Tuesday

Need Advice PLEASE!

I need advice. I recently started working as a nanny, but before this, I worked at a church daycare. While I was there, I got in a lot of trouble for things like sending a child home for a 101.5 degree temp without asking the (absent) director, and for using a rectal thermometer on a 13 month old. (I get the issue there, but it was also the only thermometer in the daycare that works, and it's the one I was given by older ladies who worked there). Meanwhile, my coworker was incredibly lazy. My children (18-36 months) were not changed until I came in at 9:30, she wouldn't put the potty training children on the potty to at least try to go, and she sat on her phone all day. I was changing a child one day and I heard two children fighting and screaming. She was sitting on her phone, texting, and when I asked her to take care of it, she didn't even look up and told them to stop. It ended with one child being bit so hard that he had a bruise for two weeks.

These are just a couple of examples of things that went on. I recently found out that my former boss hasn't hired anyone else to take my place, and two other women have recently quit. She's had 5 weeks to hire new workers and she refuses to. The daycare already had an illegal teacher/child ratio, and the director would leave promptly at 4, not checking on the workers.

Should I let the parents know what happened? I had two parents ask if they should be concerned when I let them know I no longer worked at the daycare, so I told them about why I left. But should I let the others know? I'm worried about legal repercussions and such. Thank you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can anonymously put that up on the daycares website.

nc said...

You should be able to file a complaint with the state licensing bored for childcare centers. They should be able to do a surprise visit on them to see if there are any violations.

noeladd said...

I second calling the state licensing board. I don't know what state you are in but in Pennsylvania you would contact the department of Human Services or DHS. Good luck, don't feel bad about doing what you need to do to protect the children. They are innocent in this and are the ones suffering.

Anonymous said...

Personally if it were my child and you used a rectal thermometer, you'd be in prison for child sexual assault.

G8nanny58 said...

I would tell the parents. Just imagine if it was your children.

Anonymous said...

You're an idiot.