Wednesday

CL - WTF #9 (continued)

Saturday, September 6, 2008
craigs list wtf return to front page HERE.
Overnight Childcare Needed In My Home (Eastern Jackson County)

I am just trying to get someone lined up ahead of time. This position is not immediately available, but you must be able to take it on with at least a weeks notice. My job is seasonal and I could be called back in anytime within the next few months. My position will remain active through at least June. I will NOT take my daughter somewhere to be cared for because I do NOT want to have to pick her up in the middle of the night. My work week is Sunday - Thursday. I will need someone from 5:30pm to 3am, occasionally I will have overtime and will need someone until 6am. You are more than welcome to stay the whole night. I will not pay more than $15 per night ($75 a week), because my daughter will be sleeping most of the time.
I will be feeding her dinner before I leave for work and all I need is someone responsible to give her a snack and keep her entertained until bedtime. I need someone at least 15 years of age!
I have cable and high speed internet, plenty of food. I want someone who can feel at home, yet pick up after themselves.
Original URL: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/kid/827102506.html
______________________________________________________

Nanny (East Side Madison)
HELP! Our nanny just resigned! In home childcare needed: Monday-Friday 9:30-4:30.
Pay= $200-$300/ WEEK. Our 5 month old boy needs a responsible, loving individual to care for him. Employment begins IMMEDIATELY. Schedule allows for time off according to the Madison school district calendar (normal school holidays/breaks.) Our home is on the far east side, on the bus line,- own transportation to and from job necessary. Experience with infants preferred, references necessary. Job entails light housework and watching his older brother when he gets off the school bus in the late afternoon. Non-smokers only. Please e-mail with letter of interest and qualifications. Call: 224-****
Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/kid/826266099.html
__________________________________________

Nanny Needed (Hermitage)
Looking for responsible Nanny to provide loving care to 3 and 1 year old 5 days a week in my home. Extensive backround and drug screening will be mandatory. Serious inquires only. Offering 115.00 per week per child. Please respond to this ad with resume. Hours are from 6 am to 4:30 PM the latest, must be long term commitment!!!!!
Location: Hermitage
Compensation: 115.00 per child
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Original URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/edu/807628384.html
___________________________________________

Single Dad in need (Montreal)
I am a single dad of a little girl
My work is about to change shifts whereas I'll be placed from day shift to night shift, There is no daycare anywhere that tends to night shift parents it seems.
I am a single dad, living near the Atwater Market, 10 mins from Ste-Catherine O by Metro.
Here is what I need, Someone that speaks Tagalog, English,
I must leave my house @ 18:00hr so you should be available 30 mins before I leave.
I'll return 3am
Your duties will be to pick her up at the daycare center no later then 4:30 - 5pm MAX - give her supper, bath, be her buddy till 8:30pm put her to bed, and the rest of the night is yours just don't leave her alone in the house, so you can watch TV - Use the internet, study, sleep with one eye open.
Baby Kassandra understands Tagalog, French and English, you do not need to know CP/R or anything medical as she is 100% in perfect health.
Please note if you wish to take care of my little princeess there is a screening process you 'must pass'
A background check will be done
a drug test
credit check
police check
3 or more people that know you and can tell me your not a wack job
My daughter is a Filipina/Canadian mix
This would be for 5 nights a week, we can work this out as I give you a place to live in exchange for your services. No cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, I'll do all that. All you have to do is tend to my daughters needs
Original URL: http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/kid/821904080.html
______________________________________________________

Easiest Job You'll Ever Have (Branford)
Are you looking to make some easy money???? I need someone Monday thru Thursday mornings from 7am-8:30am to make sure my kids leave for school ontime. They are 13,11, and 9 and are very self-sufficient but just need some guidance and someone to keep them moving on schedule. I would pay $50/week, if this sounds good to you send me an email.
Original URL: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/kid/823550770.html
______________________________________________________

Nanny Needed (Norfolk)
Hello, I am looking for a full time Nanny for 2 kids. No cleaning involved except for after yourself, It's a very laid back environment I just want my kids to be taken care of. Mornings will start around 730am and your day would end between 4-5pm typically Monday-Friday. Anything over that is overtime and you will be compensated for that. You may be able to bring your own child with you. I can only afford $150-200/weekly and I will do a background check. Please email me information about yourself (No Resumes) and your salary requirements.
Original URL: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/kid/828722263.html
____________________________________________________

PT Nanny Needed Weekday Afternoons for 2 Teen Girls -- $15/Hr. (N. Arlington)
Part-time nanny / babysitter needed in the home (N. Arlington) for 2 teenage girls (14 and 16 yrs old). Pay starts at $15/hour. These are great kids, and we need someone nice, loving and reliable. Must be female, speak English, have a car, be able to drive them to activities, and help them do homework, mostly by keeping the TV and computer turned off. Hours 3 to 7 Monday through Friday. Perfect job for a Marymount, George Mason or other local college student. E-mail to address above, or call 703-407-**** or 202-380-****. Thanks!
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/kid/829401702.html
________________________________________________

Babysitter Needed (Murfreesboro)
I need someone who can start immediately. I have a two year old daughter and one year old son. I need someone reliable and responsible. I would need you to watch them in my home on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 6:30 AM to 4 PM. I am located in Murfreesboro. Pay would be 20 dollars a day making that 60 dollars a week with the chance of a raise later on. The pay is so smal at first because I am just starting a new job. The pay will go up to 100 dollars a week. At least one reference is preferred. If interested please contact me at the numbers or email address below. Kellie Knowles 615-890-**** home 615-663-**** cell
Original URL: http://nashville.craigslist.org/kid/826896865.html
________________________________________________

Sitter needed (Fishersville/surrounding area)
looking for a sitter for hrs ranging between 7-4 or 8-4 or 10-4 am mon-fri. oldest ins school so would have both boys briefly just mostly my youngest (age 3) during the day.... pay now about 55 a wk so wanna keep it around that. must be able to pick my oldest up from school rarely when my grandma or myself cant. willing to pay more if have both boys during a long period of time. willing to negotiate price but only a fair one. your house or mine. experience,non smoker,preferably someone who doesnt watch more than 1 other kid now
Original URL: http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/kid/814997240.html
Note: Willing to negotiate price but only a fair one?! .... 45 hrs. / $55.00 A week?!
_________________________________________________________

Nanny Needed Full-Time (Roanoke, VA)
I need a responsible, patient and reliable person to care for my three children ages 9, 6, 4. The hours are Monday 7:30-9:15; Tuesday 7:30-8:15; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7:30-5:15. Pay is $150.00 per week. I provide all food. In my home or yours, but must be able to get two older kids from the bus stop. References required. Please call Stacy (717) 965-****. Thank you.
Original URL: http://roanoke.craigslist.org/kid/818762293.html
____________________________________________________

Live-In Nanny Needed In Sykesville (Sykesville)
Hi there, Thank you for reading our ad. We are looking for a live in Nanny to live on a farm.
Two school age children
Hours 7-8 am - 3-6 pm
We own a large property and have rescue animals- 5 horses, 4 cattle and 4 goats. A love of animals is mandatory. We like being on the farm, swimming and playing with the animals.
It is a 2 bedroom log cabin on the property (87 acres) which is about 500 yards from the main house. There is a kitchen and a living room and it has its own garden.
Very competitive salary based on experience but around 750.00 a week
Call for more information 888-436-****
Original URL: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/kid/828388676.html
Note: I would consider this one a GOOD WTF? .... A private 2BR Cabin, short hours AND $700.00 a week?! .... Nice!

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS HERE!
Email Jane to add your Submission to next week's post.
Thank you "D", Nicole, Miss Dee, KC, "T" and everyone else who submitted ads this week.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with the one in Arlington? I am a nanny in college and although I would need more than 20 hours per week, I would KILL for $15 per hour. And I make a pretty good salary for my area.

And $15 per NIGHT?! That is probably the craziest childcare proposition I have ever seen or heard of.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

This time if there are any questions about why an Ad was posted, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

The Arlington Ad was found to be interesting mainly because of the Debate this week on what age would be appropriate for leaving kids home alone.
Two Teen girls, 14 and 16 y.o. -- one would think they'd be too old for a Nanny!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment, mpp, teen girls may sound a little old for a nanny, at the same time I can see why a parent would not want to leave two teenage children by themselves all afternoon long, although a college student might not be the best choice in this case. Also, it says they need to be driven to activities so maybe this is the main reason behind the job offer.

Anonymous said...

That's what I think- I am a nanny for a 15 year old girl who has two younger sisters, and I know for a fact their parents wouldn't feel comfortable with her driving the two younger girls all around town to dance lessons, basketball practice, etc.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Thank you KC and My Two Cents.

I think teenage girls 14 and 16 y.o. should be mature enough to handle a couple of hours to themselves... but following the Debate we had, maybe these 2 aren't. Otherwise, the Mom could've just hired a Driver to take her daughters to their activities, like 'My Two Cents' suggested.

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with the last one? $750 a week isnt bad??

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

NYCnanny

If you'll notice at the bottom, it says it's a GOOD WTF. :)
I would take it!

Anonymous said...

true mpp , but someone sent it in as a bad one! but yes, agreed:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaryPoppin'Pills said...

I don't think it was intended to be a bad one. I kind of went WTF? myself when I saw it, lol.
I mean, for a Live-in? Wow! I don't think that job will be open for long! :)
The private 2BR Cabin is what sold me.

Sometimes at the bottom of an Ad, a poster will write a notation of why it should be submitted. For example.... I wondered at first what was wrong with the Montreal Ad until at the bottom they wrote:

"you do not need to know CP/R or anything medical as she is 100% in perfect health."

- who doesn't want their Nanny to know CPR?

Anonymous said...

Oops! I finished typing the post and clicked the wrong key. The chicken enchiladas are great! *LOL* Sorry Mary!

Anonymous said...

MPP anything for you and Jane!Where are those ISYN tee shirts to advertise this wonderful site?

7:07 PM

RE-POST
(Thanks!)

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

KC
I had so much mail to go through that I accidently missed your CL ad. I'm so sorry. I'll try to get it up for you.

Anonymous said...

no problem, MPP! You can just include it in the next posting if you want.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Thanks, KC.

Anonymous said...

Actually, MPP, my job didnt require me to know CPR. The baby was 2 months old when I was hired and they never once asked for it. Believe it or not a couple of jobs didnt ask for it either!I just dont get it!! I did get certified on my own just because I was working with a newborn and for my own piece of mind.

Emily said...

With regard to the two teens in Arlington: When I was 14/16, my mom felt very comfortable leaving ME home alone, but she hated to leave me home with my siblings b/c we tended to squabble a lot. Perhaps this mom just doesn't want to have a power struggle going on in her house every day after school.

Jane Doe said...

711-
on cafe press,
halfway finished...

I need to get those finished. I am so appreciative of your interest and support.

Anonymous said...

From my cement island, I think the farm one sounds wonderful. Your own little cabin, and HORSES!

Anonymous said...

I would seriously take the last 2 wtf's I see absolutely nothing wrong with them

UmassSlytherin said...

I just wanted to say that I would most likey buy a t-shirt. for isyn. :)

Anonymous said...

nannp
did you not see the note: this is a "good wtf?"
not all wtf have to be bad.

Emily said...

It is weird to put a positive spin on the idea of "WTF". The "F" in "WTF" just isn't a positive word, so I understand everyone's confusion over a "good WTF".

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

Thank you, Emily.

I was hoping that people wouldn't read too much into it. I thought the same thing, but figured WTF? could also be intended as a "surprise reaction".... and not always having a negative connotation, but I can see what you mean.

MaryPoppin'Pills said...

BTW, I wasn't sure that everyone could see the notation, so I made it more bold. :)

Anonymous said...

If you want to see some real WTF job postings look on enannysource.com. It's amazing what some people think is appropriate pay!

Anonymous said...

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/kid/831453990.html



Hi my name is Kaylee. I am 23yr old student/bartender.

I live in Huntington Beach but am willing to travel. I have experience with children. I worked at a daycare throughout highschool.

If your a mom that needs help running errands, watching the kids, doing activities with them, if you just need a lil help thats the ideal position for me.

I work nights normally.. i dont mind working occasionally on the weekends. I can be flexible if you can be flexible
I am very outgoing, active and personable
If you have any questions please email me.

I can also sit at my house as well

Kaylee B.

Anonymous said...

ew, ew, ew! Too damn much make-up. She looks nothing like I'd expect a nice nanny to look like.

Kaitlyn and Daniel said...

5:01, stop being so judgemental. If this is how you act, she probably wouldn't want to work for you anyway.