 am to 6:00pm but preferably with Saturday availability to switch one weekday for a Saturday ocasionally. Principal responsibilities are to take care of them and prepare their meals. We prefer someone with an early childhood background/knowledge and English/Spanish speaker. Drug test, references,and background check needed. Must have reliable transportation and be punctual.Benefits are:paid holidays and one week vacation paid. Salary: from 800.00 to 1,200 per month depending on experience and qualifications.If you are interested please e-mail me your resume and/or letter of interest to be considered for an interview. Thank you!
Original URL: http://orlando.craigslist.org/kid/976292522.html
_________________________________________________________

27) Childcare Needed Every Fri Sat Sun - Overnight (North Scottsdale)
Childcare Needed for Weekend Nights Position: Care for well mannered 11 year old child. Hours: Friday Night 6pm-8:00am Sat Night 6pm-8:00am Sun Night 6pm-8:00am Qualifications: Reliable, honest, enjoys being around children, attentive, mature, and responsible. Note: Please live close to raintree and 101 - I presently have a good commute to work and will be unable to travel much more for childcare because of time constraints. Pay: $600.00 per mo Please only serious applicants need apply. I will need someone for a minimum of 1 yr starting in Jan 2009 (excluding holidays and school vacations). I will request references. I may also be interested in a Nanny/Childcare Provider who would be available to my child from Friday evening til Monday Morning if the fee is affordable.
Original URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/kid/979073226.html
_________________________________________________________

28) I need a full time nanny a.s.a.p. (SFbay)
Hello!nanny, i have a 2month old baby girl. i need someone to come to my house monday-thursday 9-5 and on friday 11-7. you dont need to do anything like cleaning, driving laundry etc..., i only need someone to care for my daugther that's it. i will pay 600 month, if your interested pls. call me 408-644**** thank you have a nice day..
Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/kid/978693775.html
_________________________________________________________

29) We need a nanny to start this month (North Park/Golden Hill)
We have two toddlers, we need a full time nanny to watch them while we work. If you have a small child you may bring them with you. Our older child will be starting preschool in about six months, and that will reduce the workload when that commences. The pay rate is between $250-275 per week. The hours are M-F 7:30-5:30pm. Requirements: -Nanny or child care experience of some sort, for multiple children (2 or more). This is a must! We are primarily looking for someone who knows how to structure a full day with toddlers, including trips to the park, nutrition, naps, enriching activities, etc. -Have a reliable vehicle that can transport the kids to the park, zoo, etc. (we'll provide any car seats as needed, as well as park passes if you don't have them). -Be able to provide references. We will also do a background check on the final candidate. -Be willing to start in mid-January, and be able to commit to long term employment. If you are interested, please send me an email and tell me about yourself, and include a phone number where I can reach you. Thank you for reading. Please feel free to include any questions in your reply.
Original URL: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/kid/979095165.html
_________________________________________________________

30) We're looking for a Nanny/Permanent Babysitter in... (West Roseville)
Hello! Our family consists of two amazing little ones, and my boyfriend and I. Our daughter is 5 years old and is in AM Kindergarten, and our son's almost 2 years old. Our daughter is very intelligent and is a great conversationalist. She participates in Swimming, Dance, Gymnastics, Soccer, etc. Our boy is very active, and he is almost always smiling. He loves to make us laugh, as he is our little Comedian. We are very blessed. My boyfriend and I, both work, but we work opposing shifts so at least one of us can be home with our children for most of the day. I went part time at work to compensate for the overlap time, but I will have to return to full time again soon. Also, my Boyfriend's hours will vary due to his job. We are looking for a nanny to work part-time, about 25-30 hours a week, in our home. We would like our nanny to be someone who is loving, patient, attentive to our children, experienced and reliable. It is also very important that you be structured and able to blend in with our routines, as well as incorporate your own. You must also be comfortable with communication. :-) Care would start at 12 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays until 5 pm. On Wednesdays, and Fridays just our son from 7:30 am until 12:00 pm. Wednesday both kids from 12 pm until 5 pm. We are looking to pay about $150 - $200 per week, depending on experience. We will also negotiate for, Holiday leave, Sick leave, etc. We are asking for occasional transportation with the children. Finding someone who is available to work the occasional late evening for "date night" would be beautiful. So, there you go. Thank you for viewing, and we look forward to hearing from you soon...
Original URL: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/kid/973581160.html
_________________________________________________________

31) Nanny needed asap - (14 hrs/day) - (Willow Grove PA)
I need nanny to take care of my two kids. I would like to have someone who will be able to be home between 07:15 - 07:30 am and be willing to leave after 09:00pm when I am back home. You can live-in if you like, especially if it not safe to drive due to bad weather. You duties will be to take care of kids. ie serving meals, Kids room kept neat, Kids dishes are cleaned after serving meal, Shower kids before going to bed. I am willing to offer $325 per week Mon-Frid. Occasionally i can ask for weekend and rate will be negotiated at that time. Please respond only if you will be willing to consider. Looking for someone to start Jan 11, 2009
Original URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/kid/978331844.html
_________________________________________________________

32) Nanny Needed!!! Start Jan. 19 (Spring Mountain/Arville)
Aloha, I have a 4month old son. The position is for in my home care pay is $20.00 a day 4 days(80.00weekly) a week mondays 7:45am - 3:30pm tuesday, wednesday and friday 8:15 - 3:30 (off thursdays). We are a low income family so we cant really afford more. If you are interested email me, NOW INTERVIEWING!!! Would need you to start on monday january 19. Thank you!!
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/983151463.html
_________________________________________________________

33) Nanny needed beginning April 2009 for two young boys (Duluth GA)
Duluth family looking for a full time Nanny to care for two young boys in our home Monday-Friday 8-5pm beginning in April 2009. One child will be 2 yrs old and the other will be 12 weeks old. Previous childcare experience with infants and toddlers is a MUST, CPR certified and references required. Must show a valid drivers license and have a clean background check. Nanny will be required to do art and learning activities, outdoor play, feeding and in a structured daily routine, take the toddler to enrolled classes or activities (gas mileage is reimbursed). Pay is $250 week firm. Please only serious inquiries, if you do not meet all above criteria, please do not respond. If you have a resume, please feel free to attach in the email response.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/979908255.html

Response from a CL reader about the above Ad:
RE: Nanny needed beginning April 2009 for two young boys (Duluth GA)
I usually don't respond to posts like this at all but for I feel I must respond now. You want all these wonderful things from a nanny, which I think is perfectly within reason to request. However lets be realistic here $250 a week, 45 hours a week, works out to about $5.55 an hour. Not even minimum wage, would you work for less than minimum wage? As a nanny and long time professional childcare provider I find that insulting, you would pay more than that just for the infant in a daycare and you want one on one care for that much. Parents please remember that you get what you pay for. Most of us out there are loving caring people that provide great care for your children and also have families and children to support ourselves. Ok I will get off my soapbox now....just could'nt let that one get by without saying anything.
Original URL: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/kid/980427698.html
_________________________________________________________

34) Single Mom Needs Reliable Nanny (Las Vegas)
Hi there! I am a single mom of two great kids, 11 and 4. I am a flight attendant and have to work three days a week, which requires me to be out of town. I am looking for someone reliable and trustworthy and fun who would be willing to watch the kids on those days, including the two overnights. The kids are on a great schedule and great sleepers, and my 11 year old is independent and doesn't require much more than supervision. I usually work on th fri sat or fri sat sun, and would know my schedule at least two weeks in advance. If week days work better for you, I could bid for those shifts. Also, there might be a time when I'd need someone for one day or evening without an overnight for a single-day flight schedule. Again, I would be able to clear your availability ahead of time. Reliable transportation would be needed, as my son will need to be picked up and dropped off at school. There might be an occasion or two when I'd like babysitting for a date night or something of that nature, but we could negotiate those separately. I would be willing to pay $175 a week. I am looking forward to hearing from you, if this sounds like something you'd be interested in, or to provide more information on how my schedule works. God Bless!
Original URL: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/kid/981387434.html
_________________________________________________________

35) Need a Nanny to help a SAHM (Midtown East - NYC)
I am looking for a nanny for a newborn baby, who will be born in February. I work part-time (half-days), and need a helping hand to divide my responsibilities with baby and home. So I am looking for someone who is willing to help me with the baby and in the kitchen, and do other house-keeping/ laundry jobs as time permits (when baby is sleeping or when I am taking care of the baby). I am offering $400 a week + unlimited monthly metro card for the job described above. It's not a lot of work, considering that I will be there half the time to help; the baby will sleep most of the time to begin with and we don't have a huge apt. We live in Midtown East-New York City and need the nanny to work 10 hours a day, M-F. I am looking to hire someone starting Feb. 1 or maybe sooner (start date flexible). If the above job profile and salary offered interests you, please contact me via email. Please reach out only if you are seriously interested. Thank you.
(Please include URL's)
_________________________________________________________

36) Nightshift childcare needed (Gilbert)
looking for female to watch my 4 1/2 year old 2 nights per week, night shift 530pm to 730am 2 nights per week and an occasionally another night. have your own bedroom, very comfortable home and well behaved child. $30/night 239-580-****
Original URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/kid/985205874.html
_________________________________________________________

37) Need someone next week!!! (N Western/Montrose)
Hi, I need someone next week M-F who would pick up my kids at 1:45 from school and keep them at our house until around 6.I have a 10yo and a 7yo who are great kids and well behaved. They will need help with some school work. I am looking for someone who really likes kids and is not just doing it for the money. I will need more help in the following weeks after school. I am new to Chicago and getting established in my business, so I can pay $10 for the next month with a raise after that. I am laid back and flexible as long as the kids have attention and are being cared for. Thanks, Miriam
Original URL: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/kid/985638227.html
______________________________________________
Special Thanks to the following Readers for these AWESOME Ads: northjerseynanny, CraigsListCrusader, MissDee, live.moxie, mbargielski, cdhere25, SFClaire and Fourteenhourdays. All of you did an excellent job! Keep sending in the craziest Ads you can find! Remember: CL-WTF will be Posted every Saturday... please send next weeks Ads HERE.

TO LEAVE A COMMENT: PLEASE CLICK HERE!!

No comments: